It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sitting by food bowl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

Sitting by food bowl Empty
PostSubject: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Sometimes bandit sits by her food bowl. I fed her a few hours ago and she has been sitting there staring off in a distance. Not even moving. I don't think she is hungry cause she does this at random. The water bowl is full. So I don't know ha maybe she is weird like That. Could it mean anything???
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Now she is just laying there staring at me. I think she is just hanging out but I'm wondering if there is a meaning to this
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Honestly, if you don't notice anything that could be a medical concern, then there is probably nothing to worry about. She might just like relaxing by her food bowl. Food is always an exciting time so since she knows the food bowl is happy time, she may just feel happier when she lays near it.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Tony, you need to learn how to relax or you're going to have an ulcer before you're 30 (if you don't already)

Sasha's food bowl slides between just inside the living room and just inside the kitchen (she gets fed in the kitchen but the bowl moves around).  Where's she spend a good part of her time? On the floor, in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room ... and if I were really paranoid I'd wonder about her staring at me from there ... but I'm not - we quite probably are the center of their world.  We love them, we feed them, we provide a roof, we take them out for walks and sometimes (if they're in the mood), we play games.  We, who love our dogs are everything to them; they, on the other hand, have to take a back seat to our families, our jobs ... it's not fair but they don't mind .... because, almost no matter what, we are their everything.
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:19 pm

I am relaxed it was a question... I guess every question means I'm on edge now
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 am

I think he was being sarcastic, Tony. Razz
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:39 am

If it makes you feel better, Ichigo will not only sit by his full bowl, but lay down next to it. Sometimes he sleeps next to it. Then, a few hours later he eats. I just choke it up to him being a goodball. I think you may just have a goofy husky, which kind of means you have a normal husky.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:41 am

Sierra will sit in her crate on the weekends when we are home looking for food, she is good about the sad face to make us feel bad but we dont give in.

Just let her be, she is testing you. Or she really likes to just hang out there

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by food bowl   Sitting by food bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting by food bowl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1