It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jo
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-12-24

23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe Empty
PostSubject: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 am

Hello,

I have not been able to get on here because of computer problems. Well our pup Chloe is growing so fast. Exactly 11 weeks now. She has been to the vet twice. She still had a bit of Giardia so another round of meds were done. Then she had a follow-up, another potty sample, and a booster. Very glad to report she is all clear of that nasty thing.

We are getting the potty thing down slow but sure. My daughter is training her to ring the bell, she knows what she has to do, but sometimes she just cannot hold it till we can get to her to open the door. I am grateful she has the idea of going to the door. When me and my daughter are not home, the men of the house are a little more lax with her. They are softies. So we have to start all over again, with the speech as we have used many times. Puppy eats, puppy has to go out, puppy sleeps, puppy has to go out.

I am also starting to learn the stubborness of Chloe, when Chloe does not want to listen, she throws that head back and bolts off. This seems to be when she has something she is not suppose to, the middle of the night potty break, she feels like exploring, we want to get back inside and go to bed, I swear the neighbors think we are crazy.

I keep reminding the softies of the house that they have to keep on top of her training, she is so cute they cannot bear to tell her anything. God forbid we hurt Chloe's feelings. Rolling Eyes Mom here is starting to feel like the bad guy.

We are having fun though, and madly in love. Chloe has a big sister, my Min Pin/Jack Russel named Peanut. These two are the best of friends. Peanut keeps Chloe in line like a momma dog, even though Peanut is just over a year old. She also has a big 9 month old Great Dane/Mastiff mix sister named Maggie, they are the terrible twosome, whatever bad Maggie does, Chloe seems to follow.

Well I just wanted to post and give updates. My one question is this. What is the best method to curb jumping, Maggie does this and now Chloe thinks its okay to do. I have not been able to break Maggie of this. Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks so much

PS: I also would like to know how to post a pic of Chloe, I am not very computer knowledgable.

Jo
Back to top Go down
Jo
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 am

Duh I feel like such a dingbat. I figured out by reading the site here how to post a picture of Chloe. So here it is.

Jo

23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe Chloe_11
Back to top Go down
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:27 am

She's adorable! I love her ear Razz

Giardia is some nasty stuff, we had a bad bout of it when Konrad was a puppy, seemed like within 48 hours my roommates cat and dog had it as well. I don't think I've ever mopped so much in my life Rolling Eyes

I can't recommend clicker training enough (for all around training, not just jumping) check out this video for the jumping, and make sure to check out some of her other videos too, it's good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_OKgQFgzw
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 am

Welcome to the forum! Chloe is seriously adorable!

For jumping, we're working on making them sit to get attention. If they jump, we correct, and then ignore them until they are seated. It takes a bit of time, but it works with older and younger dogs too. That's the rule in our house with guests too. We ask them not to pet them or show them attention unless they are both on the ground.

23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe Hailey10
Back to top Go down
sw33t_angel
Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

Female Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:42 am

Welcome!!! Chloe is too cute!!! Her markings are almost exactly like Sora's when she was a puppy!! Smile

I have been having some issues with the jumping too- I usually have treats by the door- and when someone comes over- I tell them to take a treat, and make her sit- so she is distracted by the treat, and usually settles down almost instantly! Smile

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Chloe is so cute!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am

OMG CUTE!!!!! Very CUTE PUPPPerz ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe   23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe Empty

Back to top Go down

23 Days So Far So Good With Chloe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1