It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Please read and help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Please read and help Empty
PostSubject: Please read and help   Please read and help EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I saw this on facebook from Free Spirit Siberian Rescue and it made me so sad. PLease read and go on and like so we can find a way to help her.

In September, we networked for a very depressed dog named Elsie, one of the saddest dogs you'll ever see, to find a home. Despite all the attention, applications for her adoption, and rescues stepping up to help this sweet girl, she stills finds herself locked in a kennel at Lehigh County Humane Society (LCHS).

We feel that with all this interest and networking, she should have easily found a forever home and should be well on her way to celebrating the holidays with her new family.

Since this is not the case, we wondered what the problem could be.

We started to hear horror stories about the shelter. Dogs with adoption pending cards that mysteriously disappeared. Staff found doing nothing while dogs were sitting in their own feces and urine. No foster program in place so that more dogs could leave the shelter. Hours that were not very accomodating to potential adopters with jobs. And finally, closing their Facebook page where at least they would be able to showcase the animals available for adoption.

Advertisement
There were many more appalling statements made about them, but without being able to personally verify them, I'll stop here.

It appeared that LCHS didn't really care about finding good homes for the animals in their care, as their name would imply.

Elsie, ID #76679, is a perfect example of that. She has been there since March through no fault of her own.

Since we felt it was unfair to pass judgment on them without hearing their side in this situation, and not just accepting what we were hearing as truth, I decided to contact them myself.

I called on four separate occasions, explained that I was calling about Elsie, asked why she was still there, told them that we were planning to write a follow-up article about her, and wanted to give them a chance to respond to the allegations we've been hearing about them. I was informed on each occasion that I would receive a return call.

Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting, because they never returned my calls.

We don't know if these accusations against them are accurate, which is why I contacted them and was hoping for a response. They chose, instead, to ignore me. What we do know is that Elsie has been waiting since March for her special someone to come and take her away from there. Several people have tried to grant her this wish, and each has been denied by LCHS. We would like them to explain why. Simple as that.

Apparently not only do they not care about animals, they aren't concerned about their reputation or what anyone thinks or writes about them either. That's very dangerous when an institution thinks they don't have to answer to anyone. They even put a sign outside that reads: "Life is sweet on Dixon St. Love, Elsie."

I'm sure if Elsie could talk, that's the last thing she would say.

It appears that their spitefulness, arrogance, and bullying has allowed them to use Elsie as a pawn to irritate animal advocates who would really like to see this sweet dog get out from under their control.

We will continue to try to find out what it will take to do that. LCHS does require a home visit so you must live in the Lehigh Valley area. If anyone is interested in helping Elsie by giving her a forever home, please contact LCHS at:

Lehigh County Humane Society
640 Dixon Street
Allentown, PA 18103

Phone: (610) 797-1205

The hours of operation for LCHS are:
Sunday 1:00 - 3:30pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm

Wednesday 12:00 - 4:00pm and 6:00 - 8:30pm.

Then please let us know what response you get. And if you did attempt to adopt her and were turned down, we'd like to hear your experience with them as well.

We owe it to Elsie to have a successful outcome for her. She deserves much more than being forced to live her life in a shelter. We all want her to have a great home where she will find love, comfort, and happiness.

A Facebook fan page has been set up to help Elsie even more. Please join here.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive emails when new articles are posted, click the "Subscribe" button above the article. It's free!

Please help spread the word about animals in need by joining the Hearts for Hopefuls Facebook page. Feel free to email me with local topic ideas, and also be sure to join my animal welfare Facebook fan page!

Continue reading on Examiner.com Why is Lehigh County Humane Society stopping Elsie from being adopted? - Philadelphia Animal Welfare | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/animal-welfare-in-philadelphia/why-islehigh-humane-society-not-allowing-elsie-to-have-a-forever-home#ixzz1frWNucFC
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Please read and help   Please read and help EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Try organizing a posse.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Please read and help   Please read and help EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Shoot! ALL the shelters I emailed to inquire about a husky NEVER replied back.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Please read and help   Please read and help EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 pm

I'll try and get up there to see what's up. That's absolutely awful Sad

As terrible as that is - it doesn't surprise me. Allentown Is an absolutely awful and filthy place. And is terrible for those animals. Sad

Please read and help Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please read and help   Please read and help Empty

Back to top Go down

Please read and help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1