It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

Female Join date : 2011-09-28

My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge Empty
PostSubject: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

It is with such a heavy heart I have finally mustered up the courage to post that my little, sweet Angel ShiyaAnne has past on on July 10th, 2012. She was started having seizures right after she turned 2. For nearly 2 yrs we fought a good and heartbreaking fight. She suffered Necrotizing Pancreatitis in her final days and was thought to have had a intestinal blockage and had emergency surgery July 9th. They found a Mast Cell Tumor that had taken over her Spleen, Pancreas and small intestines. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad She made it through the night but was no passing anything through her stomach. Bile was coming up her throat and out of her nose. Throughout our painful journey she was a fighter from day one! When my daughter and I arrived the morning after surgery she hadnt utter a peep the vet said. She cried to us, in pain and knowing she wasnt going to survive I made the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. Set her free, give her a new life North of Rainbow Bridge where the Huskies wait for their loved one's. It has been sheer H*** these last 9 wks. The grief I can only say comes close to losing my own mother. My grandkids are devastated and I am a wreck! I have accepted she runs seizure and pain free but the loss is tremendous. I had taken her to 6 different vets on less then 2 yrs. Not one of them were able to detect this growth that consumed her body, stole her life away and reading articles on Spleen disorders I find in bold letters SEIZURES as a symptom of issues with the spleen. So sad to look back as I never gave up on her and was diligent in her care. I cook homemade food for her and her treats. She was doted upon by my entire family. I believe the care we gave her extended her life just a little bit more. She is an Angel, wearing her silver harness with Husky pride, dancing in the moonlight whole and renewed, she waits for me. [img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:48 am

omg I am so sorry for you're loss. I'm reading this is tears! Shiya is in a better place and for sure waiting for you. She is a beautiful girl and now an even more beautiful Husky Angel. Bless her and you.
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 am

Oh my this brings tears to my eyes. I am sitting at my desk crying. I know how you feel its like losing a part of yourself. I have been thru it. Shiya is free of pain now remember that. God Bless you for giving her the best care you could.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing Shiya is now free from pain and will be waiting to see you again one day.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 pm

I am so sorry for you loss.. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes..

Just think of it this way dogs live short lives because they learn to be happy early in life us humans take along time to learn to be happy.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Im so sorry for your whole families loss, you did everything you could for her, and she im sure was very grateful for it. she will be waiting for you when the time comes.

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm so so sorry for you but grateful that you could provide such great care and love for her. You did everything possible that you could and I'm sure she knew it. *hugs* We're here for you anytime.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

So sorry to hear about your lost.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never an easy decision and i feel sometimes we hang on too long for our own sake.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad My condolences.

Beautiful Husky, Beautiful video, Beautiful Soul.

~Chris~

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Sad This has me in tears at my desk. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

Female Join date : 2011-09-28

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Thank all of you all the heart warming thought from all over the country. She was my soul without her I feel so lost some days. I know she is in a better place my heart just still sinks when I thing about her. I will share the poem I wrote as a tribute to her about a wk after I had to let her go.

~In loving memory of ShiyaAnne Broga from her HuMomma~

I walk alone now,
Your grace and beauty just a memory.
Your spirit resides within my broken heart.
You left us too soon, but I knew the time had come
To set you free from pain.
You were my pride, my joy and my strength.
You showed me life and love unconditional
I returned tenfold.
You were one of a kind, a rare and precious find.
My soul aches with every breath I take.
But I know that you await North of Rainbow Bridge
When it becomes time our souls to reunite.

~RIP Shiya, Sissy Dec 25th 2008 to July 10th 2012~
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Shiya's momma wrote:

~In loving memory of ShiyaAnne Broga from her HuMomma~

I walk alone now,
Your grace and beauty just a memory.
Your spirit resides within my broken heart.
You left us too soon, but I knew the time had come
To set you free from pain.
You were my pride, my joy and my strength.
You showed me life and love unconditional
I returned tenfold.
You were one of a kind, a rare and precious find.
My soul aches with every breath I take.
But I know that you await North of Rainbow Bridge
When it becomes time our souls to reunite.

~RIP Shiya, Sissy Dec 25th 2008 to July 10th 2012~

Beautiful tribute! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:10 pm

More Sad

Very beautiful Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:26 pm

So very sad, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm

RIP Shiya. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad

RIP Shiya
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:27 pm

This brings tears to my eyes too. You made the best decison and may peace be with you.

RIP Shiya.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in knowing you did the very best you could for her and that she's not suffering any longer.
Back to top Go down
ToccoasMom
Puppy
Puppy
ToccoasMom

Female Join date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Hugs to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first dog 2 years ago at the age of 13 and I'll never be the same. Just take some peace that you'll see her again.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:49 pm

So sorry ::-(

Although it hurts like hell you made the right decision, she is free now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge   My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge Empty

Back to top Go down

My Shiya is waiting for me North of Rainbow Bridge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1