It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Britt09 wrote:
haha yup shelby is 4 months Smile she sleeps all day and wants to play at night. she stays up till 11 sometimes barking and not wanting to go to sleep lol

Haha, same here! Kody will drive Mya nuts at 10:30pm when she's ready for bed. He all of a sudden gets the urge to howl in her face till she plays with him for a little and then they both go to sleep. I don't mind that, but the mornings...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Britt09
Puppy
Puppy
Britt09

Female Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 pm

haha shelby use to wake up at 4am everyday but we started feeding her later so she would sleep longer.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLuvver
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyLuvver

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:00 am

So, what we tried was ignoring her and verbal discipline. We would ignore her when she would start and I would walk out to my landing in the foyer and yell down to her NO and then go back to the room and repeat. When she stopped I would finally come down. I was held hostage in my own room the first few days of this for about 5 hours until 10am before she would stop.

Since doing this she hasn't howled since. We started right around the time of my last post.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 am

I love this time of the year because when Adobo & Biko insist on waking me on weekends at 4:30AM I let them out the door into the kennel then hit the sheets for another hour of sleep.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:50 pm

430AM!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:05 pm

What time do you let those dogs crash at night?? We are late night / late sleeping people. Our little buddy hangs out with us until mignight or 1:00am sighing and huffing because he wishes he was asleep. Because he goes to bed so late, we often have to wake him in the morning. This morning Bob was waking him at nearly 10:00! His crate is in our closet and, even on work mornings, Bob can move around in the closet to get his clothes and shoes while the dog either continues to sleep or barely opens one eye and peeks at him.

I hope things get better for you... I would die from lack of sleep for sure!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Well I'm normally up at 5ish during the week (M-F) unless I give them an early morning walk then its 4:20AM. We hit the sheets for the night any where between 8-10PM as neither Beth or I are night owls. I'm an early bird but on Sat. and Sunday I do try to sack out until 6AM.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 am

I'm so jealous of you early birds!!! I'm so not a morning person. Actually, I'm not in a good mood AT ALL until after I've had my coffee and showered..LOL.
Back to top Go down
tesla
Newborn
Newborn
tesla

Female Join date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Tesla wakes me up every morning at 7-7:30 by nuzzling my face as if to say "ma, I need to pee and I need to pee NOW!" She does her business like clockwork- I think she works best on a schedule (probably has something to do with the shelter's dog walking schedule!). Good thing I'm more of a morning person. I do find myself trying to crawl into bed earlier, as staying up late makes it more difficult to get up and I know she'll be wanting out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangehusky.deviantart.com
Shii
Newborn
Newborn
Shii

Female Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:30 pm

We found a way to get Dexter to sleep in... Dexter sleeps on the floor normally on his own sheet, and wakes at around 6... We walk him, and when we get back home we crawl into bed.. for a while we trie dignoring him but it got worse and worse...

So now we made a deal... and Dexter sleeps in our bed from 6:30 till we get out of bed Laughing
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Haha Kristina...Dexter is too cute! Kody sleeps with us the entire night so at 530/6am he's up and ready to go!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am

OH MY GOD!!!! This needs to stop! Kody has decided to wake up at 5am for the past 3 nights and refuses to go back to bed!!! He normally wakes up at 7am so WTF is up with the 5am! My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 85993 I gave him a bone, his frozen Kong, a toy and NOTHING! So frustrating when he's barking and crying right in your ear! Then he wakes up Mya and she joins in. Ahhhhhh!

Not only did he wake up at 5am, but he also pooped in the room! I didn't take him out when he woke up because I don't want him to get used to going out at 5am! He's not having any tummy issues so it wasn't that either.

I got so frustrated that I dragged him in his crate and that made it worse. Talk about being loud. Seriously, I'm going to go to Walgreens and buy some ear plugs and as of tomorrow morning he's going straight in his crate if he wakes up at 5am. I will let him cry/bark/whine for hours if need be.

I'm so mad at him!!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Melissa, does Kody stay in a crate in your room when you are at work? My two sleep in my room at night, un-crated but while I leave for work, I put Willow in her crate in the breezeway. Dakota gets free roam of the house but he always stays in the breezeway by the garage door waiting for me to come home from work. This has worked to my advantage becuase on weekends, when they get up our usual work week time, I take them out to pee then feed them. Then I give Willow her kong in her crate just like I do before going to work and this allows me to go back to bed for another hour or two. I always find them both sound asleep when I wake up the second time. Maybe if you crated Kody somewhere else besides your bedroom during the day he won't realize you are just going back to bed instead of work on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Hmmm, I've never thought about that Mindy. Yes, Kody's crate is our bedroom, but they both sleep loose in our room. Well, most of the time. Sometimes Mya just prefers to sleep on the couch so we just close the door and let Kody sleep in the room. She does wake up at 6am though crying at the door like saying "hellloooo, I'm feeling left out here"...LOL.

The thing is that since Mya stays locked up (loose) in our room I don't know about moving Kody's crate elsewhere. They spend the day together. If hubby is willing to give Mya free roam of the house then that might work. I know she won't do anything destructive. She's over that! If he agrees then we'll try moving Kody's crate.

Thanks for the advice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm glad my dogs are like me and don't function till noon. It's funny if I get up before then they look at me like I'm nuts and won't eat, just go back to their kennels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 pm

My dogs are lazy 24/7. On weekdays I do get woken up to take them out and feed them at 4:30 when Rogue hears Jarod's alarm clock, and then on weekends she'll get me up between 7-8:30 to feed and take them out. But both dogs go right back to sleep after that.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm extremely jealous of you both right now. Just hope you know that..LOL!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Koda use to whine and wake Jarod up to take him running at 4AM when he was like 8 months.. we hated him, lol. Thankfully that was short lived.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Lol embrys had this 9am alarm clock this week, that was done after I went in and hit a pillow against his crate silent when we don't kennel him he's fine and sleeps till whenever but once in a while he marks the house
Back to top Go down
explosive_panda
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:04 am

Mine will wake me up to my alarm clock time even if its off, almost on the minute. I am such a heavy sleeper that if it doesnt go off I dont get up. He also has his walk times programmed in now, he will sit next to the door when its his walk times, occasionally he will plop the leash in my lap.
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:45 am

Faolan has an internal alarm clock for anywhere between 6:30-6:50...which is really annoying because my alarm is set for 7 on weekdays. Its like "Really, dog, you can't wait just a little longer for when I'll get up and let you out anyways??" Good thing is, if we put him back in his kennel after we take him out to potty he will go back to sleep for a couple more hours. In fact he is sleeping on the floor right now after getting up at 6:45.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 am

Legend_of_Faolan wrote:
Faolan has an internal alarm clock for anywhere between 6:30-6:50...which is really annoying because my alarm is set for 7 on weekdays. Its like "Really, dog, you can't wait just a little longer for when I'll get up and let you out anyways??" Good thing is, if we put him back in his kennel after we take him out to potty he will go back to sleep for a couple more hours. In fact he is sleeping on the floor right now after getting up at 6:45.

Ha, Kody does the same thing. My alarm is set for 7am and normally he'll start waking me up at like 640-ish. So annoying!!! You know what's funny though? Totally being sarcastic here BTW..lol. I get up take them out to potty, they play for a few minutes while I'm preparing their food, they eat, and then if I DON'T attempt to go back to bed he'll go curl up on the bed and go back to sleep. If I DO he'll be going off for hours. He just wants us up whether he's sleeping or not. Ughhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

MelissaI wrote:
You know what's funny though? Totally being sarcastic here BTW..lol. I get up take them out to potty, they play for a few minutes while I'm preparing their food, they eat, and then if I DON'T attempt to go back to bed he'll go curl up on the bed and go back to sleep. If I DO he'll be going off for hours. He just wants us up whether he's sleeping or not. Ughhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Kody's evil plan of kicking you out of the bed so he can sleep in it is working! Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!   My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My dogs have built in alarm clocks!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2