It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

water dish splashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

water dish splashing Empty
PostSubject: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:54 am

Does any one else get to enjoy the dog digging to china in their water dish? Rikku's kennel looks like a mini pool...lol... and god forbid if she'll take a bath or go in the tub for this fun:facepalm: 
Back to top Go down
kmm0911
Newborn
Newborn
kmm0911

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Xena does the exact same thing. Then there are little puppy prints all over the place
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 pm

my house has become a water park for her...lol, when her dish is out of water she'll find the other dogs water and do it to theirs lol... she cant get enough of it... the gf hates it but i find it amusing
Back to top Go down
Mrs.Pickle
Newborn
Newborn
Mrs.Pickle

Female Join date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:28 pm

LadyBug does the exact same thing she loves to play in it thank goodness for tile and wood floors!!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Koda does it!! His favorite toy is his water bowl lol
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Only in the outdoor waterbowl, but yes, yes yes. It is Shaqua's favorite outdoor activity.
I think I have posted about this before....

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t9940-digging-through-water?highlight=digging+water

CavingSiberian wrote:
Shaqua LOVES to "dig" in her water bowl. Has since she was a pup. She doesn't do it to the small water dishes that I use inside, but the big buckets are free game (and yes, including those at the dog park). I think it has to be a husky trait. I've heard this is common from many husky owners.

water dish splashing 205456_674693242741_6334284_nwater dish splashing 207488_674693482261_2133601_nwater dish splashing 217337_674696406401_4845752_n

Another thing I've noticed about water- When she drinks out of the small water bowls (the ones she will not swim in) she drinks the water against the edge of the bowl, making it look like she is licking the side of the bowl while she drinks.

Does anyone else have a siberian that drinks water against the side of the bowl???
Back to top Go down
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

Male Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Nanook does that if the bowl is on the ground. We found that out when we had some friends over with their boxer and had the water down on the floor (he'd walk over tip it over and walk away). We have his actual water dish attached to the side of his crate and I haven't seen him dig at it while it's here. He will "dig" with his nose and try to splash water on his liver when I don't sear it for him (he's been in a picky mood lately about how he gets his liver). Putting the water bowl off the ground might help discourage the digging if it bothers you.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:47 pm

haha its far to cute. and i couldnt tell ya if she drinks out of the side, because she the second her water dish is down, the water will come flying out haha
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

Male Join date : 2013-07-07

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 pm

This is Ajax's favorite thing to do at the dog park... "Hey, another dog is trying to drink water.  I'll just go over there and splash all of the water out of the bowl for them."

The vast majority of Huskys at the dog park do this.  Weird
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Yeah, the other day someone brought their husky pup with them to the bar. (Ha ha, it was on the patio, but hey!) and they put a bowl down for water. The pup had it empty within minutes everytime they refilled it by playing in it. It was their first husky and I told them it seems to be a breed trait.

It was so funny because I was sitting there and when they walked in I immediately held out my arms and said "Oh my I HAVE to hold your puppy!!!". I don't even know the guy but he just plopped his puppy in my lap and I played with her. Oh puppy fever soooo bad...

Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 pm

come to michigan, my puppy will get rid of your puppy fever lol...cute for ten minutes then the house goes silent and you know something is not right.... demonic baby lol...
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Mine use to dig in the water bowls CONSTANTLY! Thankfully, it stopped and now they only dig in water outside.

Hayden before :

Back to top Go down
f8500
Newborn
Newborn
f8500

Male Join date : 2013-06-18

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Kobe does the same thing! i had to buy him a different bowl, and now i only put enough water as he needs if he sticks his paws in there i take it away. He also loves to go inside the tube and play with the water from the faucet.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Loki only does it outside, though inside dishes are raised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: water dish splashing   water dish splashing Empty

Back to top Go down

water dish splashing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1