It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Really need a husky rescue in OK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

Really need a husky rescue in OK Empty
PostSubject: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm

It's raining huskies in the shelters here and the only rescue that will take them is past full. She's had some of her sleds for almost a year now....Damn all the breeding and the idiots that think they need a puppy just to throw them away. Evil or Very Mad

Current pups that will most likely die.

OKC Shelter #A127875
Really need a husky rescue in OK 318816_486525868054680_1052604174_n

Elk City, OK has 3 (here's 2 of them)

3 yo male
Really need a husky rescue in OK 536451_486524191388181_99702368_n

11 month old female
Really need a husky rescue in OK 393985_486523321388268_1725083903_n

Stillwater, OK HW+ Male
Really need a husky rescue in OK 304492_485794698127797_646284135_n

And this rehome needed for a Mal in Tulsa, OK
Really need a husky rescue in OK 22715_486525571388043_265783544_n

Still trying to save this boy in Elgin, OK (another thread)
Really need a husky rescue in OK 544900_484839161556684_1296261768_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Wow this crazy that there at that many. It is also sad to think that most wll be put down.

That 11month old female looks a whole lot like Kerian. I really wish I could save them all..

Where is the Malamute in Tulsa at??
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

ljelgin wrote:
Where is the Malamute in Tulsa at??

No address. Dana, the lady that runs the rescue I mentioned above got the request. She might have the contact info, petangelsrescueokc@yahoo.com.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

The OKC Shelter boy was adopted!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Yay good news...
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm

They just keep coming....

Urgent - Enid, OK Male
Really need a husky rescue in OK 63131_378869695527674_640853547_n
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Gosh - this just makes me sick. I keep seeing people all over facebook groups wanting to breed their damn dogs...One even told em that there are no huskies in pounds near her! Just sad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Elk City female adopted!!!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Yea I am glad she has a new home

It also prevents me from asking John another rescue.. lol! I like the fact that she looked alot like Kerian.

Keep us updated as they find home hopefuilly.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Yay! Keep us updated please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
They just keep coming....

Urgent - Enid, OK Male
Really need a husky rescue in OK 63131_378869695527674_640853547_n
This guy is beautiful! Sad I wish I could adopt him
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 am

Yet another one.

Edmond,OK Shelter Husky. Neutered. 3 y/o. Beautiful blue eyes! Very
large for a husky! May have some Mal?
Really need a husky rescue in OK 249331_486676901372910_904685285_n
Back to top Go down
amyd892
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 am

Ugh I wish they were a bit closer to me! We are looking for a husky right now but no one wants to do long distance adoptions and it seems if you live in Massachusetts no one gives up a husky. Not saying its a bad thing but it sure makes adopting one hard.
Back to top Go down
LilMissMuchness
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Wow... My friend's mom would have a field day. She has 3 pure husky dogs and a couple other dogs. A total of 6 dogs in the household as of now according to my friend. They live in Del City. I'm looking for a husky dog but I'll wait until a) i have moneys and b) my mixed dog doesn't go loco on them.

Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

Some people don't realize that a puppy is for life, not just until you don't want it anymore.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really need a husky rescue in OK   Really need a husky rescue in OK Empty

Back to top Go down

Really need a husky rescue in OK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1