It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

husky changing skin color after spaying!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katia2013
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-08-29

husky changing skin color after spaying!!! Empty
PostSubject: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello everyone, I'm concern about my girl Leyka, she got spayed a month ago and I realize the color of her skin is changing; getting darker, when I went to pick her up at the vet she was very sleepy still and they shaved her belly to do the surgery and it was very pink then, I was very worry about her surgery and her incision afterwards that I didn't pay attention to her skin at all I guess it just start to get darker than before and I didn't really notice it, her incision is fine but now is her skin that is worrying me!!!, she loves to be inside and outside as well and now that is cold out and she likes to take a few naps outside during the day, I'm wondering if it might be the cold?? or the ice she is laying on??, can someone tell me if they have a similar situation happening or it had happen? THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Can you post a picture?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Scars naturally turn a different color when cold. I don't know if you have any scars on your hands but I do and when my hands are cold they always turn dark. But I guess my question is the skin you're talking about the skin on her belly AROUND her scar turning color? Or is the new skin over where her incision was turning the color? A picture would help if you could get one. Is it only darker when she comes in from outside or is it this new color even after she's been inside and warm for a while?

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:48 pm

It's happening on her belly around the scar, and it's staying the same even went she comes back inside, she sleeps in so in the morning the color still the same!

HERE IS A PICTURE BEFORE AND AFTER

husky changing skin color after spaying!!! 20131114

husky changing skin color after spaying!!! 15366411
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:09 pm

How old is she? It looks a little like freckling to me. We have a bird dog that has similar splotches on her belly. They developed when she was around a year old from laying out in the sun and getting sun burnt. As she aged they got a little darker the same as a human who lays out at the beach a lot. Hopefully others will chime in with what they know, but that's just what it looks like to me.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:54 pm

She is 9 months and it could be but can they get it from the cold weather too?  when is super cold we don't let her out for a long time, she keeps coming in and out but since they shaved her fur she might be getting sun burn or probably the ice she lays on might be causing it,I might ended up taking her to the vet just to make sure but I wanted to see if anybody had a similar situation, thank you Smile

husky changing skin color after spaying!!! 2013-110
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh, she's so pretty. A vet visit just in case never hurts. It really looks like freckling to me but I have heard of allergies changing skin as well, perhaps if you've changed her food since being spayed or have some new shampoo for the carpet that the residue might be getting on her.

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Just looks like she's getting pigment Smile I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Katia2013
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm thinking it could be anything , I love her so much I notice everything and sometimes I make it a big deal and it always ended up being nothing serious I mean nothing at all  lol!  which is a good thing!!!. When she got spayed it was the worse feeling seen her with that cone, I think I suffer more than she did when she was wearing it, but everything always gets better, thank you both for your opinion!! and your huskies are sooo beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: husky changing skin color after spaying!!!   husky changing skin color after spaying!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

husky changing skin color after spaying!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1