It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:32 am

Generally Murphy is pretty good, but every once in a while she gets a bug up her butt. She has torn the door off her kennel (we now lock it with carabiners), we can now touch the floor through the couch, she ate my friend's motorcycle helmet and my riding helmet, and has torn apart the skirting to get under the trailer.

Oh, and we used to have decent tupperware...
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:42 am

Nanook has never chewed anything. He once picked up a shoe and gently carried it around until I saw and told him no. He's never picked one up again.
Luci has chewed small holes in the carpet and the linoleum floor in the kitchen. This was right in front of me, since we never leave her loose in the house. No amount of telling her no or redirecting with appropriate toys corrects it. The only thing that deters her is bitter apple.
Back to top Go down
clozereYeka
Newborn
Newborn
clozereYeka

Male Join date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:14 am

My macbook charger and headphones Sad

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 Mac10[b][url][/url]
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:15 am

The most expensive?......well its not completely destroyed but Bella and Jasper have chewed the porch, they destroyed two garden hoses, they chewed an extra long extension cord in have outside, bella tears apart the washcloths when she finds them, supposedly they chewed on my brothers car but i dont think it was them it didnt happen til my brothers dog came back to our house so i say it was that dog not my two, then of course a few pairs of socks(mine and my nephews) my nephews winter jacket i still dont know how they got it, and my brothers shoes because he doesnt understand the meaning of put your things in your room the new doggs are either puppies still or chewers! But my worst was actually from my old dog, nova decided she had to go under a desk she had never gone under got tangled in the cord to the laptop i had just bought and yanked it off the desk, it has been used as a desktop since it wont hold a charge at all and the plug unit is actually still busted. She was sooooo lucky i loved her! She also zapped herself as a pup snipping my grandmothers living room phone cord in half.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:23 am

We have a running list at my house but the most expensive so far has been my video camera (not totally destroyed . It works but doesn't look pretty) and my eye glasses. Other items include : a PS3 controller, a bluetooth headset for gaming, 3 comic books, 2 boxes of Kleenex, several bills (including the mortgage one month) , a phone charger, several ends of shoe laces, and 1 pair of flip flops.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:23 am

Hmm, there was my laptop charger (not the most expensive lol), my dining room chair (I stopped her before it got too bad), my hubby's PS3 remote cord for his laptop, and the most recent would be a tuperware container. She loves to chew on plastic and we let her have plastic bottles all the time. Apparently that made her think the containers were fair game, which they aren't. Ah well, those aren't expensive either lol.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Um the one thing she is really obsessed with chewing up is my phone, no one else's just mine, she already killed the lcd on one and almost got my new one like a week after the she killed the first one, so I'm much more aware of where my phone is now.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm

So far Micole has gotten my bf brand new dress shoes (they were like 2 hours old and he had a interview the next morning) toothpaste, a $20 bill and my flower garden .... she loves to eat plants.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:58 pm

OKay most expensive was Butkis he destroyed a six panel door he clawed his way out of the bathroom via the door. The seatbelt of my Taurus. He ate all eight wood knewls (sp) off the couch. Tons of screens.
He destroyed the wall in the garage so that he could come into the house. Dry wall, studs all!

Beka ate a computer cord, 3 spots of the carpet, a pair of Docs, and all squeaky toys! No too bad.

Baylin just destroys toys. I have to have forgotten something cause that is just blessed.

Bourbon "teethed" the molding in the kitchen and the corner of the island, and tried to eat the carpet (we stopped those fast.) And he is king of finding old toys that are just beneath the soil forgotten. He unearthed and then ate through a rubber 6" ring that we bought and "lost" 8 years ago. He also eat the sticks, and plants that he can find. We had to move the houseplant higher cause he was grabbing and pulling leaves off to eat!

CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Colleen- Shaqua took out a bathroom door too, when I had first moved into a new place and I left her in the bathroom while I ran to the store to get her water since the water company said they couldn't come out until the next day.

I have actually lost two pairs of shoes in the last two days....not from Shaqua, but from the guy I'm seeing's Weimereiner. Ugh! He told me "Hey, let's go out to lunch"....and I had to point out I had no shoes, so no service...lol
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah the door got me! imagine my surprise when I saw that the bottom two panes were gone. He walked into the bathroom and accidently closed the door one himself when he had free range of a 4 bdrm condo. Goof! I got putty and fixed that right up I had not money to replace the door it was college. While i was in the store that is when he got the seatbelt. Never again did we leave to go to dinner "rightaway" again. We always stayed and played with him a bit after that!!!!

Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Sheba has destroyed a wide range of things. A digital camera, MULTIPLE items of clothes...and honestly the most expensive thing would be my boyfriend's and I's prom pictures Crying or Very sad . I was not impressed with that. DUMB DOG! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

When we first got King my husband left Koopa's box unlatched by accident and he was so upset that King was crying that he tried to "dig" him out of his box... We had a mat beneathyhim so that isnt expensive to replace. But once Koopa gave up on getting King out, he turned his attention to escaping from the bedroom. He tried to dig his way out of there, pulled back the carpet, and ate the foam benath the carpet. When we opened their door the next morning the carpet was folded back about 6 feet and the room was covered in shreds of carpet, foam and King's mat. Sad

King hasn't destroyed anything yet, but he keeps peeing on the couch What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 1625187496
Back to top Go down
heather.jane19
Puppy
Puppy
heather.jane19

Female Join date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:40 pm

WOW! I feel super lucky. Mila hasn't destroyed one single thing since we got her. Unless you want to count the cat ball with the bell on the end that she chewed the first night, but nobody really cares about that. And you know I actually find it pretty funny that she hasn't destroyed anything with us because she destroyed everything at her previous owner's. They gave me her crate but it had no pan in the bottom, I found out later, because apparently she chewed it into a million pieces. She ruined their blinds and chewed on everything the wife owned. They also said she removed the carpet in an entire room. They locked her in a bathroom and she got a string of the carpet from under the door in the bedroom and unraveled the whole thing. They walked in and the carpet was gone, literally. Funny how she's never exhibited any of that behavior with us.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Kodiak has destroyed several charger cables for mp3 players, 1 laptop power cord but luckily I was able to splice it back together, 1 hair dryer cord ( wife had to buy new hair dryer ), part of our couch front and back, almost chewed thru a leg for a TV dinner table, and parts of dresser legs. He has also destroyed the dinning room carpet and part of the family room carpet. He is a very busy pup. Shocked
Back to top Go down
MayaDog
Newborn
Newborn
MayaDog

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Maya has only ever chewed up paper/cardboard, so I am lucky as she has always been left free since she was about 4months old as she didnt get along with a crate after a month of working with it.. She did chew up and eat a half a box of hearguard in the process of getting some paper of the bookshelf once, but that's the worst she has done.
Back to top Go down
MyaAndI2013
Puppy
Puppy
MyaAndI2013

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:38 pm

After reading all of these responses, I feel very lucky that Mya hasn't chewed anything up but her own toys which is fine with me. I hope she doesn't start!
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:04 am

MyaAndI2013 wrote:
After reading all of these responses, I feel very lucky that Mya hasn't chewed anything up but her own toys which is fine with me. I hope she doesn't start!

I was just thinking what Bane has chewed up, and I can honestly say the same! He has his bones [that we recently discovered he hides], and his chew toys and he's been REALLY good about not chewing furniture, shoes, etc. Though, the other night our closet was left open and I found him hanging, from his teeth, from my dresses...*sigh* Luckily, they weren't damaged, he got a firm no and was picked up and placed out of the closet where it was then closed.
Back to top Go down
MyaAndI2013
Puppy
Puppy
MyaAndI2013

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:11 am

Bane wrote:
MyaAndI2013 wrote:

I was just thinking what Bane has chewed up, and I can honestly say the same! He has his bones [that we recently discovered he hides], and his chew toys and he's been REALLY good about not chewing furniture, shoes, etc. Though, the other night our closet was left open and I found him hanging, from his teeth, from my dresses...*sigh* Luckily, they weren't damaged, he got a firm no and was picked up and placed out of the closet where it was then closed.

Now that you say that, one of my dresses has a tie for the back of it that hangs down and Mya chewed a little bit of the fabric off of it but nothing that can't be fixed. She's never chewed shoes, cords, or furniture. I'm VERY grateful!!
Back to top Go down
redraidersrule
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

So far nothing big for us. They ate a little of the wall but not a full hole. They have eaten a small chunk out of a 4 year oak live oak. Hopefully they didn't kill it or else that will become the most expensive. So far they have broken a $20 lamp.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Ah, it's time to resurrect this thread since it was pointed to in another one.

Avalanche hasn't been too bad on the chewing routine; he's chewed up two pair of jeans - one of them was new, but since I live where I do they were cheap jeans.

Sasha's been really good about shewing up things she just like to chew up me!!

All in all, I've been really lucky in that mine aren't chewers ... and when they do feel like it they find one of the nylabones to chew on.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Loki ate j channel siding on house TWICE. We have left it for now. Cheap to fix but a few hours. He does not like being left outside and bites it pretty quick. I spray it with bitter apple.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:01 am

Since moving into our new house a plush shower mat, while in construction dry wall mud, sheet rock, staples, 2x4's, 2 blankets, 3 pillows, cushioned shop mat, and her beloved teddy(still can't say teddy, she goes looking for him, lol.)
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:56 am

All my Huskies have been very good about not chewing up things they shouldnt be...destruction is usually in the form of digging up landscaping, haha. Anuschka and her brother got into the refridgerator one day though, and made a feast of what they found but nothing could prepare me for the grossness of finding a whole brand new, unopened block of American cheese from Costco ( I think its like 5 lbs!!!), thrown up everywhere in the house...and I mean everywhere, even in closets where they tried to HIDE it, the smell was wicked. Anuschka's nose was raw from trying to hide it in the carpet (you could actually see the tracks from her digging in the carpet, then im assuming trying to bury it using her nose) You would think that after obviously feeling so sick, they would be passed out when I came home but nope, when I walked in the house, shocked by that wicked smell, then walking in the kitchen, I saw nothing but two husky butts sticking out of the refridgerator, looking for MORE.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:23 am

I totally forgot my bedroom door frame, that I picked out, put up and painted.............Why do they like wood so much? lol Twisted Evil Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next