It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Ate A Squeaker!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

Puppy Ate A Squeaker! Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 am

So I just got a call from my boyfriend saying he *thinks* Luna ate a squeaker because she ripped her toy apart and she had one in her mouth and she either dropped it off the porch or ate it when he was going over to get it out of her mouth. Should he take her to the 24 hour vet?
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 am

I wouldn't yet since not totally sure where it is. I would if there is a sign or issue then go in. Also would call vet to get their opinion of the situation. 24hr vets are over prices, if you can't wait thats one thing. But if she can wait till morning for normal vet then thats what i would do

Good luck
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:11 am

I also think you can wait. If she were to start vomiting tomorrow, I would call the vet. In most cases a piece of plastic will pass through (look for it Wink ). Our first husky was evidently part goat, since she ate and was able to pass all sorts of crazy things! Some others are not so lucky and end up with terrible blockages. I feel certain that at this point, even if the vet were to do an x-ray and see the squeaker, he would suggest you wait in hopes of it passing.

Hoping the best for Luna!!
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 am

He said he thinks it might have been a piece of her bone she was chewing, so we are going to wait. So far she is acting fine anyway. It's no fun trying to be a puppy parent across the country Sad . Thank you for the advice, it did settle my nerves Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 am

Hayden ate a squeaker toy when he was I believe 4 month's old. He had to have a GI surgery to get it removed. Thing's to look out for are vomiting, diarrhea, not eating/drinking, sleeping more than usual, and just not acting like herself. I waited 4-5 days before letting our vet operate. After the operation she told us that it would have more than likely passed within the next 2 days. Hayden was so incredibly sick that I'm glad I went ahead with the surgery. Be very careful with plush toys, they can be dangerous. I threw all our's out and replaced them with harder rubber toys or toys that are very durable! Hope Luna passes it soon!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 am

Rites of Passage for a Siberian is eating the squeaker from a toy. Now you have the delectable duty of checking the poo for the next few days to see if it passes. Even then if there seem to be no problems I wouldn't let it keep me awake nights.

Hayden said it all with the: Thing's to look out for are vomiting, diarrhea, not eating/drinking, sleeping more than usual,
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 am

Blaze torn an arm off of a toy monkey it was about an inch around and 4 inches long he ate it or so we believe he had could not find it anywhere.. I called the vet asking what to do he suggest we feed him some high fiber food to see if he would pass it. He was acting normal not vomiting or any thing like that. He was eating good.

2 1/2 days later he threw it up one morning. Also is was pretty much full grown not a puppy like Luna.

I would watch her and call and talk to the vet tomorrow and see how things are.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:01 am

She threw up this morning and there was a good size chunk of bone in it, so we're hoping that was all it was. She has a vet appointment on Tuesday for shots anyway so we will be sure to mention it. I swear this dog is going to be the death of me! Razz
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 am

we just found a hard plastic item in Balon's poop yesterday, have no idea what it is a piece of, but I noticed what I thought was bright red blood in his poop upon further ummm inspection, I found it was plastic. I have no idea where he got that from but I am glad it passed!
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 am

I'm glad it passed and didn't cause any issues!!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 pm

yes me too, and I know what you mean my two are definitely going to be the death of me!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Glad to hear things passed okay. This is the one subject that I am glad my girls aren't typical huskies. My two do not play with toys, balls, frisbees, or other "toys". I have spent some good money on them and they sit by idle. I couldn't even get them to play with a kong toy that had treats in the ends they could see/smell/taste. Silly girls.

Again, very glad to hear things have been passed.
Back to top Go down
jlabbe1123
Newborn
Newborn
jlabbe1123

Female Join date : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Glad to see that it passed ok. My girl would eat just about anything and it usually passes. The only time I worried a little was when she ate 2 utility gloves lol but they passed slowly through out the week. She ate a squeaker once too but was eating and pooping normally so I wasn't too concerned. A week or so later she threw it up and it didn't phase her one bit. Crazy pups Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

I know i'm so happy everything went well, she is trying to give me a heart attack I think!
Back to top Go down
jlabbe1123
Newborn
Newborn
jlabbe1123

Female Join date : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Haha oh yeah it is amazing what they manage to find and what they can open to get into! They are super crafty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate A Squeaker!   Puppy Ate A Squeaker! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Ate A Squeaker!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1