It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Massachusetts Meet Up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

Female Join date : 2013-09-07

Massachusetts Meet Up! Empty
PostSubject: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Not sure how many people on here are from MA. But I would love to have a meet up! Anybody interested?
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey Jon and Kara! I'm from mass too. There's a great group, Boston snow dogs, that have a big meetup group for northern breeds. They actually have one coming up at Nickerson state park which is in Brewster I believe. Google them if you'd like! Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am

Here is the flier for the Nickerson State Park meetup on the Cape later this month.

Massachusetts Meet Up! Mush_n10

There's also the MUSH group http://www.mushdogs.org/ that organizes some events and has resources and info on their site you can peruse.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 am

capellalayla wrote:
Here is the flier for the Nickerson State Park meetup on the Cape later this month.

Massachusetts Meet Up! Mush_n10

There's also the MUSH group http://www.mushdogs.org/ that organizes some events and has resources and info on their site you can peruse.

Hope this helps!

This sounds like lots of fun, unfortunately Keeara is going in for her spay the day before..boo! Maybe I can get there with just Selena....do you guys plan on going??
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

I'm not going to this one in particular but If you go on the Boston snow dog meetup site there are a bunch listed for the near future, some smaller meets and some that usually bring a bigger crowd! I'm going to the one at the end of November at Houston's pond in Milton! Where r u guys located in mass, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

Houghtons** not Houston's Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 am

laura56083 wrote:

This sounds like lots of fun, unfortunately Keeara is going in for her spay the day before..boo! Maybe I can get there with just Selena....do you guys plan on going??
Oh, too bad about the spaying! Sure, you could take Selena. All dogs are welcome. Unfortunately I won't be going, as my dog will be too young at the time (10 weeks) and won't have had her second set of shots yet. I want to wait until she's fully vaccinated before letting her around a large group of dogs. But there should be a lot of folks there with their dogs, so, as was mentioned, check out the BSD Meetup page for this and all their other events.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:38 am

I'm 15 minutes away from the MA border if that counts xD

No meet ups for me until late Winter/early Spring though... >_>
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Of course that includes you! We have people from all over who come for meetups..you'll just have to wait for one that's near you...and obv when your pup is old enough!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Ashley&Kaia wrote:
I'm not going to this one in particular but If you go on the Boston snow dog meetup site there are a bunch listed for the near future, some smaller meets and some that usually bring a bigger crowd! I'm going to the one at the end of November at Houston's pond in Milton! Where r u guys located in mass, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes I definitely have to check out BSD...While I was at the New England Pet Expo the other weekend, I met a lady with a husky who gave me a card to BSD I just haven't pulled it out of my purse. I guess I will now!! I'm in Tewksbury.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Laura, now I remember -- you had mentioned you were in Tewksbury before when I first joined the forum. We're probably about a mile away from each other, as I'm in North Billerica, about half a mile from the Tewksbury line. I believe there are some other BSD members up this way as well, so there are several events each year up in our area.

And, Aidan, of course, you are more than welcome to join us at meetups! It would be great to meet and have Layla and Dash "reunite" when they're both old enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Oh wow! Well kara and I will definitely be going to the meet in Brewster. and thank you for letting us know about boston snow dogs! We are from plymouth by the way
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Laura, now I remember -- you had mentioned you were in Tewksbury before when I first joined the forum. We're probably about a mile away from each other, as I'm in North Billerica, about half a mile from the Tewksbury line. I believe there are some other BSD members up this way as well, so there are several events each year up in our area.

No way! I'm actually on the N Billerica line..I'm a couple streets past the train station! We will definitely have to set up some play dates, we have 2 acres fenced in and always have doggie friends over Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow, that's awesome -- two acres is amazing (we have just under an acre here)! I'm literally just a quarter-mile down the street on the same road as the train station. Smile Small world, huh?
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am

capellalayla wrote:
Wow, that's awesome -- two acres is amazing (we have just under an acre here)! I'm literally just a quarter-mile down the street on the same road as the train station. :)Small world, huh?

Wow that's crazy! I guess we can walk to each others house lol. Do you have facebook or an email so we could keep in touch?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:59 pm

I'll send you a PM with the details. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:47 am

Hello, Massachusetts members! There is another Mass. Sibe-related event coming up brought to you by M.U.S.H. (Massachusetts Union for Siberian Huskies) and BSD (Boston Snow Dogs). Below is the flier for the event. Should be a great opportunity to help raise some funds for huskies in need and enjoy delicious pizza with fellow lovers of the breed.

Massachusetts Meet Up! Mush_212
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:17 pm

They're pizza is very good! I went there for a fundraiser for the other siberian husky rescue Patriot Siberian HUsky Rescue! Liz are you going t the event at houghtons pond on 11/23?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:12 pm

I wasn't planning on it but may go now that you mention it! Layla of course won't be demoing anything but it would be great to bring her just to meet the other dogs and lots of people. I love Blue Hills and used to live a lot closer to it when my husband and I lived in Dedham, so it'd be nice to return. Layla has her second set of shots and her rabies shot now, so she should be pretty good to go. I'm sure she'd really get a kick out of it. She went for her first hike (~2 miles) at Weir Hill up in North Andover last weekend and absolutely loved it.

So, I think this means I will be RSVPing yes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Yea this is usually a good one to go to! A ton of people come out..with and without dogs. You can see some of the setups people use for their bikes. John Kenny from Yankee siberian will do a talk. And bring cash cuz I think they'll have a table set up with a lot more designs from Nesto (I'm always looking for a new sweatshirt or something!) I'd love to meet ya, I'll be scoping the crowd for a puppy! Haha
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Oh, sounds awesome! I would like to find out more about setups for bikes and dry-land rigs, etc. Definitely keep an eye out for us. If you see a 14-week-old black and white puppy with a little white heart on her head and a blue leash and harness, that's us! Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Just got the flier for the Yankee Siberian Club/BSD event at Blue Hills next Saturday, for those of you who are in New England who are interested in going. I know it says don't bring your dogs but this flier was created by Mass. DCR for the public. I'm bringing Layla even though she's too young to mush. It's good to have friendly representatives of the breed there for folks to see up close, and it's also a great opportunity to meet and connect with fellow breed enthusiasts and mushers.

Please note that if you DO plan on going and bringing your dogs that they MUST be up to date on their rabies shots, MUST be kept on leash at all times and MUST be friendly, especially with small children, and tolerant of crowd situations. You will be responsible for your dog's behavior and for cleaning up after them. We would like to leave the park the same way it was before the event.

Hope to see you there!

Quote :
Annual YSHC Blue Hills Event
Saturday, November 23 1:00 pm
(if you are participating in the mushing demo, please arrive at noon; event opens to the public at 1 p.m.)

Meet at Houghton’s Pond main parking lot at 840 Hillside Street in the Blue Hills Reservation in Milton.
Call 617-698-1802 X 310 for more info.

Meet a furry sled dog up close and personal! The Yankee Siberian Husky Club and the Boston Snow Dogs will host an educational presentation on dog sledding in New England. See these canine athletes in training before the busy winter season. Demonstrations with wheeled rigs, if weather permits. Bring cameras for a great photo opportunity. 2 hours.

Please note:
This is a demonstration only.
No rides given.
Please do not bring your dog to this event ...it distracts the sled dogs. Thank you!

This is a free program sponsored by the DCR Blue Hills Reservation. Call 617-698-1802 X 310 for more information.
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 pm

I hope the event at blue hills was fun yesterday! We couldn't go unfortunately. But just signed up for boston snow dogs, and will try to go to the next event.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:26 pm

The event yesterday was awesome! Sorry you missed it, but that's great that you just joined BSD! Welcome to you and Meeka! The season is just ramping up, so it's a good time to join; there are LOTS of great events coming up. Hope we get to meet up with you guys soon!
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice to meet you guys yesterday! We were plotting out different ways to steal Layla....they'll be a lot more fun meets in the future!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts Meet Up!   Massachusetts Meet Up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Massachusetts Meet Up!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next