It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from North Alabama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
proudsoonersfan
Newborn
Newborn
proudsoonersfan

Male Join date : 2012-11-03

Hello from North Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Alabama   Hello from North Alabama EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:32 pm

I wanted to introduce our pack as I'm sure I'll have tons of questions. First off, please bear with me as this might be a bit lengthy LOL.

We have 6 dogs now...that's right 6. My wife stays at home so they have a life of luxury and can play while being supervised. First, we have 3 Yorkies (Minnie is 9, Jake is 6, and Bella is 3). After those 3, we decided to get involved with a rescue organization where we live that specializes in Huskies. As a result, we have rescued the last 3. So, we have an Eskie or an Eskie mix (Marshie who is 1.5), a male Husky (Smoky who we guess is 4 or 5) who is completely blind, and our newest addition is Miska who is a female Husky that is around 13 weeks old. When we adopted Smoky, nobody, ourselves included, knew he was blind. That made us want to keep him even more. Add to the fact that he's heartworm positive (being treated holistically and seems to be responding very well). He's a real good boy and doesn't bother the others at all. He loves his evening walks but he doesn't play at all...except when we take him with us to the rescue organization (every other week) that we work with. The lady that runs it has a place for Smoky to go and play. Though he doesn't play as much as I'd like, he seems to only know how to play like a Husky (you know, where they do the neck thing as they square off). That's how we ended up with Miska. She came from the pound with her 4 siblings and her mother. She got all of them adopted and we got Miska. Smoky doesn't like her....yet but she loves Bella and Marshie. Sometimes she's too much for them so we have to closely supervise. The goal here is to have a playmate for Smoky so maybe as she gets a little bigger and more mature, he'll learn to like her. For now, we wanted her to grow up in a pack where she's used to the little ones and not want to intentionally harm them. I know as she gets a little bigger, we'll probably have to separate them when it's play time. They all have a decent sized yard to play in too with a 6 ft fence (thank GOD).

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm sure we'll have lots of questions in our chaotic house LOL. Attached are pictures of Smoky and Miska and her mother (as a reference).

Hello from North Alabama 2012-112
Miska
Hello from North Alabama _faceb11
Miska's Mother
Hello from North Alabama 2012-011
Smoky
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Alabama   Hello from North Alabama EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Welcome, your pups are gorgeous! I'd also like to see pics of the eskie, ive got one myself tehe! congrats on the newest addition <3 i especially love miska Smile
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Alabama   Hello from North Alabama EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Beautiful pups. Miska looks like a little fluffball!
Back to top Go down
proudsoonersfan
Newborn
Newborn
proudsoonersfan

Male Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Alabama   Hello from North Alabama EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 pm

MGoBlue wrote:
Beautiful pups. Miska looks like a little fluffball!

Little fluffball...more like little handful. She's a ball of energy! OMG I've never seen a puppy with her enthusiasm. I just got her home from a follow-up visit at the vet and he said that he thinks she might be low content wolf. She had to go to the emergency vet the other night because she swallowed some thumb tacks and they had to surgically remove them so keeping her calm the next 2 weeks is a REAL challenge. Everybody has asked "how did you know she swallowed thumb tacks"? Well, I bought stupid Magic Mesh (the screen with the magnets in it to put up on our back door) and it came with tacks with long shafts to help secure it. Miska grabbed the mesh and pulled 2 of them out and we searched and searched and could not find them...the x-ray revealed them in her stomach so it's a good thing we acted fast before they moved in to her colon! It was a hard lesson to learn...$1600 later! Anyway, she's doing really well now and in about a week the stitches can come out. I felt so bad and irresponsible...I'll always be checking around for things for her to swallow now!

By the way MGoBlue, yours is beautiful. I love that red color!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Alabama   Hello from North Alabama Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Alabama

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1