It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My fountain project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

My fountain project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 am

Thank you Leighanna!!!

So, after my THIRD (second one kinda just "exploded" in my hand) attempt doing Malukhai and Anuschka's paw print stone, I think I finally have one I'll be happy with...it has a hairline crack going thru the middle of it (so its staying exactly where it is, haha) but overall it turned out pretty good...so my project is officially finished Smile here's how it looks in place...it doesnt match colorwise, the other stones, but the fountain itself is concrete and as this stone dries more it'll take on more the coloring of the fountain

My fountain project - Page 4 01011

close-up...you can see the hairline crack Sad

My fountain project - Page 4 00611

last pic Smile

My fountain project - Page 4 00910
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 2:56 am

It looks fabulous Jimmy sunny I like how the paw print stone is different it goes well with the fountain, like it's a part of the fountain and not the rest of the stones. Kind of a symbolic thing since the fountain really pertains to Anuscka and Malukhai and their prints lead up to it. LOVES IT!!I love you Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 3:39 am

Thank you Renee...it was actually planned that way (really, it was!! LOLOL) I coulda bought a dye/coloring additive for the cement that woulda blended with the other stones better, but I wanted this "stone" to be part of the fountain itslf. Theres still a bare spot (cuz Kohdi steps on and kills the flowers there), haha, so I may put another blue/grey stone there which I think will finish it properly.

Thank you again Renee Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Look amazing Jimmy! The paw prints are a great addition. I'm happy to also see that you got a couple pictures of Kohdi and Mishka together! How do they enjoy their new fountain area?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Thank you Casey!!! Kohdi and Mishka LOVE the fountain, here's a few pics of them...I shoulda posted these in their scrapbooks!! dunno why I didnt, but I guess I still could, haha

My fountain project - Page 4 00310            

My fountain project - Page 4 00411

My fountain project - Page 4 00510
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 am

Wow your sibes were beautiful!! I love all the flowers.. must smell wonderful! The fountain is very unique Smile I love it, great job
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:11 am

Thank you SO much!!!

They were my pride and joy...and I miss them so much.

The fountain is "unique", haha...it sounds really nice and the way the water falls is actually very peaceful though...it has some great memories and Kohdi and Mishka are giving me more...huskies and water, they love it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:22 am

Your welcome! I'm sorry, you must miss them terribly..but that's a great way to remember them Smile Hey, unique in a GOOD way! Wink All your pups are gorgeous your a lucky guy!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 3:09 am

I do miss them very much, I probly always will, but doing this project has actually helped me somehow...its just a landscaped area but the fountain has memories (Malukhai had a blast with this thing...instead of jumping ovr a small hedge the people had around it, he'd just bust right thru it each time and dunk his entire head in the water when he drank, then he'd get everybody wet, etc.) having their paw prints in front of it has given me some sort of closure, can't really explain it but it has. And...I thank you. I do realize I'm VERY fortunate, not only for the two I had, but for the two I have now.

Hahaha, I like the fountain, however, when I see it (design wise) I see a car tire, lol. Its funny too cuz the people who gave it to me told me they chose it cuz it has this whole "Zen" thing going on, she's describing that and I remember just looking at her and thinking to myself "REALLY?? like seriously, REALLY?!!! its a car tire!!" hahaha, but...the way the water comes down in a little "screen" of lines of water gives it a very peaceful feeling about it...and yet from my bedroom, it sounds like I'm nxt to a full-blown waterfall!! haha...and the way all my dogs love/have loved it, theres just something about it that makes me see that maybe she was right and it really does have this "Zen" thing going on Smile Theres even a frog that has taken up residence in it, LOL.

Thank you again, I really appreciate your messages
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 am

Here is the frog, lol...havnt seen it in a lil while though, hope Kohdi or Mishka didnt swallow it

My fountain project - Page 4 00612
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 am

Ahhh, froggy, he's so cute. He's hiding Jimmy, no worries, haha. The zen thing, I like it, it makes sense. Love the pics of Kohdi and Mishka!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:04 am

Thanks Renee!! if u look at the first pic of those 3, u will see what I mean about Kohdi's eye color...standing next to Mishka with her dark brown eyes, you will see Kohdi's are more "gold" (theres even a teenager by the highschool when I walk them that calls Kohdi "Golden Eyes", haha)
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 am

I actually did notice his eyes, ha! That's funny about the high schooler noticing
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:48 am

Awesome pictures Jimmy! I'm so happy for you! Kohdi does have golden eyes!Does he have a license to kill too? Okay I'll stop being a dork now.

I think the frog is the perfect touch. Hopefully he pops back up.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:30 am

Thank you Casey!!! Smile Kohdi has some very cool eyes, in pics, you can't really see it but in person, everyone commnts on them...anyways, ur not being a dork, lol...I let Kohdi get away with murder, kinda the same as a license to kill, yeah?? Wink (I have a very hard time getting upset with him...he's just like this big ol' baby, haha)

I'm actually hoping the frog is gone, haha...seriously!! in the summers theres one that hangs out behind my pool and OMG is it annoying, that croaking ALL NITE LONG!!! I actually went looking for it one night, in the dark...and everytime I got to the spot I thought the sound was coming from, it'd be coming from an entirely different area, so I'd go there...this went on for awhile, lol...I was determined!! but never did find it.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:07 am

I didnt think Id be posting to this again, and this Amaryllis is at the entrance to the part of the yard that has my fountain but its so pretty I had to share, haha, its just exploded in blooms this year! Im really happy about it, it looks so cool

My fountain project - Page 4 Img_0123
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:43 am

That is stunning. I love spring and all the things that pop up and bloom. I'm still waiting to see what of mine survived the winter here.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am

Thank you Jenn Smile last year there were only 4 blooms and this year it wasn't looking that good for any blooms (California is in a drought so we can't water too much) and then all of a sudden it looked like this!

And I know what you're saying, even though we don't get snow where I live, we had a couple of cold snaps and I lost a few plants...2 of them were in the actual fountain area which kinda bummed me. I hope you come out ok! And take pics! Lol, I would love this thread to be more popular, gardening is one of my favorite things to do.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Those are beautiful, Jimmy. I have a fondness for amaryllis but mine has to be potted Sad
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Thank you Amy Smile I love them, sux they only bloom once a year. I want to get some white ones, I think they'd be pretty. It's funny you say that about the pots because these did nothing in the pots, lol. I bought these in a shop as a "kit", the bulbs, some soil, and a bowl made of silver (or silver plated maybe) and for three years they did absolutely nothing. I planted them outside and first year it had one bloom, next year I think there were 3, now I'm up to this Smile

Btw Amy, that Coreopsis that you liked in my fountain area..didn't make it Sad I thought it'd come back but...nope. Winter sux, lol
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:10 pm

I am forming a love for gardening but am really new to it. My mom and grandma always have tons of plants so I grew up around it. The house we bought already had a lot of established plants so I haven't gotten to do much of my own thing with out yard. Old owners made poor placement decisions with many of the plants and now that they are maturing to their full size I am seeing a lot of crowding issues that is a bit over my head.

Seems like some of the plants we like the most like to die off on us. I have a flowering almond that I think is going the way of your Coreopsis.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:43 pm

The coreopsis - several of them these days are touted as "perennial" but really are not reliably. Do come back from seed.

Jenn - for the most part, plants can tolerate a lot of abuse, ie digging up and moving to a new spot. Particularly if you do it in a rainy season. Planting too close together is a common fault - sometimes I do it deliberately to get a full look immediately, knowing I will be transplanting in a year or two. Sometimes, I'm just an idiot. Or misinformed - as in the dwarf only 3ft diameter false cypress engulfing my back border My fountain project - Page 4 1625187496

Jimmy - much to my surprise all 3 of my amaryllis bulbs gave me a stem of 4 flowers this year. After flowering, I fertilize it every watering with half strength water soluble 20-20-20, give it lots of sun throught the summer, start withholding water in Sept, let the leaves die off and go dormant until Jan then bring it out, put it in light and water.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I have transplanted and moved all kinds of stuff. Now I'm left with the really big stuff that isn't so easy to move. I have a burning bush and a flowering almond both planted right under a bradford pear. And right in the middle of all that they put a rose, a rock, and some hyacinth. I fear trying to rip the burning bush or the almond out will hurt the pear at this point. All have been allowed to get massive. I do think I am going to dig the rose out this next season though. It will be the easiest to start with.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:48 pm

For the burning bush - you could severely prune it and keep it small. Or, do a 2-year transplant process to get a compact rootball. Slice a half-circle around 1 side of the plant - it will put out new feeder roots inside the half-circle this year (and the Bradford pear will also repair its roots in that area, too. Then next year, slice the other side. Then dig up and move the root ball with top cut way back in the dormant season. In theory the process should work with the flowering almond but I am not familiar with that shrub. The rose you can do the same thing with - hyacinths, I have not been too impressed with their longevity - they get scraggly after a few years for me.

For the rose - if it's an own-root variety, you can take cuttings and root them for a new one and then kill the old one (once you've successfully rooted the cuttings.) If its grafted, you'll need to find out if the variety is root hardy in your area.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 pm

I will have to give the circle cutting a try. Thanks. I think it will be better for all plants if they are moved. I pruned the burning bush back this spring but wasn't sure how much pruning it could handle at the size it has gotten. It's around 5.5 ft tall right now. I buzzed about 4 inches off the top just to get it out of the pear.

I don't know anything about roses. I haven't a clue what kind of rose is down there. Probably a knock out rose of some kind. Lady before me had a thing for knock outs. I'm a climbing rose person myself.

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My fountain project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next