It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky "Teenage Phase"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm

LMAO Ellen I can honestly say 2 looks like a walk in the park compared to a 4 yr old lol.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Well my mom has worked at a daycare for over 11 years. Trust me I seen it all and I know where your coming from. I know more about kids than probably some parents do.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 pm

I don't know kids, don't want kids, and won't have kids unless they have fur. Dogs are my kids XD
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Hahahah. Megan some of them aren't that bad. But that is probably a wise choice.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:31 pm

I have a 4 year old little girl, I love her to death but 9 out of 10 times she is worse then the husky puppy Shocked again a "Phase".....
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Lola will be 11 months next week and she has been showing her true teenage colors the past couple days. She jumped into our bed right on top of Jim's head this morning at 4am. I get up for work at 4:15am so not a big deal for me. Spooked him! It's been cool and windy which adds to the hype. She went to daycare for a 1/2 day today so she's napping now. We'll take a good long walk tonight and train as we go. Part of what makes it tough is even when she is "naughty" she's stinking cute! At least she doesn't ask to borrow the car and bring it back without gas!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

This phase has to be the best birth control, I say if i can barely handle Lucy their is no way I could handle a human child. LOL

Libby was never this bad...I guess I got lucky with her. Even Libby is getting annoyed with the nonstop psychoness of Lucy. bounce

The worst has to be when I first get home or awake in the morning. Trying to get her to sit and be greeted. Total challenge. She thinks that if I jump around like a nutbag you wont forget I'm here.

Could you imagine if we greeted our guests that way. LOL OMG I cant believe your here while jumping up and down. Makes me laugh thinking about it. lol!

Good Luck to everyone, at least we all know we arent alone.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Iv heard some people got very Mild teenage phases while others almost lost it lmao. Hoping I get a mild case of it lol.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I had a very mild phase. The most Bella did was eat my walls in a couple places pretty bad and chew up some paper. Was such an easy time. I'd repeat this for any future puppies I have.

Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:13 am

My girl Maya is approaching 7 months old and is relatively calm for her age Shocked Although she is a mix... half husky, quarter chow chow, and quarter australian shepherd. She does go into "zoomie" mode sometimes though, where she decides to zip around at lightening speed, running up and nipping in the butt or grabbing onto a pant leg. Eep. Usually a long walk or some ball toss at the dog park keeps her in line though!
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Nikko has always been a handful so I am not quite sure if he is going through his “teenage” years….boy I hope it doesn’t get worse LOL. He’s only about 11 months so I hope he calms down soon

For the most part he is a pretty good boy, but when people come over or he sees other people he acts like a total crazy dog for the first few minutes! Although yesterday he did chew up my $250 universal remote control! Other than that, he has not been *too destructive.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 pm

So I was going threw some of the topics and found this one! I want to know how did everyone do during there "teenage" years? Looks like everyone should be done with this phase. Any more advise you can give me? I know mine is still small and young but the more I am prepared the happier I and Micole will be lol
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 am

Tbh Thane is turning 1 tomorrow and I still haven't seen a teenage phase :/ . We did go through the terrible two's where he bit the door frame but that's about it. Should I expect it to come or am I pass that time? Now that he is pretty much one we started pulling and we run through the forest near my house for fun. I leave him at home unattended while I work and nothing is broken or chewed. Is he a grown up now D:?
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 pm

I didn't realize what a little angel Koopa has been until I read this! Haha. He turns one April 4th and he hasn't chewed up anything except the carpet in a spare bedroom. And that was because he pushed the tray out of his kennel & the carpet poked through the bottom... So he ate a perfect square out of the carpet. Lol. But he hasn't destroyed any furniture or even shoes! Hope he isn't about to change! Haha
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Mine hit the "teenage phase" this past weekend at 8 months and has destroyed a video camera, a box of tissues, ate half of the mortgage bill, got into the living room trash can for snotty tissue several times, and just last night while I was making dinner he ate 2 on my new comic books (both were X-men titles, guess he doesn't like them)
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Sheba has definitely started her teen phase. She gets these random bursts of energy and just goes nuts. She will run her zoomie laps in the house; which consists of parcoring off the cuddler chair, sprinting into the bedroom, leaping on to the bed, doing a super fast circle, and starting all over again. Now she has started to drag stuff off of my bed when she is doing her circle to run into the living room. She will grab pillows and haul ass into the living room with them, make sure I see her with them, and then she dances into my bedroom to try and rip them apart. It's super funny and super cute, but still.

Other then that she hasn't done any major damage...yet.

Oh and she has gotten a lot more vocal out in public now. When we are walking and she wants to go a certain direction and we don't go, she lets me know how displeased she is. If she sees someone she wants to say hi to and I tell her "on by", she listens but boy does she raise hell about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:54 pm

[/quote]Oh and she has gotten a lot more vocal out in public now. When we are walking and she wants to go a certain direction and we don't go, she lets me know how displeased she is. If she sees someone she wants to say hi to and I tell her "on by", she listens but boy does she raise hell about it.[/quote]

GREAT! Mine already does that now! I just got her to stop telling me that I need to feed her. When I am already preparing her food.
Back to top Go down
scott.valentino.9
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah Nikita when I got her was 2 ans 1/2 she does the laps and jumps on furniture which I find cool and cute and wife does not like...lol but thats pretty much it for us she does get mouthy at times but mainly when she wants to go somewhere and we are not ready
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:52 am

amychuke wrote:

GREAT! Mine already does that now! I just got her to stop telling me that I need to feed her. When I am already preparing her food.

Haha oh she talks to me at home all the time. She usually isn't very vocal in public though; does the usual whine when we pass a dog outside or whatever...but she does nuts now. I'm sure people think I am beating her or something. She gets a correction for pulling, and she throws a tantrum. She starts to pull me to go to the park.. I tell her no...she throws a tantrum. Pretty ridiculous actually!

I have also noticed her energy level going up too. It's not everyday, but some days she needs 4 or 5 walks instead of the usual three. I hope she doesn't get much worse, but I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
amychuke wrote:

Haha oh she talks to me at home all the time. She usually isn't very vocal in public though; does the usual whine when we pass a dog outside or whatever...but she does nuts now. I'm sure people think I am beating her or something. She gets a correction for pulling, and she throws a tantrum. She starts to pull me to go to the park.. I tell her no...she throws a tantrum. Pretty ridiculous actually!

I have also noticed her energy level going up too. It's not everyday, but some days she needs 4 or 5 walks instead of the usual three. I hope she doesn't get much worse, but I highly doubt it.

Bahahaha, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky "Teenage Phase"   Husky "Teenage Phase" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky "Teenage Phase"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2