It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mix Breed Foster Puppies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! Empty
PostSubject: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

So I call my mom yesterday evening and learn that she has 5 5-6week old mix breed puppies. She was helping out with some shelter dog transfers that day. She told the lady who was picking up the dogs from the shelter, "don't go getting another litter of puppies!" lol. Well the lady goes to the shelter and sees this litter who was dropped off that day, but doesn't pick them up. The shelter is out in the middle of no where and you can't even get cell phone signal there. It's a small shelter who unfortunately does not have a volunteer or foster program, so they do not keep puppies and kittens who are too young to be adopted out. They also don't even have a room to put the animals down! They take them out back and do it on the back of a truck. Makes me really thankful for the shelter I volunteer and foster for.

So the lady drives far enough away from the shelter to get signal and calls my mom who tells her to just get the puppies. lol. She drives back and the cage with the puppies in it is sitting on the back on the PTS truck! Thankfully she got there in time and now the puppies are with me, cause I was crazy and told my mom I'd foster them. Not my brightest idea! lol.

The girls think the puppies are pretty neat. Siku looks like she's going to be a great nanny while Elara is more concerned that there might be left over food in their puppy pen. Oh well. I'll try to get pictures soon. There's two black ones that have rottie coloring, two brown/red ones with black on their faces, and one white and brown one that doesn't fit in at all! lol. I'm thinking that one might have been from a different dad, but who knows. All are girls except for the big black one.

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 pm

These guys have WAY too much energy for tiny puppies! And they can SCREAM for attention! Oh the joys of puppies! lol

Boy- Ike
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! IMG_0940

The rest are girls.
Lena
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! IMG_0938

Cali
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! IMG_0943

Sadie
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! IMG_0945

Emma
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! IMG_0946

Last edited by SaraB on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Any guesses on breed?

The white one's face is a little swollen for some reason. We're keeping an eye on it. Mainly the left side of her face.

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Maybe some sort of shepherd mix?
They are so cute!!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:50 pm

LoL.... These are all from the same Dam Razz?

Terribly cute just so different....

The blacks look like Rotties to me.... Gold on the paws, Chest, and a bit of the face.... Wide Snout... Yeah I would say those are Rotties.

The Piebald looks like a Jack Russell, but I think that is just because of it's current Size and coloring...

And Goldens Look like Lab mixes... But something about how stout they are and their snouts just isn't very Lab like....

I definitely see a lot of Rottweiler in them.

Heinz 57 all the way on these ones Razz

~Chris~

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Omg Sara you have a huge heart to take those pups in!
They are so cute!!

I agree with the Rottie mix, but the others? LOL what a bizarre variety!

Good luck with them!
Kel
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I'd say the only thing we can be almost certain about is the rottie mix in them... Even the B&W one has some tan markings over her eyes.

I want to say they're mixed with some sort of lab, but the B&W one is throwing me off that...

Kudos to you for taking in these pups - hope they can all find good homes soon Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Aw they are so cute.

You have such a big heart.

I have no idea what the breed could be.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:42 pm

So cute! They look like a handful! I agree - I see rottie too. I can't really guess the rest though lol so different! Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I am leaning more towards Sheppherd mixes. I was looking into Sheppherd pups for awhile for my mom so I have seen a lot of pups. The only one that throws me off is the middle one. Hahah. But the first two and last two remind me of Sheppherd mixes but that's just me.

Last edited by anastasiya'smom on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Sara, do you know what the mother was? Or did they not provide that information?
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Gosh darn that middle one for throwing it all off!

I'd rule out Lab. Their snouts don't look up to par with the many labs I've seen but they're still young so I could be wrong. Once they're a little older I'll have a better idea. Also, all the labs/lab mixes I've ever seen take the almond shaped eyes of labs. From these pictures, they look a little more round.

I want to say Rottie as well. Rottie mixes can vary from their traditional coloring. I think with their mixes, it shows more in personality. I want to say Shepherd but that middle one! GRRR! They're definitely all from the same parents?? I'm trying to think of something a little bigger than a JTR with those kind of markings, though the face doesn't look JTR to me personally. I've only seen grown JTRs though.

One thing I know for sure, they're a cute bunch of mutts and I'd so take the boy if I could!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 am

She didn't get any info on the dam or sire that I know of.

Here's a puppy we fostered a few years ago:
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 44594_120514018000599_7362196_n

And here's him all grown up:
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! Maydaygrownup

I'm thinking rottie/GSD for the 4 and rottie/pitbull for the one female. But who knows until they get older!

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 am

I was thinking Shepherd/Terrier for quite a few of them, but yeah it'll be easier when they're older..
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:32 am

This pup that is now grown up is definitely Rottie. But not those pups, they don't look Rottie to me. I agree with Jennet maybe they are Shepherd and terrier
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 am

Photo shot this morning! These puppies like to wake me up at 6:30am everyday! Smile What fun! lol.

Siku digging her puppy trap in the background.
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 546857_10100304047373672_124160259_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 3694_10100304047408602_922459708_n

Caught one!
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 534061_10100304047443532_1676468275_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 550698_10100304047548322_1358569687_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 222498_10100304047593232_77016387_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 430611_10100304047638142_759167822_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 535507_10100304047877662_1875895104_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 542687_10100304047972472_1925338495_n

Puppies in the puppy trap!
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 189650_10100304048296822_1902540301_n

Love this photo
Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 533808_10100304048316782_771222277_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 553833_10100304048441532_180848807_n

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 am

AWW! I just melted! I love you

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 am

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 535538_10100304048526362_518905668_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 536655_10100304048696022_532986170_n

Mix Breed Foster Puppies! 561637_10100304048985442_521433593_n

And you can see all of the pictures here if you want: https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10100302618961222.2341844.25105152&type=1

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am

oh my gosh they are SO CUTE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:41 am

OMG they are way too cute.. Looks like your girls are having fun with then. It also looks like they want to keep them lol!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Oh my they are the cutest little things! I say keep them;)
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:10 pm

anastasiya'smom wrote:
Oh my they are the cutest little things! I say keep them;)

Heck no! lol

No, we won't be keeping any. We're good with our two. Smile

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm

They are so cute!!! I hope they all find good homes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 pm

I think Siku and Elara can make great nannies..
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am

When it rains it pours! Just got back home from helping my mom with ANOTHER litter! These look more like lab/aussie mixes, only about 4 weeks old, and there are 8 of them! I would love to take them too, but I don't think I can handle 13 puppies running around! Plus mine just came down with coccidia. Sad So very messy here right now.

Oh a side note, I'm starting to crate train the puppies, since it was requiring way too many puppy pads in their x-pen. Now they all have their own crate and we're going to let them out every 3 to 4 hours. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be sure to post pics of my mom's litter when I get photos of them. They are pretty darn cute!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mix Breed Foster Puppies!   Mix Breed Foster Puppies! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mix Breed Foster Puppies!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next