It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What's a mini-husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

What's a mini-husky? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's a mini-husky?   What's a mini-husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 am

norbreedslove wrote:
I think they are cute. That is just me. Every one I have met are so scared of people. I guess they are very reserve. I am not interested in a dog like that. That is just my opinion.

I think your right that they can be cute. Never personally "met" one so I don't know the personality. I did read that they are reserved especially with strangers. i think I just like the big dogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What's a mini-husky?   What's a mini-husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am

I've played with quite a few, I met a couple breeders at a show last summer. Well, I saw quite a few, they don't really play. I've met a few on standards on hikes. Their personalities just don't compare to huskies. I was interested in the AKK at first, because some of them are cute (not all, for sure. some are really scary.) But they're not nearly as cute in person as in pictures, in my opinion. In person they seem so fragile, especially the toy and mini. I need a dog I can lay on and not break. lol

I was having this conversation with my roommate earlier today, but I feel kind of bad for dogs that are bred without a purpose. Not that they don't have good lives and aren't great dogs, dont get me wrong! I just love seeing them do what they're good at, opposed to dogs bred solely to make money and look cute. Just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What's a mini-husky?   What's a mini-husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:10 am

Balonsmom wrote:
Heather! wrote:
Pomskies are disgusting and the way the breeders are acting like this is a recognized and safe thing to do makes me want to spit in their faces. We have a thread on pomskies somewhere, and the general gist was what a crock of shit and money gimmick. They charge 3-4x more than you'd pay for some of the best lines in the husky community.

Klee kais are nice looking when standard, anything below standard starts looking a bit like a chihuahua/husky gross. I've met a few and they personally did not appeal to me, though obviously their disposition lays on the owner. The ones I've met are not anywhere near as outgoing and friendly as sibes, which is why I love the breed so much.

I get asked all the time is Ro is a "mini husky" since she's only 28lbs. I actually had a sales male at my door tell me she was one, and I said "no such thing," "no there is--" *slams door* haha. She looking nothing like a klee kai, either. She's just widdle.

Rogue does not look like an AKK, I think she is gorgeous!

Thanks! I think so too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a mini-husky?   What's a mini-husky? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's a mini-husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2