It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my puppy a pure breed husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2017-05-01

Is my puppy a pure breed husky Empty
PostSubject: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi everyone, so I got my lovely puppy Bella two month ago and she was only at the age of almost 7 weeks.. little to young I know, I am trying to figure out if she's a pure breed, all her looks and attitude show she's a stubborn husky. She does have an overbite which is showing her nose to be somewhat longerIs my puppy a pure breed husky Image111
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Image210
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Image310
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7510
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7511
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7514
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7512
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7513
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7515

Last edited by Abaroud on Mon May 01, 2017 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Can you post some pics? That would be helpful, plus we love pics here. Smile Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 4:51 pm

thank you! edited the post, lets see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:06 pm

She looks like a pure husky to me. Different lines will produce shorter/longer muzzles. From looking at some European huskies, some appear to have longer faces, and thinner, believe FCI (European Kennel Club) states that huskies should have a fox like face. You pup is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Thank you very very much. We love no mater her breed. And yes I love her face mask and her unique attitude, I wish hr overbite lower jaw can correct itself:( and also I want her hair to grow!!

Any advice on hair and jaw?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:28 pm

She's a puppy with puppy fur, so in a year, give or take, you will know better on her coat. Some just have short coats, still double coated, just not as fluffy as one might expect. The jaw, well, I would take her to the vet and have them monitor it, some pups do fine, some need help from a vet. It may also just look like an overbite, so better face pics front on and side view may be more helpful.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 1:57 am

hi again, thank you for your reply, I have put some pictures below of her jaw front and side.. Sad i want to fix her up and get her lower jaw bigger what's the best way to correct this.. Sad

Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7530
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7532
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7529
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7528
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7531
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7533
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7534
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7535
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7536
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7537
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:07 am

Did the vet say anything as far as if they pull her puppy teeth that the jaw would have a better chance at growing more, before her adults come in? I had a similar issue with my gsd, however her puppy teeth appeared smaller than your girls, and sure enough once the puppy teeth fell out on their own whatever the issue corrected it self. Do you have any animal dentists where you live? I apologize, but I am assuming you do not live in the US. I am also not really knowledgeable with the issue. If no pet dentists are available, work with your vet, get the pros and cons, if surgery is needed, could they do surgery at the time of her spay? I feel so bad for you and her and will hop over to your other thread, I have way more knowledge with food and nutrition.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:12 am

hehe thanks you very much, the vet did say if you do take them out, the new ones can come out correectly, but i didnt want to put her through surgery that why they just trimmed the lower one's they don't even show anymore Sad but a tiny bit is left, thats why i was thinking maybe i can also get them completely extracted Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7540
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7538
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7539
Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7541

you think leaving the adult one's to push the small one's out on their own might fix this problem.. ? Sad thank you again for your lovely help.

Oh and ya.. about spaying!! I am not so sure about this.. I really don't want to do it.. as I would wish to have small puppies to look after in the future so I might let her have babbies ones and keep them.. what's your take on that?
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:14 am

Here are the tiny k9 left after trimming:

Is my puppy a pure breed husky Img_7542
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:41 am

I am going to be very honest with you, she is absolutely gorgeous, but she has too many issues that would/could be passed on to her puppies. I know that is something you may not want to hear, but typically the mouth issue is a genetic/hereditary issue. I would again speak to the vet and see if they felt this is a genetic issue. I would not want to bring puppies into this world that had the same issue, what if a person who got one of those puppies had the same issue but couldn't afford to correct the issue. Obviously your choice, but it is something I would think about and discuss with my vet, especially since at the moment you are unsure if the adult teeth come in right and if her jaw grows more or not.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Clipping teeth should help to not harm her upper pallet but I doubt that it will do much to encourage her lower jaw to grow more than it's already going to. I think perhaps the point behind pulling them is so that the baby teeth aren't causing pressure that will hold the jaw back from growing outward. I could be wrong though. That's just my take on the logistics of it.

This particular tooth issue is often genetic. If you were to track down her litter mates some of them could very well be dealing with the same issue. If she has this genetic defect then she could have many others potentially, all of which would likely be passed down to pups. And that's not counting anything unsavory you could get from the male if you didn't really do your homework on him. Our rule of thumb around here is if you aren't breeding to better the breed either to show or race then you're better off not breeding. There are many puppies out there available for adoption who really need homes if you want to have another puppy. Spaying is much easier on your girl in the long run and with all that she is going to have to go through already, why put her through the stress of pups and yourself through the mounting costs of them (which could be great if she has 10 puppies all with this same tooth issue) and with the trouble of trying to keep track of her during her heat cycles.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 1:11 pm

I will see when she's old enough to be spayed about that.. thank you very much for the details. At the moment I want her jaw to better.. you think the extraction could help? Or leave the adult ones to push out the puppy and see if the jaw corrects itself.. I don't want to gamble tbh.. if there's a 50% chance with the extraction then I would defintly do it, though it's gna cost 300-400$
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:18 pm

I would probably continue to monitor for now and keep the lowers filed short. Watch and make sure that as the teeth come in and things move that they don't lock. If they seem to be locking where her lowers sit between her uppers where if the lower jaw did decide to grow out that the uppers would be locking it where it can't then you will probably need to have the lowers pulled. Pups can grow out of a lot, but I doubt that your will completely grow out of how much it has, that doesn't mean she can't function completely normally. As long as you can find a way to not damage the roof of her mouth and she can eat comfortably then that is most important.

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy a pure breed husky   Is my puppy a pure breed husky Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my puppy a pure breed husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1