It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I just got a new catalog and noticed that their prices for Heartguard plus are about $30 cheaper then my vet, and they guarantee it too, they will pay $1,500.00 to get rid of heartworms should your dog get them while on the meds, if you buy from your vet it's guaranteed too. But my vet wants 109.00 and Fosters and Smith is 75 for a 12 month pack? Just curious if anyone gets it from the catalog, they are in the US.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm

I haven't done drs. foster and smith but I have done allvetmed. My vet told me to go online and order callie's treatment for mange from one of the online pet pharmacies and I trust him enough to have mentioned to avoid ones he knows are spam sites. I think I almost bought from Drs Foster and Smith because the ad was in my meet the boxer magazine but it turned out to be cheaper on allvetmed. I think it'd be a safe bet because I'm assuming it has to be legitimate for magazines to advertise it. I know magazines can just be in it for the money but if they're just posting bs ads, then it would end up negatively affecting them.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 pm

I get their catalog too and considered purchasing heartworm meds through them, but my Vet charges the same amount for it so I just went through my vet. If it was cheaper I would definitely use them tho! I have read good reviews for them.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Costco also offers the heartguard at a good price, my vet does not like online stores as you don't know how they are storing the meds and if they are short date packs (expiring soon) my vet price matches costco for me so i just get them from her. when i had our ferrets i used to order from Drs Foster and Smith all the time with out issues.

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Petfooddirect.com has heartgard plus too. I got mine with a new shopper discount- 6 doses for $29.xx. Free shipping, too!

I think I'm going to order from allvetmed.com though. $58 for 12 doses! Not bad!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Well my vet says that they don't guarantee, but Fosters and Smith does so why not save money, the vet didn't offer to price match so I asked for prescriptions, have to pick them up later though because the vet was in surgery today when I was there. I mean I will save almost 40 on the labs, and about 30 on Balons!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I get Kale and Violet's Heartguard from my vets online store. I think it's put up by VetStreet. Drs Foster and Smith is reputable. I'd do it to save money lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I order my heartworm meds and some other supplies from them. I've been happy with their customer service too. I usually do in-store pick up to save on shipping, but I'm pretty sure they only have a store in Wisconsin. Now that I live in Illinois, I've had stuff shipped once, and it arrived with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

I've been ordering from Drs Foster & Smith for years and swear by them! It's so much cheaper than anywhere I've found. It's more convenient getting it from the vet, but if you can wait I'd totally go with F&S! I believe shipping is free and only takes a couple days. Their food is decent too, I gave that to my dogs for years until I switched to Taste of the Wild. I've never had a bad experience with them.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I used to order from them - really affordable.

But, I give Ivomec now and its on;y 40 for about a 2 - 3 year supply
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 pm

great thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???   Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone order Heartguard Plus through Drs Foster and Smith???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-