It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Honestly, I hear that one is perfectly fine for huskies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Oh one other thing that I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, HVD's are a great way to check your dog's skin. I've found a tick on Elara before while I was drying her that I would never have found without the dryer, because it was in such thick fur. The dogs at the doggie day care I work for get to go swimming everyday. We find ticks and fleas on them all the time that you just don't see without the HVD.

High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
MrsCody09
Newborn
Newborn
MrsCody09

Female Join date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:55 pm

This looks amazing and I wish I could use something like this for Kodi but for some reason he is TERRIFIED of hair dryers, vacuums, shop vacs.. ! Darn!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Give him time and he will probably come around. My boy was terrified of the HV dryer (and vacuum) in the beginning too and now he's content to lay down and fall asleep while I'm blowing out his coat with the dryer. He just needed time and reassurance that it was not going to hurt him. He's also come a long way with his fear of the vacuum.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I know this is a old post but is it worth getting a k-9 mini for just one husky? I would really like one to help with his shedding and to keep the hair down to a minimum if I just give him a quick blow everyday. But would it be worth it for me since i will only have 1 dog?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Absolutely! I only have one husky and I would not want to ever be without an HV dryer.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Can u tell the difference of hair in the house after unuse it.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:13 pm

That depends on several factors, but yes it does help decrease the amount of fur in the house, but then again so does brushing. I find that I get more fur removed in less time with the dryer than I do with brushing.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Chiviri's mum
Newborn
Newborn
Chiviri's mum

Female Join date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 am

I decided on the B-Air II. With the costs of school and my animals I cant afford almost $300 or more :/ Im still pretty excited, itll be a christmas gift for my lovely. Ill probably wont get it till january because I still gotta save up a bit and then have it mailed. Thanks you guys for helping me choose, I didnt even know HVDryers existed for dogs until I got this forum lol
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 am

Hi! I am new here and was referred to this forum from some of my High Velocity Dryer customers. So I may already know some of you! I am a manufacturer's distributor for K-9, Metro, EZ-Dry and GTS High Velocity Dryers. I highly recommend the Mini K-9 and the K-9 II. I have the K-9 III for my Newfoundlands.
My breed is Newfoundlands now, but I had a Husky many years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300837805364?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300838483154?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Back to top Go down
http://Www.LynnsGroomingSupplies.com
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Sound Bay Newfs wrote:
Hi! I am new here and was referred to this forum from some of my High Velocity Dryer customers. So I may already know some of you! I am a manufacturer's distributor for K-9, Metro, EZ-Dry and GTS High Velocity Dryers. I highly recommend the Mini K-9 and the K-9 II. I have the K-9 III for my Newfoundlands.
My breed is Newfoundlands now, but I had a Husky many years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300837805364?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300838483154?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I actually purchased my K9II from you, however most recently the hose attachment has ballooned up and finally broke last week. I don't think it's even been a year since i've purchased it. Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Sorry to hear that, Kristina! That is very unusual as the hoses usually last forever with normal use. Please PM me your purchase information and I will contact the manufacturer about a replacement hose.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Sound Bay Newfs wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Kristina! That is very unusual as the hoses usually last forever with normal use. Please PM me your purchase information and I will contact the manufacturer about a replacement hose.

I actually found the information from when I purchased it from you on Ebay and sent a message there Smile Thanks! I thought it was unusual.

Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm

I just heard back from the manufacturer, Kristina, and they are going to send you a new complimentary hose!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Oh that is just awesome! This week and a half without it has made me realize how much I need it! LOL

Back to top Go down
Superdave
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 am

Sorry about bringing up an old thread, but I've spent the last few weeks contemplating picking up an HVD, and this looked like the best place to ask about one. I have a Husky, a Chow Chow and a Belgian Malinois, and I've got my heart set on one of the K-9 models. The only reason I haven't ordered one yet is that I'm stuck between the mini and the II. It seems like everyone who has a mini LOVES it and highly recommends it, but generally they also say they'd get the II if they had it to do over again.

Do I really NEED a II, or will the mini be good enough? I have the budget to get either, but it's nice to save $100 if I don't really have to spend it.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 am

Personally- if you have the room and the cash to spend... The II really is worth is.

Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am

It is best to buy the most power for a dryer. Then you will never have to upgrade. Having more power saves drying time. Here is the link to the K-9 II. It is a good choice for you as the Chow can have a very thick coat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300865045370?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 am

You'll probably be happier with a II. I have a Mini and I love it. I find it plenty powerful and I much prefer the smaller size and lighter weight which makes it more portable. I don't travel with it or anything but I do put it away in the closet after each use, so it's smaller size and weight are a huge plus for me. My hubby wishes we'd bought the II, but I am glad I ended up buying the Mini. If I had it to do all over again, I'd still get the Mini. If size and weight were not a concern for me then I would definitely get the II. I just know that I already find the Mini a pain to lug around so if I had a II then I'd probably use it far less simply because I wouldn't want to be bothered getting it in and out. That's my reasoning for my preference anyway, for me it's not just about power and I do feel that the Mini has enough power for a sibe...if it didn't then I would have replaced it with a II long ago because cost is not an issue.

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm

I just got a double k challenge air, per the rcommendation of some members of my local husky club,,,it's fantastic,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Superdave
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Ok, I was going to pull the trigger on the II, but I saw that it draws 17A. Can anyone tell me if it has a standard plug on it? All of the outlets in my house are standard 15A.

EtA: In case it comes up, all of my receptacle wiring is 20A rated...just the outlets are "15A". So I'm good there.
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Superdave, the K-9 II will be fine with regular household outlets. The K-9 III can be a problem for some and sometimes the outlet has to be upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Ok so im doing some research on HV dryers and i was looking st some specs.. K9 mini air volume is 89CFM and air speed is 32,329FPM.. The K9 II is 218CFM and 59329FPM... Then i was also looking into the double k 2000xl that i never heard of.. My gfs mom brought it up to me.. I had a hard time find specs on it but i did.. And i dont know if they are right because the air speed is so mch lower at 9,753FPM and air volume was a little higher st 124CFM.. Does anyone know if air volume plays a important factor and do you guys think the 2000xl speed is right?
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Ok so im doing some research on HV dryers and i was looking st some specs.. K9 mini air volume is 89CFM and air speed is 32,329FPM.. The K9 II is 218CFM and 59329FPM... Then i was also looking into the double k 2000xl that i never heard of.. My gfs mom brought it up to me.. I had a hard time find specs on it but i did.. And i dont know if they are right because the air speed is so mch lower at 9,753FPM and air volume was a little higher st 124CFM.. Does anyone know if air volume plays a important factor and do you guys think the 2000xl speed is right?

That sounds right. Double K dryers are not that powerful. The K-9 II is the more powerful dryer over the Mini, so worth the extra dollars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next