It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

Male Join date : 2011-11-15

Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I made this thread today just because I love huskies so much! I have no idea why, I don't like or dislike other dogs, cats or animals. I don't get attached to most animals. But Huskies, wow. I'm not sure what it is.

Symptoms of weird huskyatitus:

-Letting them invade your home office
-Cleaning up trash bags worth of hair ... frequently.
-Having husky slobber on your face
-Random husky moaning, howling and funny sounds you can't identify
-Having to deal with "Husky-tantrums" if you don't do what they want
-Being accepted as leader of the pack and having to deal with being treated like a husky by huskies
-Being expected to give them constant attention
-Being FORCED to give them constant attention
-Having your neighbors look at you funny when you baby talk to them despite being a full grown male adult human who should not baby talk to animals.
-Baby talk includes stupid iterations of Husky which make no sense: Huskins, Huskities, Huskin Husks, and other weird stuff
-Calling your little female husky princess & the big male one prince
-Your significant other thinking you are slightly insane
-No personal time without huskies because they are spoiled
-Husky hair all over your car because the second you open the door the dive into it
-Having to treat them as inferior to establish pack order despite wanting to let them do anything because they are adorable
-constant need for allergy medication because you are allergic but have 0 symptoms if you take 1 allergy pill a day so you know are condemned to a life of daily allergy pills.
-Holes in your socks, don't accidently leave socks near the huskins <-- see?

I am sure I missed a whole bunch! I have 2 troublemakers, one is a year and a half (Jack - Male) and the other is 3 Months (Sally). I got Sally at just 1.5 months old, they sell them or abandon them young here.

They are an elegant, rare, beautiful breed. I had one husky before these two whom I had to part ways with due to a VERY long-distance move. He was named jack also.

Here is Sally:

Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  381525_10150427029526887_594566886_8640014_940227827_n
Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  391211_10150349164236887_594566886_8375900_1035742637_n (her 1 month ago)

and Jack...

Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  406570_10150505615031887_594566886_8894527_1115344769_n
Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  391893_10150373800131887_594566886_8448395_1024409552_n

Does anyone else suffer from all or some of these conditions?
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes, I so love my husky and no matter what he does I can never get mad at him. He just looks so darn cute.
Back to top Go down
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Ha! Exactly!

They can make you so darn mad too because they are smart and know how to get at you ...

But you just can't be mad!
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Holy crow, your dogs are cute! Sally is soooooo adorable! And, haha, your signature is awesome.

I suffer from all of the above, too. As a matter of fact, we are so husky crazy now, that we become volunteers and foster parents for a Siberian Husky rescue. Very Happy

I love animals, but I never thought of myself as a "dog" person. But for some reason, I am totally a husky person...completely smitten with them!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Mermaidista woohoo! Thanks for the props on the signature.

I am the same, like i Said, it's just a husky thing!

Awesome about volunteerism to foster huskies, I would LOOOOVEEEEE to do it, but i'd get too attached too fast!

But very awesome, helping out huskies! They are just so wonderful and cute..... and bad (sally haha)!!!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Wow those are so true. At my age it is funny to see that we can be so taken by my husky.. He is my first one the only other dog we had was a german shephard/boxer mix she was a great dog live to be 16 years old.

I want another one after 9 months with one I would like to get a second one but my hubby really doesn't want another dog. Don't get me wrong he is just about as taken with Blaze as I am.

Linda
Back to top Go down
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 am

Linda,

I was in a similar situation, my other half did not want a second husky too much.

I used this tactic - "But dear, Jack makes us so happy.... shouldn't he be happy? Huskies are pack animals and they are not truly as happy as they can be alone, they need the company of another husky."

It worked.

Sally came along a few weeks later. Try it Wink

It's true though, Huskies love to be in groups, but ... be prepared to get jealous, I always joked and said, I can't wait to get another husky so Jack leaves me alone some, then the first week with Sally ... Jack ignored me, he only wanted to play with the new husky, I got jealous lol!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm

luis84 wrote:

It's true though, Huskies love to be in groups, but ... be prepared to get jealous, I always joked and said, I can't wait to get another husky so Jack leaves me alone some, then the first week with Sally ... Jack ignored me, he only wanted to play with the new husky, I got jealous lol!

That is kind of what My Darling Hubby says is that Blaze will change is personality and he likes the way he is.

His other reason is that we could not afford to board them for a vacation it is costly enough boarding one two would be very high.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:22 pm

ooh ooh I suffer and so does my husband LOL
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

No, NEVER........ lol!

Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 pm

All of the above...cept for maybe the weird names. lol I only have one tho! My girlfriend gets pretty jealous and i get questioned often of wich of the two I find more attractive..lol
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

I think to myself I love my husky, but Lord Idk if I could deal with two! Emotionally, physically, or financially
Back to top Go down
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm

LoL @ All the above posts!

Calling them weird name is weird, I don't know, my mom did it with her pets so I bet it came from there.

Having 2 is sure an adventure but it's worth it to see how they interact. They don't change either, it's temporarily. Now neither ignores me, in fact I have 2 that won't leave me a lone. As we speak they are fighting about who gets to sleep on my foot.

LoL good to see there are some more sufferers. I do not think it is possible to just have a husky or just have a husky as a pet like people do with other breeds. You really have to love huskies to "tolerate" them.

Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 am

I call Xiah sugar lump... she's my baby. Otherwise all of the above is the same with me. Razz
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

Dante is my huskers, and he RULES this house lol!
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 am

I absolutely ADORE my husky, he's the first husky we've ever had and I am just head over heels with this puppy! He irritates me sometimes as he gets too rough when he plays but, he's just hilarious 95% of the time so I can't stay mad at him at all. I've been told by the vets that see Rocky that he doesn't have a usual temperament of a husky, he's a lot more calm I guess which is a blessing cause he's pretty crazy to me, but he talks a lot and I swear he said the word "no" the other day!

we're getting another one for him too, a little girl in the summer time, so I'm hoping he takes to her well!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 am

I would love to be able to have a 2nd one, but I am pushing it just having Cali with the landlord, hopefully I can fix that and move to where I can have a couple of em!
Back to top Go down
luis84
Newborn
Newborn
luis84

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 am

Great @ Everyone! Love to see all these replies!!!!

judalina - They do talk, trust me, they say things like "I love you", "Water", "no" and they whine too. They are just too smart. They do awesome in Pairs, as you can see I just did this. When the female is in heat they have to be separated though but thats a minor detail. Male/Female pairs do well, Jack is very happy with Sally. But be warned, they will not leave you alone if thats the plan hahaha! My wife thought getting another one would mean they would bother each other instead of us, it backfired, now they both us in group. >_>

Sugar Lump & Huskers - lol! I knew other people made up funny husky names! I am not entirely nuts! Or atleast I am not nuts alone!

kevo - I had the same issue and when I finally got a yard and a better place I got a second one.
Back to top Go down
beh46
Newborn
Newborn
beh46

Male Join date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 am

Have had my boy for 4 days now and the whole family is in love with him I'm already tryin to convince the landlord (my dad) to allow a second husky in lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?    Do you ever just think, "Dang, I love my Huskies" ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1