It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

Male Join date : 2012-10-25

Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) Empty
PostSubject: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Nikko's always been great with his raw feeding and eating organs. But the past like month and a half, every time I feed him organs he throws most of it up a couple hours later, and sometimes has some runs too. He's never had this problem. It's with all different organs he's always eaten just fine. All from the exact same source, and all frozen to kill off anything that may be on them. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Maybe they had a bad batch of something? Did you check with the suppliers to see if anybody else was having a problem? Around Nikko's age, we had to start feeding Stark partially frozen organs because he wouldn't eat them any other way. He loved dehydrated stuff too... Those could be possible venues to try...
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:39 pm

I have not contacted the supplier. He won't touch em if they're raw. Usually I give it to him completely frozen and he eats it up. Today I seared the livers a little and he ate em, then proceeded go vomit them up 2 hours later..
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am

Any thoughts anybody?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 am

Are you feeding more than you usually do? And have you contacted your supplier?

What I would do is head to your grocer and pick up jut a package of something to rule out if its related to the batch you have. Most grocers at least sell liver. Both chicken and beef.

If that still causes an issue I would cut down on the amount.

If its still an issue, take him off organs for a week or 2. Try again. Small portions. Very small.

Are you using organic or grassed organs?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 am

About a month ago I did give him a big portion, about 2lbs of beef lung, and that was the first time it happened. After that I gave him a week and tried a smaller amount. I usually feed around 1/2lb servings. I gave him about 2 weeks before trying again with about a 1/2lb. Same issue. I think it's grass fed? It's from hare-today.com
I'll have to try some chicken liver from the store and see how he does.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Was that the first time you gave him organs (the 2 lb instance)? That's a LOT to give to a dog at one time... Try doing what Kristina suggested, and start with tiny amounts.

Also, contact the supplier. On the off chance that it was a bad batch, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to recall the stuff before they have a bunch of trouble on their hands.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah wow that's a LOT!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)   Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding) Empty

Back to top Go down

Throwing up his organs... (Raw feeding)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1