It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic Empty
PostSubject: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 am

Click Me!

Thought you guys might get a kick otu of this
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 am

Amen. I hate irresponsible owners. "Oh, pooping...pretend I didn't notice!"
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

lol rocky doesn't poop outside of his spot in our yard, it reminds me of people who won't use a public restroom. i can take him for 3 or 4 mile walks or even yesterday at the dog park we were there for a good 2 hours and came home and he goes by the back door so he can be let out to use the bathroom
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:52 am

judalina wrote:
lol rocky doesn't poop outside of his spot in our yard, it reminds me of people who won't use a public restroom. i can take him for 3 or 4 mile walks or even yesterday at the dog park we were there for a good 2 hours and came home and he goes by the back door so he can be let out to use the bathroom

Demon is the same way...Dakota however will go when she needs to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
judalina wrote:

Ditto with Biko on that. In the time since I got him (Sept.'10) I think he might have taken a crap outside the yard 3 times. Adobo, well she'll let it go just about any where, but usually where it can cause me the most embarrassment.
Mylo was the best we have an abandoned railroad bed at the backyard where we started 90% of our walks, within 50 feet he would do what needed to be finished.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Demon&Dakota wrote:
judalina wrote:

Ditto with Biko on that. In the time since I got him (Sept.'10) I think he might have taken a crap outside the yard 3 times. Adobo, well she'll let it go just about any where, but usually where it can cause me the most embarrassment.
Mylo was the best we have an abandoned railroad bed at the backyard where we started 90% of our walks, within 50 feet he would do what needed to be finished.

my yorkie/pom mix, lucy, does exactly what adobo does! she has no problem going on walks but she'll literally stop when we're crossing the street and do it, or there will be people outside in their yard talking or gardening etc. and thats where lucy decidses she wants to poo right in front of them. it's incredibly embarrassing Sad
Back to top Go down
Rezman
Newborn
Newborn
Rezman

Male Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm

So here's a question: Is it bad to flush dog poop down the toilet? When Teila was elderly and losing her control, whatever she dropped in the house I would flush, and have done the same with Bella during her house training. We're on a county sewer system.
As far as the outside stuff goes, I've been scooping and dumping into my landscaping compost. (I have separate compost for the veggie garden.)
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm

My pet peeve is the dog owners who bag the poop.
And then leave the bags.
They conveniently "forget" to pick them up on their way back.

Once I saw some people that had done that before, so I picked up the bags and put them on the roof of their car.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Rezman wrote:
So here's a question: Is it bad to flush dog poop down the toilet?

Far as I'm concerned poo is poo. Though we do have a town in western NY here they have a law on the books saying it is illegal to flush animal poo down the toilet. Rolling Eyes WTF

One treat for Michael and poop patrolling.

Back to top Go down
huskynewbie
Newborn
Newborn
huskynewbie

Female Join date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 am

jalepeno wrote:
My pet peeve is the dog owners who bag the poop.
And then leave the bags.
They conveniently "forget" to pick them up on their way back.

Once I saw some people that had done that before, so I picked up the bags and put them on the roof of their car.

LOL! That's hilarious. I haven't seen people just leave the bags, surprisingly... I would also consider that a pet peeve. It also really annoys me when people "forget" to pick up after their dogs and just leave the poop for someone else!
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Nikko is a very particular pooper. He will never go unless it is in my back yard area in the mulch. If I take him on a trip he will hold it in all day until he comes back home, then he will take a massive poop when he gets home. For Xmas I took him with me to my parents, and we were gone from 6am until about 6pm. Not once did he poop!

I only wish Yukon was like that. Doesn’t matter where we are he will poop. It is very frustrating when we are on a walk, and he pooped 10 minutes ago, but now he needs to poop again. It’s like walking helps bring the urge on! He will even do it at PetSmart lately too if it’s been more than a half hour since his last poop.

Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Rezman wrote:
So here's a question: Is it bad to flush dog poop down the toilet?

Far as I'm concerned poo is poo. Though we do have a town in western NY here they have a law on the books saying it is illegal to flush animal poo down the toilet. Rolling Eyes WTF

Interesting that it's illegal...I wonder if it's because of their treatment process..
Flushing is a better option than trashing it imo. Landfills usually leak, even lined landfills aren't perfectly water-tight. That means E. coli, giardia, etc. can seep through (plus a whole bunch of other shit from the other trash) into groundwater which feeds into drinking water (depending on where you live) or streams/lakes/etc. While sewage treatment doesn't treat for everything (birth control hormones, caffeine, etc.) it does treat for really nasty stuff Smile That said...I trash.. But if you do flush it, that's super cool. They do make biodegradable flush baggies. Although those biodegradable plastics aren't really as eco-friendly as they claim, but I digress.

On another note, I always had to search for my old rescue's poop. She always pooped in bushes, and if she caught anyone watching her, she'd stop and find a new spot. I could spend a good while hunting through tall grass and bushes to find it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic   Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic Empty

Back to top Go down

Doo-Doo (AKA poop) Infographic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-