It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Plum Creek dog show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Plum Creek dog show Empty
PostSubject: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Sorry i HATE my camera and they moved to fast for my phone. some Beautiful sibs there!!!!
Plum Creek dog show P2180349

Plum Creek dog show P2180348

Plum Creek dog show P2180347

Plum Creek dog show P2180346

Plum Creek dog show P2180345
this one growled at Jack when we were walking around the top floor away from the show.
maybe Claudia took some pics.....

i will be going back to another dog show just to walk around and have time. since i was there with the rescue i just took mini breaks and wished i had more time to really check it out and learn whats going on.

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Cool! Do you know how many sibes were entered?

Plum Creek dog show Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

SaraB wrote:
Cool! Do you know how many sibes were entered?
from the line there had to be like 15 or more. i wish i could have watched all of it but the show was during our shift so i went down for like 5 min and they i guess were doing a pre judge handing out ribbons for 1 and 2 (groups i guess?) i wish i knew more about shows and showing, i thought of you while i was there going if sara was here she could tell me whats going on...

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 pm

lol. Well first there are different classes like 6 to 12 month, 12 to 18 month, bred by, and open. The males get judged first and each class goes in one at a time. Then the winners and runners up of those classes comes back in the ring and the top male is chosen. Then the females get judged in their classes and then the class winners and runners up come back in to see who wins in the females. The winners of these are called "winners" lol and that is when you can get points. Then any champions and the first and second place males and females (I think just 1st and 2nd) go back in for best of breed. They then choose best of breed, best of winners, and best opposite sex.

It does get very confusing! I've seen a few runners up forget they needed to go back in and leave after their group was over.

But that's why I've only really competed against 3 other sibes before. There has only ever been three others in my class and since I've never won my class (these two sisters always win), I've never gone up futher to compete against the older dogs.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

You guys were there with a rescue? If so that's cool. I saw pictures of one of the rescue's booths at the siberian national specialty and it looked awesome. They also got to do a rescue walk or something like that to showcase their rescues in the ring!

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I didn't take any pics. The vibe I got was so snooty, that I just left my camera home. I was there on a relief shift Friday and didn't really have time to walk around since I had to get back to my real job. Then I worked the morning shift on Sunday and was there from 8am to set up and the next shift didn't come until 1pm, so other than bathroom breaks, I didn't get to see any of the 'show' part of the event. After my Sunday shift, I did take a quick glance at the vendors there to see if they had anything I'd like, but some of the knick knacks I was interested in were a little expensive, and the antlers I found didn't look 'safe'! I did stop by the Evo/Innova booth and picked up a few sample bags of their grain free kibble Smile

Sara - the handlers that were practicing (I guess that's what they were doing behind our table, running up and down) were so snooty! One of them actually snubbed Rusty! - Rusty is one of our available huskies that we had at the event to represent. He is so sweet and affectionate, and so handsome! And he got snubbed Sad

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

That's too bad. He got snubbed by a sibe person?! I know a couple of sibe people like that, but thankfully most of the ones I know love all sibes no matter if it's a rescue or not.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 pm

SaraB wrote:
That's too bad. He got snubbed by a sibe person?! I know a couple of sibe people like that, but thankfully most of the ones I know love all sibes no matter if it's a rescue or not.
No, Rusty the Sibe got snubbed by a handler with a medium size breed - I wanna say Spaniel of some sort?

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh. He was probably mad that you guys were taking up room! lol. I swear some people really get cut throat when it comes to grooming space. It was like dealing with little kids at the show I helped out with. They wouldn't even share plug outlets! It was so annoying! They got all upset cause they paid for a spot, but don't have their own outlets when it clearly said in the premium that the power outlets had to be shared. We just didn't have enough for every spot and it's like that everywhere, so I don't know why they acted so ticked off and stunned about it. Plum Creek dog show 85993

You should see the difference between an AKC show and an International one. I had so much fun at the International one. It wasn't nearly as serious!

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 am

Gorgeous dogs I love you
A lot of handlers tend to be snotty, but if you just ignore them who cares Razz
Back to top Go down
cherbear
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 am

Awesome pics. I have noticed that too even in doing obedience shows there are some snooty people there. I feel so out of place. I'm usually always the only one with a sibe.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:32 am

lol. You should go to the Eukanuba National next year in Orlando. I got to watch a husky run agility! It was a fun couple of days. What obedience do you show under? AKC?

Back to top Go down
cherbear
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:03 am

Hmm when is it? I will drive to Orlando for that. I will be doing agility with Enkei soon. Just need to find the time to go to the training place that has the agility course to train with her on it. I haven't seen a husky do agility before in person. I have seen some pics of some of the sibes in other countries.
I show under AKC last show she got a qualifing score and she got 3rd place in Beginners Novice. I need two more legs and then she will have her BN title. I finally got around to getting her tested for her CGC and the certificate came in the mail finally. She will also be getting her TDI as well soon. Just need to take her to the evaluator for that test. Shoot my next obedience trial is March 17th in Palm Bay.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:02 pm

You need to get into the top 5 this year!!! lol. Then you'll be invited to the Eukanuba show. It's in December. I really need to start up agility training again, but it's been so darn hot!

Back to top Go down
cherbear
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Lol I'll try. Yea it has been hot. I took my girl to the Renaissance Festival yesterday and oh my word I was roasting. I also want to get into protection and tracking training with my GSD. Geez I wish I didn't have to work so I could have more time to do all this.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm

cmanding wrote:
SaraB wrote:
No, Rusty the Sibe got snubbed by a handler with a medium size breed - I wanna say Spaniel of some sort?

lol!
Oh geeeeeez...figures
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plum Creek dog show   Plum Creek dog show Empty

Back to top Go down

Plum Creek dog show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1