It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my dog part husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Laughing They find a way... you should see some of the Great Dane mixes that boggle my mind. Shocked

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I CANNOT imagine a Great Dane and little teeny tiny dog like chihuahua or toy poodle or mini dachsund....Oi! Shocked

Newborn
Newborn
YurixLeah

Female Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 am

Possibly some Akita in there too, the fur looks very Akita like. Maybe some German Shepherd and possibly lab too. I'm no expert but I can see all these breeds in her. She could have some Sibe in there too. She is beatiful!
Back to top Go down
jodyflrs
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 am

Seems there may be a little concensus on Akita. Thank you for the input!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 pm

I thought GSD and shiba mix when I first saw the pics. But maybe some akita too.

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
jodyflrs
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

GSD, German Shepherd. I really don't think so. I don't see any resemblances to the absolutely beautiful one we have in our neighborhood. That one has a long body, low positioned on the back legs, long narrow face and nose. My dog stands quite tall on the legs like the Akita. I appreciate the input. Your picture of your dog is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
aprilmitchem
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:52 pm

You could DNA test her if you really want to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.examiner.com/dog-care-in-birmingham/april-mitchem
jedill
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Your original post was a couple years ago but I'm hoping you'll still see my reply. I can't believe the resemblance to our dog Jasmine. They're nearly identical. We picked her up at a local shelter in California. They originally said German Shepherd/Husky mix but we've had several people including our Vet. tell us GSD/Sheba Inu.

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Img_4912
Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Img_4911
Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Img_4910
Back to top Go down
proudsoonersfan
Newborn
Newborn
proudsoonersfan

Male Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 am

I've always had such a hard time seeing the husky in a mixed breed. It always seems like the husky gets lost even if the dog is half. I work for a animal rescue and all of the husky mixes almost always look more like the non-husky half. Case in point: My dog Miska, who I know 100% for sure her mother was husky because we saw her and the pups together. Miska definitely looks more pyrenees except for the half erect ears and 1 blue eye. Otherwise, she looks and acts more like a pyrenees.
Back to top Go down
kslifter
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 am

Fiona is the lower pup, we got her about 9 months ago. The ppl we got her from live in Oklahoma and said her mom was AKC English lab, but they didn't know what her dad was. We had some issues a couple months ago and took her to the vet and he was the first one to mention perhaps she was part husky because of how hyper she was. We were trying to get her temp and such and she would not cooperate.
Since then I've been researching signs. She has shades of black on her tail and ear, her tail tends to stick up over her back when she is standing, and her coat seems thicker than Finn's (the other pup, he is 100% AKC American Lab)

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Fiona_10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Hard to say. Her eyes do have a little slant to them that could be husky-like. Hyper and black tipping could come from shepherds too. Especially Australians. My mom has a black lab/australian mix and he is a nut job and does look very similar to yours only he is pure black and not as stocky.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 1:06 pm

Australian Shepherd might make sense. This is a picture of another girl in the litter. I think I see Shepherd in her.

Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Dog_on10
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 2:02 pm

It's hard to tell in the puppy pics, but the top puppy looks standard english lab, the second puppy has a distinctly different muzzle. I lean towards boxer, which are pretty hyper, or that type of breed vs a shepherd type breed. Do any have blue eyes, that can narrow down breeds?
Back to top Go down
kslifter
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 2:12 pm

My first thought was Boxer as well, but once the vet mentioned Husky and I started looking up their traits I began thinking that breed.

No blue eyes.

And yes, she is very much English Lab with just traces of her father. I think I might work on wearing my wife down to order a breed check via dna sample. My curiosity is driving me crazy, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my dog part husky?   Is my dog part husky? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my dog part husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2