It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire Empty
PostSubject: URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire   URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Hey forum friends... one of our own, Sam (hollywoodhuskies), saved her neighbor's dogs from a terrible house fire today.  Two of them will be fine, but Nanuk was closest to the fire and sustained terrible 3rd degree burns, smoke inhalation, high blood toxicity, and is at risk for cardiac arrest.  Costs for his care are in the thousands just for today.  All your up-to-date information can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PLEASE... if you are able to, donate.  If not, share the page on Facebook.  I don't normally get so involved in these, but house fires can happen to anyone and many of us crate our dogs for their own safety and the security of our homes and posessions.  It just tears my heart in two thinking of what could have happened and for Nanuk to have survived only to be at such a risk.... anyway... even if you can't donate, share share share.

Thank you, Sam for all the work you do to begin with.  I hope we can help with this!

ETA: For now, until the donation account can be created, please donate directly to the vet to assist with Nanuk's care: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Enter 10032123 for the account number.

Post your thoughts and support here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire   URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Here is the most recent update from Sam on the Facebook Page:

Samira (hollywoodhuskies) wrote:
Thank you all for sharing and your donations! The vet shared that they've received $1400 in donations from all around the world!

I'd love to be able to have a $0 vet bill when he checks out, as the family has hefty deductibles for their own home and contents to pay, plus security deposit on a new place. The estimate for two days was $3500-6000 and we'll get an update today. We'll likely need to add opthamplogist costs today to that as they assess if they can save his eyes.

He's stable and I'm waiting for an update from mom this morning, I'm headed here at 10 to see him and will share all of your best wishes.

The mom was overjoyed, overcome with emotion at your kindness and generosity and said that it's such a blessing! Even the vet staff is amazed and awed. Thank you all!

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire   URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Husky Nanuk, burned in fire wrote:
Update on Nanuk: spoke to Dr Son at ACC and she reported that his lungs are getting better, he still coughs up soot.
He has burn on the area over his eyes and that big burn on his back. The skin is complety burned, there is no hair and the skin has turned black now. They're applying a topical antibiotic that is soothing.
The burned skin is still attached, and they hope skin underneath grows. The risk is that if it doesn't peel off over time, it will need to be surgically debrided. If it does peel off, they will need to put special bandage on it - because there is exposed flesh. He's very tender over his eyes and over the back area, so it's best he stays in medical boarding for the next few days. The good news is that the cost goes down dramatically, to just a couple hundred a day.

Nanuk needs about another $1000 so that his parents can check out with a $0 bill and get that $1500 back on their credit card. They did pay a separate $500 when we first rushed him in. I'm hoping we can get them the additional donations before he checks out. He will need ongoing care after that, which I will get an estimate for a little closer to discharge day.

The family has been going through the ashes and cataloging their things. An inspector took paint samples, which will determine if they can salvage anything. They're still waiting to hear back from the insurance adjuster but the community has pulled together. A very nice lady dropped off boxes of groceries and dog food last night at 11 pm and a sweet little girl came by with a homemade card for Nanuk. Warning : don't read in public unless you're ok with people seeing you cry. I started crying when Nanuk's mom showed it to me. While she showed it to me, an older couple walked up and pressed a $50 check into the mom's hand. Everyone hugged. This community has become a family, and that includes you. Thank you all for what you've done!

Please keep sharing for Nanuk, it's a huge relief to his mom and dad! The website is
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] When the website asks for the account # it is: 10032123
Thanks![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire   URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT DONATION REQUEST: Nanuk Burned in House Fire

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1