It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Empty
PostSubject: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

I took Dizzy out to a show this weekend for socialization, and Ceara took a very nice pic of him stacking. He's a bit stretched out, but I wanted to share. For the show gurus, what do you think about his development? To me, he looks a bit short in the body and leg, do you think he will lengthen as he grows, or will he stay that way? He seems to grow around and then up. The woman that stacked him, Jackie, also mentioned she thinks he's a bit overweight and described him as "cobby". I was thinking he was overweight as well, but a vet had said last week she thought he was too thin. Also, what do you think about his head, muzzle, and stop? I would really appreciate any feedback since I'm so new and inexperienced. Thanks in advance. I'd like to know what his faults and positive attributes are. We are going to another show this coming weekend, and I hope to get some photos of him in movement.

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Image10

Edit - for anyone curious, here is his pedigree: http://pawvillage.com/pedigree/pedigree.asp?ID=LD62FDJYFJ

Last edited by wpskier222 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 am

I can't comment on the stacking and showing questions, but I do have a comment about the weight thing. Siberians are not supposed to be "thick" dogs. They are lean, mean, running machines. As many people have noticed from here, it seems that a lot of vets aren't very familiar with Sibes and therefore you vet could think he is too skinny when really he's perfect. From your picture, I would say he is definitely not too skinny, but a "plan view" photo from above him would help to see what his waist line looks like.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 am

He's got a nice tuck in the waist from above, and I can feel his ribs okay, but he jiggles when he runs lol, he also has a super thick coat right now so that makes it hard to see too. I'll wait for the responses on the stacking stuff and then post one from above for the weight thing! Thank you for your help. Smile
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Also, even though he has fast maturing lines, he is still young. The jiggle could still be some puppy pudge?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am

Good point. Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:25 pm

I've come to the conclusion that vets definitely don't seem to know that sibes aren't supposed to be huge.

All I know is I want to hug that puppy so bad. Lol.

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Ha ha, yeah he looks like a big stuffed animal... You'll have to wait until he's sleepy to get a hug in lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 pm

I agree he is overweight.  You can be somewhat forgiven for that as he is a puppy and they do go through various stages of growth from stretched out and gangly to looking overweight in no time.  He appears to have a nice layback of the shoulder, which is excellent as that is a major problem cropping up in the breed.  I would like to see him more over his front legs, but he appears to have a good start of chest coming in. He is short of loin, but again he's a puppy and he could grow a lot still. His biggest fault right now in profile is he has no neck.  That is likely just a development phase, my girls are going through the same thing.  Nice head, nice stop, good croup and tail set.  I'd really like to see him move and in an ideal world put my hands on him.  He's a nice start for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Cato Now:

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 971983_10200127960902830_1130384411_n

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 1025699_10200133716086706_1719891315_o

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 5937_10200127961462844_1880108199_n

Cato at 8 mos on the left (notice all the fluffy coat, short back, short and the difference in front, not developed fully):

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Photobucket-27511-1348347070703_zps601bce33

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Photobucket-41391-1346122838778

5 Months (notice the short coat, obvious short back...yes I know this is a horrible picture but it's what I have):

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions P5300012

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions P5300009

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions P5300006

In all stages the vet said he was underweight - breeders I know say he is perfectly fine. I like having a trim dog. If that fat on top of his back is flopping back and forth then try to lose 5 pounds via roadwork. You need to think about walking him a lot more Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Thank you both so much for your responses! I would prefer to have him more on the trim side as well and I think Cato looks amazing! I was looking at some of Cato's puppy pix and noticed some similarities between him and Dizzy. I saw a couple people ask if he was a mal, and I get that question about Dizzy too! I was concerned about over walking him. Since I live in the city and everything is concrete, so I've probably been overly cautious about length/distance of walks, do you think its okay to do 25-30 min of walking on concrete a couple times a day at a comfortable trot for him?
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes, i think that's fine. You need to get him in shape for the ring - let him pick the pace and you will be all set.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Please upload a better picture of head - needs to be closer up of the front and side Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Okay, I'll try and get some good headshots tomorrow, we have class tonight so he'll be tired of me fussing with him by the time we get home lol. Thanks for the walk and weight advice. Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I agree that should be fine- being overweight is hard on the joints as well and he needs to be in proper condition to be shown. Some judges are not nice about out of condition dogs.

Here's my comparison Denali at 7 months-
Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 247415_10150218218516590_2667817_n

Current-
Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 46229_401930419875192_1829179634_n
Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 1001490_494580613943505_787168895_n
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Oh wow! That is a big difference in terms of weight/conditioning, Dizzy looks really chunky compared to Denali! He also looked down right fat next to Mechta, but they are so different in so many ways, its hard to compare them, he is heavy boned on top of the extra weight. It really helps to see pups at around the same age. I suspect I am over feeding and that may be causing his digestive problems as well. I was trying to get him up to 3 cups a day, but it seems like he looks and functions best on 2-2.5. Thank you both, boot camp starts tomorrow. Smile I will post some head pix tomorrow as well.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Denali developed a lot different than some show males I have seen, he got more gangly and coyote like after that photo and completely fell apart for a while. All of which is normal development and the reward is him now as a mature adult. I actually had a judge reprimand me hard for my 'out of condition' dog in a mid summer show since he was spending so much time inside he was turning into a marshmallow so I had to suck it up and get up god awful early every day to get him biked. Lesson learned! Looking forward to seeing how your boot camp goes Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:17 am

Here are a couple of updated pix... I think he looks much better in terms of conditioning. What do you guys think?

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Img_4010

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Img_4011

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Img_4012

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Img_4013

He kinda has the yoda ears happening in these pix, he's really sleepy...
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:54 am

Mornin' Jen. I can't give technical info of course but he looks better than even just a few weeks ago, yeah? Seems like he trimmed down a bit and has a nice indention at the hips.

Looks what your plan for him is working.

When you look at him from above is the widest part his ribs? That's how Link is. He's go a nice hourglass curvature and the widest part is his ribs, but I can still feel them easily.

What's the plan for Dizzy's neuter, still a go? Did the second testicle drop?
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:40 pm

His tuck up is much better - glad to see his length of body is better.

That being said, I can't evaluate much more because he is hyper-extended in the rear. Could you let him either free stack or don't place his feet so far back. It throws everything else off Smile

See how Cato's feet are not further than his rear?

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions 5937_10200127961462844_1880108199_n
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks to Ceara, I have some better pix from this weekend. I wish the grass wasn't so long so you could see his feet, but she took a great shot of him free stacked, and the two headshots. I love the last one, except he looks so sleepy lol.

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Dizzy_10

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Dizzy_11

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Dizzy_12
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:41 am

Dizzy in movement this morning at the dog park. Smile

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Image14
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:45 am

Wow, he's looking great from your last pics Jen. He's so handsome. Him and Link have very similar structures, it's so obvious now that Dizzy is catching up.

I think both of their hip, tummy, and rear areas look great. The area I'm looking to improve over the next few months is around the shoulder and back to the ribs.

Looks like Dizzy also has the wings of fur there too, so that skews everything. I thought this morning I should get Link in the tub and then take pics Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:59 am

Well, he has a neck now at least. Smile Most huskies I've seen have those wings. Freshly bathed, and blow dried, they are a lot less obvious. He badly needs a bath. I don't love his croup though, I think its too abrupt or something. I'm curious to hear what the others think too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions   Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Dizzy Stack Pic, Pedigree & Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1