It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Storm's Weight Loss progress Empty
PostSubject: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:38 pm

April 22...that was then...112.2 lbs
Storm's Weight Loss progress 2011-04-22

...this is now....July 27....97.5 lbs
Storm's Weight Loss progress 2011-07-27-04

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 pm

DAMN Storm has a FIGURE!!!!! NICE JOB

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:50 pm

I look at the first picture and affraid

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 pm

WOW. Nice!! Keep it up! You're almost there Smile

Storm's Weight Loss progress Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:55 pm

5/15/05 - Storm was born

10/29/05 - He got Interceptor for 51-100 lbs and Frontline for 45-88 lbs which means he weighed between 51 and 88 lbs

4/14/06 - He's still between 51 and 88 lbs

1/11/07 - Weighed at 95 lbs

7/12/08 - between 89 and 100 lbs

3/19/10 - over 100 lbs (Interceptor 100 lbs + 26-50lbs)

8/10/10 - Weighed 140 lbs

Between August 2010 and March 31st, 2011, he went into foster care and lost 28 lbs.

4/01/10 - arrived in Denver at 112.2 lbs

April 19 - 108 lbs

May 3 - 106.2 lbs.

May 6 - 105.9 lbs.

May 16 - 105.5 lbs.

May 27 - 103.9 lbs

June 1 - 102.9 lbs

June 8 - 102.2 lbs.....Dr. Miller: 'Well, hello Storm! I see all the pictures posted on Facebook, and you are looking so good lately! I remember when I first met you, I couldn't find any ribs under you, and now I can feel ribs!'

June 20 - 99.1 lbs

June 28 - 98.9 lbs

July 5 - 98.0 lbs

July 15 - 97.7 lbs

It's been slow lately because it's been so darn hot! Sad

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Wow, that's awesome!!! You can totally tell!!!!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm

May 17
Storm's Weight Loss progress 2011-05-17-002

June 13
Storm's Weight Loss progress 2011-06-13-003

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks everyone!
I don't think we'll hit our goal at the end of August, but as long as he doesn't gain weight, we're OK.

Storm is blushing now....He's been running with hubby late evenings now when it's cooled off some. He's a slow poke, but he's running (instead of waddling)!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 pm

OMG the change is amazing! Storm looks little compared to his former self! You've done an amazing job helping him lose the weight, he's a very lucky boy to have you guys. Even if you don't hit your original goal by the end of August the more important thing is realizing how far you guys actually have come and it has all been in the right direction. You're getting so close, Storm's cheerleaders on the forum are still routing him on. Absolutely amazing how good he looks! I love you

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Woohoo! Go Storm!!

Here's some fat Seamus to skinny Seamus pics to motivate you along, Storm!

When I first got him... around 60-65lbs

Storm's Weight Loss progress DSCF4681

Storm's Weight Loss progress DSCF4733

Skinny Seamus! Bounces around between 35-40lbs

Storm's Weight Loss progress DSCF5497

Storm's Weight Loss progress 5541035526_b41e27568b_z

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Storm absolutely looks amazing! Every time I come see him, I can tell that he has lost a few more pounds! I remember when JD and I pulled up to the park at the fairgrounds and went, "oh, I wonder who that dog is? I see Ginger..." and didn't realize it was Storm because he was looking so slender! He is a stud muffin for sure and looks so good! And he his energy has to have improved so much.. he kept up with Rogue like a puppy himself! I love you Storm, so happy you have great parents who are ensuring you are as healthy as possible!

And HOLY MOLY, don't think I ever have seen a comparison of Seamus!! Look at that figure! A whole 20lbs! He didn't take long to slim out either did he?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Took about 4-5 months to get most of it off. He had heartworms so getting his weight down was really important, we didn't want any added stress on his heart. After the HW treatment he lost about 10lbs more and then gained half of that back in muscle. His back legs are a serious power house!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Seamus is too cute!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Went to get another weight check for Storm today:

July 28 - 94.7 lbs

sunny bounce

Puppy
Puppy
hillarycole

Female Join date : 2011-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm

aww. He looks great!! Smile Watching his progress is way better than watching Biggest Loser Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:27 pm

cmanding wrote:
Went to get another weight check for Storm today:

July 28 - 94.7 lbs

sunny bounce

he must be sweating it out!!!

good job!

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Shoot.. only 4.8lbs til I have to try to pick him up again! LOL!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow, that's awesome!!!! 3lbs in 2 weeks is amazing! You go girl! Storm is so lucky to have such awesome parents I love you
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Heather, I'll give you a break and wait til your ankle heals before you show me you can pick him up Smile

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Way to go, Storm! Keep it up!

Heatherlee wrote:
Shoot.. only 4.8lbs til I have to try to pick him up again! LOL!

Heather, you're nuts! Razz

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm hoping my ankle will heal in the amount of time it takes him to lose 4.8lbs! Lol, Val, we were at the dog park and I tried and almost died.. he was 98lbs I think then.. I said when he reached 90 I'd retry, lmao!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Lookin' good, Storm! Good job, Claudia! I'm sure he feels alot more comfortable! Chili always looked so uncomfortable when he was tubby!

Claudia, as promised, some more pics of fat Chili so that you can compare their build. These pics are of Chili on his first day with us - he very quickly lost the extra weight within 2 weeks with three walks a day (about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs of walking/running) and 2 1/2 cups a day of kibble - Solid Gold -upgraded since then!) He was only at the rescue a few days, and fostered at the home who found him prior to that for 2 weeks. Chili certainly did NOT look like the stray he was, unless he was hanging around McDonald's! Laughing

Chili was 76 lbs in these pics. He gained muscle and slimmed down alot, and has been around 73-79 lbs since then. He was 79.2 lbs 7 weeks ago when we got Frosti. Just went to the vet yesterday and he was back down to 74 lbs (Frosti was still 49 - I used her to doublecheck the scale accuracy), since we've been giving him less treats (working on him not getting jealous and snapping when Frosti gets treats too).

We adopted him during a heat wave, so hubby stayed home the first week to watch him. He fell asleep in his water bowl!
Storm's Weight Loss progress Image023

Look! No waist! Laughing Round butt!
Storm's Weight Loss progress Image014

Crappy cell phone pic - but you can see the rolls around his shoulders!
Storm's Weight Loss progress Image004

Last edited by hollywoodhuskies on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I think Chili and Storm have similar builds! I think Storm will be about an 85 lb husky....

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:17 pm

cmanding wrote:
I think Chili and Storm have similar builds! I think Storm will be about an 85 lb husky....

Awesome, not much farther to go! Smile

I just measured his length to give you a better idea - I measured from the middle of his shoulder blades to the start of his tail (top of butt) - and it's 26". Mannn, it's so hard to measure huskies, he kept moving or wanting to lie down. hehe
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Storm is longer...he's about 28" from base of his neck to base of tail.

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next