It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:39 pm

She found the white cord that goes from the dish to the receiver. Ripped it off the wall (it was stapled to the wall by DirecTV) and tugged on it until it shook itself out from the roof and fell. She then chewed up the cord. She was a very VERY bad puppy. We were also only at Home Depot for maybe 45 minutes tops while this occurred.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 pm

200$ digital camera when she was a puppy... Still not replaced 2 1/2 years later haha.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:19 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Danzig's Mommy wrote:
Danzig's most expensive item was the couch. He tore a giant hole in the back and we haven't had the money to replace it. Luckily, you can't see it unless you're trying.

a comforter

Well when we replaced the leather couch Mya ate the side of the NEW couch. Guess what? It stayed like that! Still have it and it's visible. Whatever...lol.

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 C360_2012-08-29-13-53-26_org

We've gone through AT LEAST 5 comforters in the 2 years that we've had Kody. Going on another very soon! He already tore it up, but damn those things are expensive!

We plan to get a new one for Xmas but I'm worried he'll do it again just like Mya. We gave up on the whole "maybe he doesn't need his crate anymore" idea. And... we might be adopting another husky. So we'll see.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:37 pm

my new dress from Banana Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Kristina, I am so sorry but I have to laugh at your misfortune with this one - I was literally laughing out loud.

As for the leather couches - just duct tape them with black duct tape for now. At least you won't have a whole.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Note, never leave Thunder unattended, not even for 45 min, works well for us, my father is a retired corrections officer, so he is always home =-).
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:34 am

ok here's the pics pale

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Img_0714

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Img_0715

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Img_0716
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 am

Our first husky, Sandy, was always crated until one day when she was about two years old we decided that she was old enough and trustworthy enough to stay out for a couple hours while we went out one morning. WRONG!
We had just installed new carpet and had not even received the bill for it yet. Don't you know, she found a 10 cent Bic pen (in a lovely blue shade) and commenced to chewing it and running up and down the hallway with it and chewing it some more and then running and sliding... I know all of this because she left tracks and skid marks and huge spots of lovely blue ink everywhere she went.
So I guess she really only chewed up a 10 cent Bic pen...but it was quite expensive!

Sabaka chewed a sofa cushion that we replaced for $120ish. Oh, he also ripped our comforter by doing zoomies on the bed. Those are his biggies so far.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm

My father made the novice mistake of leaving a four month old Husky unattended and unrated for 2 hours while he went shopping, I told my dad "DO NOT LEAVE HIM ALONE" that I will come "Husky Sit" and well he did, needless to say he came home to urine and feces all over the floor as well as books torn up all over the place....Lucky for him he did not do any "Real" damage...I told him the breed is known for having severe separation anxiety.Did I mention he is ONLY FOUR MONTHS OLD lol.
Back to top Go down
beck_79
Newborn
Newborn
beck_79

Female Join date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Skadi chewed up my Android phone a few weeks ago. Sad
Back to top Go down
withlovejP
Puppy
Puppy
withlovejP

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Ruby's bit a hole in my wall!!! I'd call that expensive... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh I forgot Blaze ate the seat belt on the passager side of my car. I still have not replaced it the cost is about 400.00 because you really neat to get a new one for safety reasons.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Ran to the store. Wasn't gone for even an hour. Left Callie in her crate with her dinner. Came home and she had completely destroyed my Chanel purse. I guess I left it with the straps too close to her cage. Best part is, out of the dozen or so "name brand" purses I own, that was the only one that wasn't a knock off.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

The most expensive thing Anna has destroyed was her own dog crate. It didn't take her very long till she had a big enough hole to escape out of. We finally had to just duct tape a box top on the side of the crate until I was able to get a new crate, which happened to be the next day. We decided to buy a plastic crate this time and she seems to like it even more. It really sucked because the company I purchased it from didn't want to return my money and I can understand it was 3 months but she was only 6 months old at the time. Second I contacted the manufacturer and he acted like a complete child who told me he "didn't need customers like me" and when I told him I was calling his boss and wanted his name he proceeded to tell me Ellen Shire, funny thing that's my name guess he didn't grow up after high school. So not only did I have to buy a new crate I had to deal with ignorant, childish people. Not a good experience.

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Photo_41

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Photo_42

She also chewed my boyfriend's computer cord as well.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am

Dug at the footer under the deck, deck started to sink, $400 later deck was taken apart refooted and level again....

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm extremely lucky to have non-destroying huskies!

Ginger hasn't destroyed anything - she hasn't chewed, dug or scratched anything - not even in the slightest.

Storm has slightly chewed up a rented Blockbuster DVD - I supposed that was his way to say it wasn't a good movie Razz

That is IT!

Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Like Claudia, my husky doesn't destroy anything! He also doesn't dig or scratch.
The only things he's ever touched was when he was teething. He chewed up a backscratcher, a pen with a rubber grip (luckily ink didn't get all over) and one of my dad's rubber handled screwdrivers.
I'll count myself lucky after reading this thread and other stories!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm

This is funny. I just bought a new Texans hat for my coworker ($32 w/ shipping). He left it in the office while I was in class and I came back to her chewing on it! She ate the top cap thing off, and chewed up the sides and bill a little bit. (The one in the pic is his old one, not the new one!)

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Resampled_2012-10-11_13-43-48_919

Other then that, she's chewed up my boyfriend's credit card (lol) and his "P.O.D" CD.

None of these things were on my watch!
Back to top Go down
BeBopBandit
Newborn
Newborn
BeBopBandit

Male Join date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:05 pm

The most expensive thing would have been my NOOK charger, except that the guy at Barnes and Noble took pity on me and gave me a free replacement. Bandit has also ruined several pieces of clothing and chewed through 2 wires on my boyfriend's surround sound stereos. He's not a high-end type of dog lol; he'd rather eat trash, cat poop, and random pieces of wood that he finds in the yard.
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Wow, I wish Apple was as nice. My MacBook Pro's charger just randomly started tearing on it's own and they won't do anything but ring up a brand new (and $70) charger. It was under a year old when the problem started and I brought it in to them.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Anna recently ate my carpet in my apartment and my blinds, never leaving her out of her crate again.
What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Photo_10

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Photo_11
Back to top Go down
ChillyBeach
Teenager
Teenager
ChillyBeach

Male Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm

$600 dyson pet vacuum has been the worst. The floor brush still works but harry went to town on the hose, handle and all the accessories.

Hes also chewed a hole in the carpet, damaged 3 blinds, ripped the curtains off the wall, chewed two holes in the couch, eaten a broom, shredded a basket, destroyed a ceramic treat jar, killed two house plants, attacked his bed, eaten 3 laptop cables, tried playing playstation with 3 controllers and the camera, and chewed the nozzle on the carpet shampoo machine.

I think thats about everything hes gotten so far besides the sacrificial toys and blankets. Each time, he gets another week being kenneled during the day but he refuses to learn.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:34 pm

I am very luck, and not to jinx myself at all, But he has destroyed nothing. Cool
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Well it's not terribly expensive but kibas gotten a lot of my underwear and some socks. Thankfully she hasn't ingested any though. Just rendered them useless
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Mostly clothes. She as gotten 2 pairs of my sperrys and a couple polo shirts. She got my girlfriends shoes too and swallowed a piece of jewelry. We got the jewelry back eww will never be the same. Also I had to redo the to molding twice and the base board once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next