It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! Empty
PostSubject: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Hey all! Please forgive me if there is already an existing group in the south Jersey/ Philadelphia region. I'm looking to get my husky mix, Maya, together for a playdate with other huskies! I'd like to arrange a meet-up- please reply or send a PM if you are located in this area and are interested in participating in a meet-up! There are plenty of great dog parks in both Philly and NJ!

Last edited by GalacticPup on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm actually about an hour and a half/two hours north of Philly but at this time I can't participate in any meetups as I have family obligations (rehab for my father who just had a lung transplant) and things mostly like will not settle down until after New Years. But I would be definitely be interested if time permits for me!

I've looked around for Meetups (around me) and the only one I found was a Husky meet up in North Jersey not any close to me or down south but I haven't looked in awhile so maybe one popped up!

New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your father, and will certainly keep your family in my thoughts for a quick recovery!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank you Smile He's doing well! Only have about 3 weeks left of rehab but we go three times a week so my time is severely limited! Sad

After everything cools off though I'd definitely be up for a meet up - poor bella could use some good running around time.

Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Ceara, I'm glad to hear he is going well and that rehab is almost finished! Keep me posted when things cool off, and we should certainly organize a meet-up! I bet Bella and Maya would love to play together!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh I'm sure they'd love to play together!!! I definitely will keep you updated Smile!

Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:29 am

Anyone else from this region? Smile
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 am

me and my friend (who also just joined) live in central nj. Smile
Back to top Go down
Whosker
Newborn
Newborn
Whosker

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 am

Thats 4 extra huskies in one meet up Wink I'm the friend by the way of the post above^ & I could probably gather a couple more, I have another good friend with 2 huskies as well.
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Jessica and Korine - I'm so excited that you two are from central NJ! What towns do you live in? (If you feel comfortable sharing, that is.) I currently live in Riverton, which is near Cherry Hill and Moorestown. It's 5 minutes over the Tacony Palmyra Bridge from Philadelphia. I have a friend who lives in west Philly who has a red husky named Diesel... so this is looking like we might be able to set up a nice size playdate group! I would love to plan for one this month if possible, and then one for after the holidays so Ceara and Bella could join in on the fun! Do either of you have any suggestions as to a good place to go? We could do a dog park, or opt for a hike somewhere. Preferably somewhere with nice scenery so we can enjoy this fall weather before it becomes too wintery, haha! I'll look into some places in the central NJ area.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:38 am

Korine lives in Jackson and I live in Freehold. The best place I can think of near us is Turkey Swamp park. It's a pretty nice place. However, we could drive out farther to you so you don't have such a long drive lol.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:10 am

Aww :3 Thanks for thinking of us!!! It means the world to me <3

I'm hoping -HOPING- by February at the latest to have more free time and to be able to meet up!

Back to top Go down
Nira Sky
Puppy
Puppy
Nira Sky

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 pm

You guys should consider comin up to around albany area. That way upstate ny can join in on some fun too. The more the merrier
Back to top Go down
KaiTheDog
Newborn
Newborn
KaiTheDog

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 am

I'm also in central Jersey, New Brunswick area.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:50 pm

soooo

me: yuki & zizzy
korine: juneau & stark
becca: maya
and kai the newborn dog

thats 6 of us already.

plus ceara and bella one day lol.

and korys friend could bring his two if the meetup is within a reasonable distance to him.

or kory maybe we could just steal kiya. Wink

Lol thinking out loud. Im really excited to do this.
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm

I live in the philadelphia area, and would love to meet up with Thor if all are still interested!

@NiraSky - my boyfriend just left albany to move down here - we still know a bunch of people up there (i went to school there for 4 years, and he did for 10) so if we head up that way, then we may try and arrange something.
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Well... I am revisiting this thread after what has been a few months now since the initial post. I apologize to all--- Life tends to just.. take over sometimes. We all get caught amidst our daily life, busy schedules, work, school, family, etc. BUT. The holidays are over, I've settled in nicely at my new job, and I am still trying to arrange a husky meet-up if everyone is still interested!! After browsing through the posts, it looks like those interested included:

-Ceara & Bella (Easton, PA)
-Jessica, Yuki, and Zizzy (Freehold, NJ)
-Korine, Juneau, and Stark (Jackson, NJ)
-Jason & Nira (upstate NY... Albany area?)
-Kai & his owner (New Brunswick, NJ)
-Christine & Thor (Philadelphia, PA area)
-and myself & Maya (south NJ, Philadelphia area)

So it seems a good meeting spot would probably be in central NJ, considering that is where most of you are located (well, Jessica, Korine, and Kai's owner) Do one of you guys know of a good spot in your vicinity?

Also--- if it is easier and more convenient for planning purposes to talk via phone or text message, please do not hesitate to get ahold of me!! Just PM me for my phone number.

We could do a dog park, or find a nice place to go on a hike...

About a month ago, I took Maya hiking up at Glen Onoko Falls, out in Jim Thorpe, PA. I'd be happy to do that one again if people are willing to make the drive out there. It's about an hour and 45 minutes from Philadelphia. It is, however, a bit strenuous and steep and rocky, which can be dangerous for both people and dogs during the snowy/ icy winter conditions. So perhaps we could find an easier hike, something more... flat? LOL. If you guys show an interest in doing a hike, I know of several other really neat, beautiful places we could go check out..

Let me know what you all think!!

Once we pick a spot to go, we can talk about our schedules and try to find a date where we are all able to make it out!

Let's do this!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Yay! I have about three weeks before the puppy gets here - and I won't be able to do much for awhile.

I know there is a dog park in Perkepsie (sp?) which is closer to Philly. I went there when I went to look at a Siberian we were trying to adopt.

Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Hmm. Do you mean Perkasie? I'm not familiar with that town but after doing a google search, the closest thing I could find was "Perkasie" PA, which is about 30 miles north of Philadelphia. The dog park looks nice, large, and well kept... they even have their own website!

http://www.perkasiedog.org/

It's just slightly over an hour drive for me (I'm totally fine to take a ride out there).
-50 minutes from Easton, PA
-1.5 hours from Jackson, New Brunswick, and Freehold NJ
-1 hour exactly from center city Philadelphia.

I personally have no problem driving an hour out, but 1.5 hours might be a bit much for our friends in central NJ. I'm going to see if there is something that would be a little closer for all of us. I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow with some more possibilities, after I do a little research Smile

...EDIT: I'm thinking somewhere in Bucks County PA might be good. Maybe Lambertville or New Hope area? Just trying to come up with some ideas for places that aren't too far out of the way for anyone. I personally have no problem driving up to an hour for a dog park, and even more (up to 2.5 hours) for a nice hiking spot. Just thinking out loud right now...

EDIT again, lol: Grove Park Dog Run, in Abington PA looks nice...

-1 hour 15 minutes from Easton (looks like a straight ride down 611 S)
-1 hour 5 minutes from Central NJ
-30 minutes from Philadelphia
-45 minutes from south NJ

I'm going to keep looking. Perkasie looks better so far, in my opinion. It's close to Lake Nockamixon too...

Last edited by GalacticPup on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Oh yea!! And CONGRATS Ceara on the soon-to-be new family member!! I am so thrilled for you! I bet Bella is going to love being a big sister!)
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah - meant Perkasie. lol Pretty sad I don't even know the name of the town I went to!

And that's the cutest little edit comment!! Thank you so much Very Happy!!!

Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Quote :
Yeah - meant Perkasie. lol Pretty sad I don't even know the name of the town I went to!

Hehe, it happens to the best of us!!

Well, like I said I will keep looking, but it seems like Perkasie is a good middle ground for all of us. Let's see what others think!
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:25 am

Me and blu are in south jersey (cape may) if you guys happen to have something set up in the future in that area i know he'd absolutely love to meet some other huskies. Unfortunetly i cant drive (prone to seziures) so anything too far away i can't make, but would happily join in on the fun in the southern area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!   New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Jersey/ Philadelphia area huskies - UPDATED 2/4/13 !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1