It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

Blaze is 18 months and weights 50 lbs...
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Eshe is 8 and at 68lbs while Odin just turned 1 and is at 52lbs.

Good luck with getting your pretty girl back into shape! You can do it!
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Rocky is going to be 9 months on the 26th - he weights 50 lbs right now i'm not sure if he's overwieght or not though
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:35 am

I took this today leaving the dog park (she is filthy) I would say she's starting to get her figure back.

weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 1efde69d
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:52 am

Balon weighed in at 20 lbs at 3 months
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:34 am

She is looking a lot better! How much does she weigh now?
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:02 am

I haven't actually weighed her yet. I need to take her to the vet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Psammacora
Newborn
Newborn
Psammacora

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:24 am

Kirk was 4 months when I got him and he was 35 pounds. He is almost a year old now and is 57 pounds as of yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Koda is 4 years old as of last month and is 23.5" and 50lbs.
Rogue is a year as of last week, 19 inches tall, snd weights 27lbs.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:35 pm

She does look A LOT better! Good job on the weight loss! Smile
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks.

Heather I love how petit rouge is. She's so cute. I want my next girl to be smaller.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

She's super cute, but I won't lie, I wish she was bigger. Can't really be pulled by a 25lb dog, haha.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Today after a very long brush session. SO MUCH HAIR... Will post it all in scrap book. She's getting her cute little body back!

weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 5ead7856

Last edited by brady.law on Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:50 pm

She looks much better! Great job on the weight loss!

weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks, its coming along! she looks so thin after i brushed off 10 lbs of hair!
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Coquito is 5 1/2 months and weighs 40.2 lbs. Ginger is 18 months and weighs 38.8 lbs yet she looks bigger than Coquito. She is poofy and he is lean. Very different coats too.
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I just saw this thread...

I just realized how heavy Khuno actually is! He's 14 months old yesterday and weighs nearly 70 lbs haha! He has a great figure though and he doesn't heavy at all.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Kodiak is a week shy of being 9 months old and is 70 lbs. Denali at 14 years is around 35 lbs.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Sky is 4 and weighs about 50lbs

Carter is 6 and weighs about 60lbs (he could stand to gain about 3-5 more though
Back to top Go down
BeBopBandit
Newborn
Newborn
BeBopBandit

Male Join date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Bandit's 60lbs and just about 1 yr old. When he stands on his back legs, he looks me straight in the eyes hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Link is just over 9 weeks, and just shy of 13 pounds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Toadzca
Newborn
Newborn
Toadzca

Female Join date : 2014-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:20 am

I am just flipping through the threads and came ups on this one. I've always been interested in seeing the variety of sizes of Sibes. Our breeder was concerned with Cooper and his size..that he was over eating and over weight. Our vet tells me he's not over weight just a really big boy. I am sure he could stand to lose 10lbs ( couldn't we all?). I'll have to measure his height but he often gets mistaken for a Mal. He was 2 in July and is 98lbs and can easily stand with his head in my shoulders (I am 5'10"). Our 6 y/o girlie is just 40lb but that doesn't stop her from bossing him around!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 am

It is interesting Cindy, My girl stands about 1-2 inches above breed standard and rough guess of 60-70 pounds, a lean girl, no fat. Her bf is right on standard, he is roughly an inch or two shorter than her and weighs 54 pounds. He lets her push him around, quite funny. Would you happen to have pics? We do love pics here, lol. Would love to see your 2 in full body pics.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:37 am

I've always used this as a guide for determining if a dog is overweight.

http://2t4y703efn992y2nurahx0pbq7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dog-weight-chart.png

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 am

simplify wrote:
I've always used this as a guide for determining if a dog is overweight.

http://2t4y703efn992y2nurahx0pbq7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dog-weight-chart.png

Ashleigh - I like that chart, too. But with Ami's coat the visual is almost impossible to determine - with coat blow this summer, I can at least see the tuck up from the side, top view not so much. I'm always fretting about what "easily felt with slight fat cover" means. At the moment, I'm sort of thinking Ami could stand to lose a bit - I can still feel ribs but I really have to palpate...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)   weight - Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Age and weight? (Kiaras fat @$$)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next