It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sleeping problems... maybe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luchismoda
Newborn
Newborn

Sleeping problems... maybe Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping?    Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi! We adopted our first Husky in January so she’s almost 6 months old. She’s so full of personality and boy is she vocal!Wink my question is around sleeping. She wakes up between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning.
Some background: we do crate her. She’s usually in bed around 10 pm. We also exercise her - a long walk in the morning and another in the evening with play in the middle. We pull her food and water by 7 pm and take her out for one last potty right before bed. We’ve had rescue dogs but not a puppy before so I’m not sure if this is normal and will last forever??
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Luchismoda
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi everyone! I’m new to this and posted in the new member forum. Then found this one so I opted to post here too! We’d love advice on sleeping. Here is my original post:
PostSubject: Sleeping? Sleeping? EmptyToday at 8:14 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post Report post to moderator or admin Lock post for new reports
Hi! We adopted our first Husky in January so she’s almost 6 months old. She’s so full of personality and boy is she vocal!Wink my question is around sleeping. She wakes up between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning.
Some background: we do crate her. She’s usually in bed around 10 pm. We also exercise her - a long walk in the morning and another in the evening with play in the middle. We pull her food and water by 7 pm and take her out for one last potty right before bed. We’ve had rescue dogs but not a puppy before so I’m not sure if this is normal and will last forever??
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Dogs are odd people and predicting what they're going to do as they grow up is almost impossible - except they really do what they're taught.

Different dogs - different people - different responses. My three go out about 10:30 PM and are crate somewhere around 11:30 PM Sasha is my vocal one and she'll let me know she wants out at about 7:30 AM - all told about 8 hours in crate.

You put yours down at 10:00 PM and she wants out at about 5:00 AM - so you're looking at her being able to hold it for about 7 hours. (( Assuming that the "I want out!" means she needs to go outside ))

I'd say that eventually she'll be more comfortable waiting for longer, but if you get up and let her out then you're training her that her boisterousness will get her what she wants. Now if her wake up time more or less coincides with your wake up time then the only problem I see is that you have a vocal alarm click - and mine can get very vocal

Will it change, eventually. Will she be willing to wait till later, probably - but it really depends on how long she can hold the bladder. On the same topic, you're going to have to encourage her (read: not let her out so quickly when she wants out)

Good luck with all that ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 6:56 am

You just decribed spider. 432am every morning she climbs on top of me and pokes me with her nose until i get up. If i dont she spitefully takes a poop on the carpet.

The pooping on the carpet is a non husky dna issue. But as for the 432am wakeup its been going on since spider was about 8 months old and she turned 4 feb 17th this year.

And im not sure if that is a husky issues, a dog issue, or a spider issue. Based on your post i can eliminate the it being a spider problem.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 am

Our huskies would bark to get us up about that time until they were about a year old... now they are quiet until 6:30 or 7:00 (unless we forgot to take them potty one last time before bed).
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Im generally in bed by 8 and the dogs go to bed then so im not surprised they get up super early. But 530 is sleeping in in my house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping problems... maybe   Sleeping problems... maybe Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping problems... maybe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1