It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Crate Training Whine question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Crate Training Whine question Empty
PostSubject: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 pm

At night, how can you tell the difference between the puppy just whining for attention and needing to go potty? I don't want to think he has to go out and let him out and it turns out he was just whining for attention and now knows that will get him out of the crate!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Nunya's whine for potty is a lot more high pitched and desperate than his whining for attention, and it won't stop. Like he's literally screaming so loud you can hear it from the yard, where his whining for attention is just a soft whine.
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:52 pm

With my 8wk old pup I cant really tell so I just stick with the 2 hour rule and let him out. He usually goes everytime I take him out.
Back to top Go down
rachel.bontje
Newborn
Newborn
rachel.bontje

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:55 pm

I find with our girl the pitch of her whine is different when she has to go outside versus when we're ignoring her. When she has to go outside its quick high pitched little yelps whereas when she just wants attention its louder longer and generally more annoying
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Didd you get the pup yet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:46 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Didd you get the pup yet?

No! Not until July 20th. But I was just thinking about training and all that and was wondering about this.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:48 pm

darn. I was so excited.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:52 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
darn. I was so excited.

Oh, don't worry, you'll know when we bring him home. There will be pictures galore!

And we can't freaking wait. But time will fly by. We're going on vacation this week, moving the next Sunday and then picking up Bode on that Friday. It will be a little chaotic to say the least.
Back to top Go down
jesscee
Newborn
Newborn
jesscee

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 pm

With my 13 week old, he doesn't whine any differently between wanting attention and needing to go out, so I take him out every time and he'll usually go. I just make sure not to love on him or anything, that it is strictly business for him to go and then it's back in the crate. If he cries and whines once I put him back in, then I know for sure I can ignore him at least for the next few hours. He used to do that more when we first brought him home at 8 weeks, now he goes right back to sleep. Good luck to you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 am

Gunnersmatejmac wrote:
As funny as it might sound when we first got Loki we got him a teddy bear that played the sound of a heart beat for 20 minutes. My fiancée and I alternating sleeping out in the living room with him but he was also a puppy at the time. Now he sleeps in our bedroom on the floor next to the vent.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crate Training Whine question   Crate Training Whine question Empty

Back to top Go down

Crate Training Whine question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1