It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lupine No-Pull Harness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

Lupine No-Pull Harness Empty
PostSubject: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:43 pm

I tried to find it via the search engine in the top left corner, but I didn't find anything specific on the no-pull harness that Lupine carries.

Bane is having some issues with pulling on our walks. And its really starting to get on both mine, and my husband's nerves. We have tried the whole, carry him back home, turn around, and walk back towards home (this results in chirping, and jumping up). The only thing that seems to work when we are walking Bane, and Willow together is if Bane is in front of Willow. Due to the fact that Willow, and I play on our walks (jumping towards one another, small run away while she chases me type play) Bane is often left walking with my husband. I am extremely interested in seeing if the Lupine No-Pull Harness works, and see if anyone does have one, if their precious Husky could model it for me as well.

If nobody has the Lupine No-Pull Harness, what type of harness would you suggest to get the pulling to stop? We've also tried the walk with a treat in our hand, so he stays close to us, but he gets distracted. Any help, or suggestions would be nice! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:48 pm

I'm not sure about the Lupine No-Pull since I haven't used it, but we transitioned Kai to the Walk Your Dog With Love Harness (I know, corny name), and it has been fantastic. It's a front-leading harness (I think the Lupine is as well). Kai was really bad with her pulling too, especially if she saw another dog or a wild animal. She occasionally still pulls, but it's exponentially better now. I would highly recommend it. It's also incredibly easy to get on and off.

http://www.walkyourdogwithlove.com/
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:06 pm

It's funny you posted this. I was looking at them today. We have the Easy Walk no pull harness which has helped, but the price point on the lupine is good enough that I'd buy it without feeling too guilty lol. The reviews on it are great.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I also have the Walk Your Dog With Love, I debated the lupine no-pull but I don't like how it attaches to the collar since I know my dogs would side-step it and then it'd just be tugging at their collar. The WYDWL is better attached to the body in my opinion and easier to control.
Back to top Go down
Danica
Newborn
Newborn
Danica

Female Join date : 2013-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 pm

That's the exact harness I have as well. My mom and I had my pup trained to a tee where she would walk totally fine on just her collar, right next to us, no pulling at our side, until my dad started walking her for about 2 months. We go to walk her again, as our schedules opened up. She started leaping out the door! Pulling ahead to chases leaves, wanting to run and see other not so friendly dogs or nervous dogs.

That leash is a life saver now Very Happy We are working on retraining her walk again too >.>; I would so go with the Walk Your Dog With Love harness.
Back to top Go down
Leeleebug
Newborn
Newborn
Leeleebug

Female Join date : 2013-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:14 am

I know this is an older post, but I saw it and have a little info.
a girl I talk to that has huskies, in my apartment complex, had one of these on each of her dogs. She said they were alright, but they run big. Even with correct measurements they are big, and they hang sometimes causing them to roll or trip. It can rub excessively and cause bleeding too. Kinda like when our shoes rub the back of our ankle.  
I am wondering if the correct size is found, if it is handy? She said she got them smaller and they work better than traditional leash, but not a problem solver. I wonder if the harness aids in making the training easier? If so, I want one. Apollo is starting to pull and he chokes himself. I need to find a harness. Seems like a regular harness gives home more balance and leverage to pull.

Danica wrote:
That's the exact harness I have as well. My mom and I had my pup trained to a tee where she would walk totally fine on just her collar, right next to us, no pulling at our side, until my dad started walking her for about 2 months. We go to walk her again, as our schedules opened up. She started leaping out the door! Pulling ahead to chases leaves, wanting to run and see other not so friendly dogs or nervous dogs.

That leash is a life saver now :DWe are working on retraining her walk again too >.>; I would so go with the Walk Your Dog With Love harness.
Maybe it's a different brand that runs big? I am not sure of the brand she has. I thought she might have said the lupine, but I could be wrong. So you recommend the Walk Your Dog With Love Harness, over any other?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Leeleebug wrote:
Maybe it's a different brand that runs big? I am not sure of the brand she has. I thought she might have said the lupine, but I could be wrong. So you recommend the Walk Your Dog With Love Harness, over any other?
I use the WYDWL and prefer it, I think lupine does run a little big. My female fits most 16" collars but lupines 16" collar is super loose. The WYDWL only has three sizes, so its pretty easy to figure out which one you need, most huskies would be medium. I find the WYDWL doesn't rub on the fur, nor does it chaff behind the elbows, and it stays in place fairly well.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 pm

After reading this I just bought a WYDWL harness for Layla. She currently has a step-in harness that she hates. She eats the strap in the front when not attached to the leash, as it has never been tight enough for her, and she's almost chewed it in half. She's also become afraid of the harness when we go to put it on her because she knows how uncomfortable it is. Once she has it on, though, she's fine except for chewing the front strap.

Hope this harness will help alleviate some of our issues, including pulling while walking ... though I would rather have her pull while she's in a harness. I'm hoping she will be able to tell the difference once she's older and has her X-back harness and gets hooked up to a bike or sled!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:42 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Hope this harness will help alleviate some of our issues, including pulling while walking ... though I would rather have her pull while she's in a harness. I'm hoping she will be able to tell the difference once she's older and has her X-back harness and gets hooked up to a bike or sled!
They can, obviously with mine. They don't pull in the WYDWL's but get Link's x-back on and he knows we're going to pull. Yuki uses an urban trail harness right now and knows the difference between that and her WYDWL too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lupine No-Pull Harness   Lupine No-Pull Harness Empty

Back to top Go down

Lupine No-Pull Harness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1