It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My fountain project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

My fountain project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:08 pm

They "move" pretty well? or do thy have like a 50/50 chance of surviving?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
They "move" pretty well? or do thy have like a 50/50 chance of surviving?

They move wonderfully - and if you leave pieces behind, those will grow, too.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Nice!! I like plants like this...the ones that pop up then, do so randomly, which adds to that "natural" look I love so much. Thank you Amy Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 am

So I thought I would post some pics of my progress with my memorial fountain project, progress has been slow due to the heat we had but today I started putting in some autumn color, basically just some orange pansies and zinnia but you can also see the addition of some more new plants. It's getting there, haha...I think I'm done with the plantings, it will just be changing out color with each season and I havnt put any mulch down yet

My fountain project - Page 2 04510
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:15 am

A pic thru the water falling Smile

My fountain project - Page 2 05210
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:17 am

My fountain project - Page 2 05011
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:18 am

My fountain project - Page 2 05110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:23 am

and one more...with Kohdi watching from the door again, haha

My fountain project - Page 2 04810
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 am

This is indeed beautiful, a total labor of love. It looks so peaceful, natural, secluded, very much a meditation garden. I Love It!! Nice work Jimmy. Btw, quite envious, I do not have that kind of planting, gardening vision as you.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 am

The impatiens in front of the fountain are trying very hard to survive but...Kohdi keeps squishing them with his big paws, lol, when he goes to get a drink...on that note, maybe someone reading this can give me some ideas for what I'd like to have here. When Malukhai and Anuschka passed away, I had them cremated. Before the cremation, they made impressions of their paw prints for me. I'd like to place their pawprints here at the bas of the fountain, I even left a space empty for them...but...I dont want the originals to get ruined. What can I do to make "copies" of their pawprints without ruining the originals?

My fountain project - Page 2 05310
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:35 am

Thank you so much Renee...I'm trying to do everything I can to make this as peaceful, comfortable, as possible.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 am

What are the originals made out of? I'm trying to remember the name of the stuff csi's use to take tire impressions.
You have a success, I can see my self sitting there enjoying a warm breeze, sweet smell of flowers, and water running, I'm there.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 am

I'm not sure what they are made of...they look like clay, but remind me a bit of what rubber stamps are made of. My Malamute and my last Husky, theirs are made of "plaster" (I think) but these are totally different
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 am

And heres my view from the sitting area I created yesterday on the other side of this "courtyard" when the temps are in the triple digits like they have been..its shady here 100% of the day and since I made this an "addition" to the fountain area, I even put in this firepit chimney whatever it is, haha, for when the nights start cooling down

My fountain project - Page 2 05410
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:50 am

and on the table, sits my lil husky friend Smile

My fountain project - Page 2 05510
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:12 am

It's an oasis!! So wished that I lived by you, you'd be kicking me out of there daily, lol This project is grand!!!!

Going on a limb, but would wax, or playdough work?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 am

Awww, you're so nice Renee, thank you so much Smile you're welcome anytime!!!

Hmmm, not sure about wax or playdough, I want something durable...besides the elements of being outside, the fountain splashes (I never have to water those impatiens, lol) so it'd have to be something durable...but like, maybe I can do a mold from wax or playdough? im not sure, its out of my line of expertise (like many things, lol)
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 am

Out of my area as well, but that was what I was thinking, using one of those as a mold.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 am

Lovely memorial and lovely project.
I have the "clay paws"memorials for my paw prints. It is some type of moldable baking clay.
I would suggest you go to Hobby Lobby, Micheal's, JoAnn Fabrics and check out the "molding" stuff in the crafts area. You should be able to make a cast or relief or some type of mold to re make the originals. Most craft and hobby stores have this type of stuff. Just ask what the have and check out the containers some will be set by air dry and some are bake.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 am

You could also have the originals encased in epoxy resin. Or the re-casts encased. Epoxy is water proof and if it gets scratched or stained, it can easily be buffed back out with a buffing pad on a palm sander. Your project is looking fantastic.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Thank you so much Colleen and Jenn!! Smile I will try Michaels since there is one nearby...and the epoxy idea sounds perfect, but I dont want the originals outside, even though theyd be protected ,I want to make copies and epoxy them...I want their paws in front of this fountain.

Thank you both Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Wow Jimmy! Great job! I absolutely love what you have created with this project.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:43 am

Thank you SO much Casey Smile (when its finished, that great elusive pic of Kohdi and Mishka together will be taken here...and although you won't see them, Malukhai and Anuschka will also be in the pic...its gonna be the best pic of all Smile)
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:58 am

I can't wait to see the finished project. Yes it will be a perfect picture.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:04 am

I agree with Renee. That picture is going to be priceless! Hopefully you find your camera cord soon. I can't wait for the end result!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My fountain project   My fountain project - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My fountain project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next