It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My one and only Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

My one and only Dakota Empty
PostSubject: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

It's with a very sad and heavy heart that I have to tell you my Dakota has passed away this morning. He had his last and final seizure that took his life from us. When I got to the Emergency Vet Clinic I thought he was coming out of it, but he was already gone. The E. Vet believes he had a brain tumor and that was the cause of the seizures.

I love you Dakota and I will miss you more than you can possible know.
My one and only Dakota 2011-09-10204758
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 am

Mindy, I'm so so sorry to hear this. My condolences. Run hard, run free Dakota.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 am

Oh, Mindy, this breaks my heart! I know you are devastated.

Love and Prayers!
Back to top Go down
muska
Puppy
Puppy
muska

Male Join date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 am

im so sorry for your loss Sad
R.I.P. Dakota
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 am

Very sorry for your loss. You and Dakota will be in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 am

Heartfelt sympathy to you. Dakota has earned his angel wings. RIP. sweet boy.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:14 am

Omg Mindy, this has me tears Sad I'm so sorry, so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you, your son, and Willow. I hope that she's not too devastated. Please stay strong and know that we're here for you.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 am

I am so sorry Mindy. Sad I know you must be devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

May you Rest in Peace Dakota.
Back to top Go down
desi
Puppy
Puppy
desi

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:51 am

I am so, so sad for you and cannot imagine what you are going through.
You are in our thoughts - Rest peacefully Dakota.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

Mindy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know this has been a long road and the family was dealing so well. We all had high hopes, but you had a beautiful long time with him once the seizures started. Cherish his life and his memory. He will always be with you. He knows how very much he was loved by you and your whole family.

My thoughts are with you all. RIP Dakota.

My one and only Dakota Hailey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

I'm so sorry, Mindy. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Rest peacefully Dakota.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 am

Oh Mindy, I am so sorry to hear about Dakota. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

My one and only Dakota 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am

So so so sorry Mindy. RIP Dakota Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 am

Oh mindy I hate seeing this kind of news. My thoughts are with you and your family, you know as well as the reast of us that Dakota was loved every second of his life, you did all that you could for him his whole life and I know he was greatfull for it. You may be filled with saddness at this time but fill that hole with all the great memories you have with him as you know he will always be with you and waithing for you. I'm so sorry for you loss
Hugs from me and S&J

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 am

Sad
This breaks my heart to hear this, and I'm so sorry for your loss...
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family...

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:04 am

I know that I already posted on this, but I can't stop crying. I'm a mess so I could only imagine what you're going through Mindy Sad Please know that everybody's thoughts are truly with you and that we're all hurting with you as well. You loved Dakota with all of your heart and he knew it. You now have him as your doggie angel and he'll always be with you.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 am

Mindy, I am so sorry to hear this news, noone wants to start their day this way. Just know he is at peace and will wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge. My prayers are with you to help heal your pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 am

I am so sorry for your loss, Mindy.
Someone told me once that dogs' lives are so short because we love them so intensely.
I firmly believe we will see our dogs again.
RIP, Dakota.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. As a one-time dog hater (seriously) I thought people that mourned the loss of their pets were being ridiculous. Now that I have Appa, I know I would be crushed. It's crazy what these animals do for us. I hope you and your family can recover quickly.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Mindy, I'm so sorry to hear this and very saddened by the news. I didn't know your or him personally but you're all part of the husky family, and I can just imagine how your heart hurts now.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Run free Dakota, say hello to Mylo for me. Sorry for your loss Mindy.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Mindy, words cannot describe how my heart aches for you and Dakota. He will live on in your heart and one day you'll be reunited again. Dakota has not only made a huge dent in your heart but in all of ours as well as. He will be sorely missed and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time. Run free Dakota, you have touched so many and will never be forgotten.

Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm

So sorry for your loss Mindy. Rest in Peace Dakota.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Run free Dakota, say hello to Mylo for me. Sorry for your loss Mindy.

Oh Len, I'm sure that this brings back painful memories for you as well Sad

Dakota and Mylo will now be best friends in doggie heaven I love you
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Mindy, I'm so sorry to see this Sad I was so excited to meet him in September Sad I'm really glad he had a long wonderful life with you and Willow and your family, RIP Dakota
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota Empty

Back to top Go down

My one and only Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next