It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kody is officially a teenage husky!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Kody is officially a teenage husky! Empty
PostSubject: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 pm

My sweet, innocent, semi obedient puppy has turned full circle within a week and is now a rebellious TEENAGE HUSKY!!! No I've never lost my patience with him until now. WOW IS HE ON A ROLL!!! He's going to be 1 year old in 2 weeks and he's completely outta control. He's driving everybody nuts (including Mya!) I have to breathe in deeply several times and silent before I curse him out..lol.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Happy Birthday Kody!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am

Some days when Mishka and Cheyenne had pushed me to the edge I just shut them in the crate and had a beer. It helped Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 am

lol! Love it! One smart lady!

Happy Birthday Kody!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:03 am

Wow! Him and Willow's birthday are very close! Happy soon to be birthday Kody!!
Back to top Go down
Loves2Share
Newborn
Newborn
Loves2Share

Female Join date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 am

Wow! Good luck and happy birthday to him!! Very Happy Just out of curiosity, is he "in tact" or has he been neutered?
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

Female Join date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 am

I recommend sending them to doggie daycare for a day....this has saved my dogs from near death experiences hehe Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 am

How has someone not asked what he's done yet? Laughing

Niko, she got him neutered just a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Ambrose wrote:
I recommend sending them to doggie daycare for a day....this has saved my dogs from near death experiences hehe Wink

Combine the ideas! Send them to daycare AND have a beer! Cheers! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I really would consider sending Kody Melissa. Mya seems to be fine and would maybe enjoy the break from him, but sending him once a week could have such a good impact on him. I give credit to daycare for Koda being so well behaved- I got him started in it at 11 months and he had such a better disposition and was so much calmer and easier within a few weeks of starting.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 pm

But most importantly don't forget the beer haha
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 pm

But most importantly don't forget the beer haha
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Ugh you guys, I wanna kick his a$$ 80% of the time! Let's see...what has he done?

- Well first of all just his overall attitude (hard to explain).

- He's very snappy now and has gone full speed on the mouthing. I've tried everything to get him to stop, but it's in one ear and out the other.

- He has NO RECALL WHATSOEVER! He used to listen to me when I mentioned a "treat" or "peanut butter". Now, it's like he could care less. He goes in the yard to eat things that he shouldn't in the far corner and DOES NOT listen. It's been raining lately and I have to let him out to do his business. He refuses to come in and get soaked.

- He argues back constantly and does not leave Mya alone.

- He's started playing real rough with Mya also. I mean, they've always played rough, but now it's like he bites her HARD and she doesn't like that so she attacks him. Then of course he runs away crying like the little punk that he is..LOL!

There are several other minor things, but I'm not going to bore you guys with them.

I looked into doggie day care (http://totallydog.com/?page_id=80) and while it seems like he's have a great time it's expensive. We can't afford this right now. We're looking into getting an SUV in the next few months and we also need to save $ to hopefully buy a house within the next few years.

Kristina, if you only lived a little closer I would totally harass you to let me send him to your "doggie daycare"...LOL!! He would so love hanging with your pack!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Oh, and believe me when I say that most of the time there's a cup of wine or beer in hand. Which is why I haven't completely lost it just yet!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

LoL I relate to the not being able to afford doggie daycare right now Sad I was hospitalized recently and it totally wipe out our funds :'( were ok day to day but nothing extra right now. Hopefully Killian remains angelic and I can avoid baby burnout haha
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 pm

You know now that I just said that she's going to take to eating walls or something lol!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Ahahaha we'd love to take Kody in my girls would give him a serious run for his money! Twisted Evil

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 pm

I wonder if it's possible just to send him for a 1/2 day every now and then, or 1 day week for a couple of weeks?

Daycare has been AWESOME for our 2 - they loooove playing their friends and it completely burns off their energy for a few days. The socializing aspect of it is great! We dropped them off for 2 hours on the weekend while we went shopping, and they just passed out when we got home.
Back to top Go down
Loves2Share
Newborn
Newborn
Loves2Share

Female Join date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Do you have a dog park in your area? We are fortunate enough to have one a mile away! We walk there every morning, play for an hour, then walk home... but lately we've been staying much longer, and the walk home has been... challenging. (my neighbor-Chloe's "dad" -caught me carrying him home! I know, I know- I'm not making it a habit, but he's only 25 lbs and I had a meeting to go to!!

Kody is officially a teenage husky! Imag0815

Long story short: I <3 Dog Parks!
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Hehe he is sooooo going to see if he can get you to carry him in a yr...he will carefully scan your calendar for meetings Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:27 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Ahahaha we'd love to take Kody in my girls would give him a serious run for his money! Twisted Evil

That's for sure!!! Your girls are always at it at the meet ups! He would have so much fun with you guys. Too bad you're so far away =(
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I also found doggie camp at Petsmart, but I don't know about that. I'd have to go see what it's all about. We have a Petsmart just 5 minutes from my house, but I'm not sure if that location offers it. I do feel bad leaving Mya alone Sad Even though Kody stays in his crate and Mya is loose...they are both in our room and spend the day together. She has a fit when we take him somewhere and she stays. No, we can't take her also. She's a total DIVA with other dogs and I would NOT trust her at doggie day care like AT ALL.

We do have a dog park about 10 minutes from my house, but that would mean me getting up at 545am to take him, then get home and walk Mya, to get ready for work.

I think I might have figured something out. Today I took Mya on a bike ride, then took Kody, and when I got back from Kody's ride hubby brought Mya out to me and I took them on a long walk. Yep, they're both knocked right now, but mommy is pretty tired also..lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Loves2Share wrote:
Do you have a dog park in your area? We are fortunate enough to have one a mile away! We walk there every morning, play for an hour, then walk home... but lately we've been staying much longer, and the walk home has been... challenging. (my neighbor-Chloe's "dad" -caught me carrying him home! I know, I know- I'm not making it a habit, but he's only 25 lbs and I had a meeting to go to!!

Kody is officially a teenage husky! Imag0815

Long story short: I <3 Dog Parks!

I have a 60lber I still carry Very Happy If you lurk on here enough you'll find a photo, lol.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Haha Heather! I think I know which pic you're talking about! When you met up with Claudia and you took a pic with her carrying Koda? Most adorable pic ever! He was like holding onto you for dear life

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 pm

That one is on here and I think another one. I have like 20 photos of me carrying him and random people have pictures on their phones.. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kody is officially a teenage husky!    Kody is officially a teenage husky! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kody is officially a teenage husky!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next