It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt Empty
PostSubject: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:46 am

So, I got these purchases in the mail this week, and I know the convert harness has been brought up before, and I am so pleased with my Alpine order, so I figured I'd do a brief review.

Convert Harness By EzyDog:
EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt 00
Don't mind Rogue's fur. She's blowing coat. Yay me.

I like this harness a lot more than I thought. It looks awesome on the dogs, and is definitely made out of good quality material. When I first got it and was putting it on the dogs, it freaked me out a little that the front strap is velcro and you have to pull it through and behind (you pull the strap through the little slip plastic piece, and then pull it behind and velcro, and the velcro is how you adjust how tight or loose it has to be). I ran a good 2 miles with them at a relatively fast speed tonight in it, and when we were finished with out walk, it hadn't moved at all. I also yanked the dogs around by their leashes, pulled on the harness from all directions, and it didn't move. So, I would say the front strap is pretty secure. The part that goes under the belly is pretty much a belly band, it's nice and thick with a sturdy buckle. The D ring seems pretty tough as well and it has a handle like the RW webmaster does. The harness would be easy to clean if dirty and I expect it to hold up to wear and tear pretty well. I DO think I like this better as a general harness than my webmaster, my dogs seem to like the fit better than the webmaster as well. It doesn't slide around a lot like the webmaster did on my two (my only issue with RW is their sizing is a little rough, so with harnesses and things of that sort, I usually can't get a product that fits them perfectly).

I bought it primarily because I wanted a better SD vest for Rogue, and most companies don't carry them in her size (plus they have a "service dog" tape to replace EzyDog like Koda has Alpha, but I'm waiting for it to be back in stock). I can never buy just one of the dogs something, so I got Koda one too- but he does therapy dog visits on Fort Carson so he could use a harness as well. The tapes they have are cute too, and you could even get a blank one and do iron-ons of their name and phone numbers too. But I also have grown to like these for general harness use and hiking. I think I like these better than the webmaster (but not sure if I prefer them over my omnijore harness, solely because I like the back straps that gives extra room on the omnijore) and I would definitely recommend them to someone wanting a really nice looking, durable, high-quality product. The only thing that sucks is the average husky owner will have to pay $60-$70 for one. The medium fits Koda right at the end. I'd probably say the average sibe, male or female, will want a medium, and the bigger sibes (55+lbs) will want a large (unless they have a narrow chest).

So I give this product a pretty good thumbs up. It's pretty much a more hardcore, improved, sporty quickfit harness or whatever that one was called.
By the way, Jarod is the loser who wanted the alpha patch. Not me. Haha.

Next, I bought from Alpine the musher's belt and jogger leashes:
EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt 01

Okay. I LOVE these. If you run your dogs, you will love it too. Heck, if you hike and want something that doesn't go out as far as most canicross lines go, this is for you too. My belt is padded and it is SO comfortable. To adjust there is a strap you loosen or tighten, and you pull it through the center piece and behind and put that clasp down to secure it. When I first got it and adjusted it, this as well freaked me out about loosening, but I've ran with it for 3 days nonstop, many miles, with the dogs running infront of me full speed, and it does not loosen at all. If I yank my belt around, stays in place. As long as you loop it right, you will have no issues. The belt comes with two D rings to the left and the right of the front of the belt for leashes, and these are securely in the belt as well. The jogger leashes one one end have your normal size, high quality metal clip that you clip on the dogs. The other end is a big, thick, heavy duty metal clip to go on the belt's D rings. They are both great quality (especially the one that goes to the D ring) and I have confidence in no mishaps. The leash itself I would say is maybe 6 feet? I'll measure tomorrow and edit. The polyethylene rope is superb quality and I'm confident it will last me a good while. It has a traffic handle towards the bottom of the leash so you can reel your dog in if needed for better control, which is always convenient when out hiking or running since you are likely going to run into others participating in the same activity you are. About 2/3 down the leash, there's the shockline, which makes it easier on your waist if your dog pulls or yanks some while hiking/running- it helps keep your dog from sort of yanking your back forward. That's probably one of the biggest perks for those who have dogs who may do sudden jerking movements... and will help if your dog spots a critter or two it wants to eat for a snack Cool. The rope is also reflective, which is a plus.
This product is A+++++++ I can't say enough good things about it. You will love it. Make the purchase. Do it. Now. Go!

I probably could get more thorough with both these reviews, but they're already pretty long.. any specific questions, just ask! I HIGHLY recommend both products.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 am

Thanks for the review Heather. We'll probably get 3 of the Convert Harnesses after January when everything slows down.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 am

You should save and wait for their next deal. I only bought because they had 15% off and free shipping! 3 dogs, yikes. But I really like the harness. I'll still stick with RW for leashes and collars, but I am slowly drifting from their body gear. We will be getting alpine xbacks for both dogs when the season ends and belts/lines from them.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 am

How big are the D-rings on the mushers belt? Enough to clip a good size heavier duty carabiner to? Looks nice. Sturdy enough to probably handle 2 dogs per clip?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 am

Heather! wrote:
You should save and wait for their next deal. I only bought because they had 15% off and free shipping! 3 dogs, yikes. But I really like the harness. I'll still stick with RW for leashes and collars, but I am slowly drifting from their body gear. We will be getting alpine xbacks for both dogs when the season ends and belts/lines from them.
Yeah that's why the dogs rarely get new things, it gets so expensive with 3, and they all always need to match Laughing

Luckily Ezydog does lots of sales
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:17 am

I think that steer me away from the quick fit harness from Ezydog. I just need something simple for jogging with the kids and the quick fit harness has a lot of sharp colours to match their collars and leashes. Now I think I'll go for the charcoal convert harness.I like Ezydog stuffs. Even though they are velcro adjustments, it is really strong plus I can colour coordinate the kids; red for Titus and blue for Lycan. They each have a soft trainer lead, multi-purpose lead, couple of collars and checkmate collars, all from Ezydog.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 am

I did it!! I ordered the Ezydog Convert Harness for both Titus and Lycan. Titus gets a Large whereas Lycan an XLarge. He is gonna grow into that in less two months time. However I can't resist getting a Quick Fit harness for them too. Lucky I bought it from a ebay store which has discounts on it.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

arooroomom wrote:
How big are the D-rings on the mushers belt? Enough to clip a good size heavier duty carabiner to? Looks nice. Sturdy enough to probably handle 2 dogs per clip?

The latches included are huge, and if the dogs crisscross I can fit both clips on one side when switching them. I think you'd have no issues switching a carabiner out for it, I think you could even pay extra to have them do it. I'd feel comfortable doing 4 dogs, but you can ask for extra d-rings.

The quick fit is not really worth it to me, it felt like the dog could back out of it. The material on the convert is much thicker and more sturdy.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Embry has slipped out of his chestplate one, I wouldn't even try the quick fit lol
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Embry has slipped out of his chestplate one, I wouldn't even try the quick fit lol

Titus too.. After he slipped out of his chestplate harnesss, I taught him not to slip out of anything that I put on him like head halter, collar, socks, shirt. Now I can make him wear practically anything and he wouldn't move out of it. It takes time and patience though, almost drive me crazy teaching him that. I wouldn't worry too much about Lycan.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am

Fantastic review, Heather!

Did you order the whole jogger's package from Alpine or did you order things separately?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 am

I'm so getting the belt and leashes! Either adding it to my xmas list for hubby or getting them when I get paid again!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Ok, I agree with EVERYTHING Heather said about the mushers belt and jogging leashes! I'm in LOVE! I don't know how I ran without these before and I've only used them this morning Razz I THINK I just might be able to run the three with these! We'll see, but I'm very hopeful! Only thing is that, even though the clips seem very secure, I'm going to add a locking carabiner that connects to the dog. Heather had mentioned that she did it and I think I should too. Just an extra precaution because I'm paranoid!

Here is Mya...

and the nuts...

Back to top Go down
MattV
Newborn
Newborn
MattV

Male Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 am

I like the Convert and I'm seriously considering one. My concern really has more to do with heat retention caused by the vest-style construction. Not an issue now, but come summer it will be. I know he's not going to dump much heat from the area it covers, but I wonder how much difference it will make.
I like its construction, though. Seems sturdy and well suited to the trails we like.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Question for you Heather about the Mushers Belt. I saw that you paid the extra for the padding on the belt. I'm 90% sure I'm going to pull the trigger on buying the same one from Alpine Outfitters but i noticed that its $10 less for the belt without padding. Me being a total cheapskate i wanted to ask you what you thought about the belt with padding. Have you (or anyone else on here) tried the one sans padding? Is it the kind of thing that's worth forking over or does it only make a marginal difference?

Also how does the traffic handle thing work? We go walking (and eventually will run) on trails and we do run into a fair amount of people and other dogs and since we are slow walkers i like to grab ahold of her leash and step to the side to let people pass. Is it the kind of thing where i could do that quickly and easily?

I wanted to ask their customer service about it but id rather have objective folks tell me rather than someone who wants to sell me something. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

I have the Alpine belt and I can't even imagine wearing it without the padding, it would be incredibly uncomfortable.

The traffic handle is up on the leash so you can just grab the line and pull the dog up near you, it's really nice.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
I have the Alpine belt and I can't even imagine wearing it without the padding, it would be incredibly uncomfortable.

The traffic handle is up on the leash so you can just grab the line and pull the dog up near you, it's really nice.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm

You can see the handle in this pic, i love mine! Couldn't imagine walking all three without it.
EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt 421944_455690664501482_1583298620_n
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

*sigh* okay i was afraid of that (needing the padding). but i may as well shell out the extra $10 if everyone is in agreement that it would be uncomfortable wearing it without it. In my head i like to think i can save money and suck it up without the padding but then id hate to be actually wearing it regretting that decision

Thank you so much for the info on the handle part of it. that sounds perfect for what we need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt   EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt Empty

Back to top Go down

EzyDog Convert Harness & Alpine Jogger leash/Musher's belt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1