It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What made you decide to show?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

What made you decide to show? Empty
PostSubject: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi everyone, I have been reading through all the posts related to showing and wondered for all of you who do show your dogs what was it that made you decide to? I have never showed a dog and never considered it either but I have found myself wondering about it recently and if perhaps it would be a fun thing to do with my boy. As Orion gets older and is spending less time napping and more time with me I am starting to look into activities for us to do together - agility, sledding etc and just wanted to find out more about the show experience from those who have done it. I realize that by no means is every dog show quality and to be honest I have no idea if Orion would be or not I was just curious Smile
Back to top Go down
erikaeasy
Newborn
Newborn
erikaeasy

Male Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:29 am

We've been strongly adviced by our breeder. She even takes him to show with her dogs.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 pm

I haven't totally decided I want to show, I went to my first one yesterday as a spectator and left my puppy at home. It's something I'm thinking about as well. I am starting conformation handling classes with him in about 3 weeks, and that combined with attending to watch I think will help me decide. It's something I'm interested in, but I haven't been able to sort out yet exactly what's motivating that for me, lol. If I actually want to do it, or if its an ego thing ha ha. I'm not sure what its like where you are, but I have heard that here, it's very competitive and political. If you breeder shows he/she is probably the best resource for getting information and maybe even finding a mentor. You can attend shows with him or her and get an inside scoop on what's what. I think it's sort of a cliquish and hard to break the ice group. Luckily,there is another forum member near me that is working to show her dog, who is a six month old puppy, that I met up with yesterday. She's gotten to know a few people and I got to hang out with her yesterday. It was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks I went to quite a few shows when I was researching different breeds and what would be best for me - I never thought I would end up with a sibe! I think it was the bond that seemed to be present between the dogs and their people really stuck with me.
It is quite competitive but I'm quite competitive too lol so that doesn't really worry me Smile
I have been trying to find conformation handling classes here but there are none Sad
I will have a chat with my breeder and take it from there luckily for me she not only shows but is a well respected judge here so I will take Orion and get her thoughts, for all I know he may not even be of show quality...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 am

It sounds like she is a great resource! Post some pictures of Orion when you have a moment. Smile I'd love to see him!
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Absolutely especially since she is only 10 minutes away Smile
I definitly will when I get a chance it would be interesting to get some opinions of him since his lineage is strongly american. Sibes are still not a "big" breed here in NZ so we do not have the variation you guys seem to so I just love looking at pictures on this site!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide to show?   What made you decide to show? Empty

Back to top Go down

What made you decide to show?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1