It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kyjen hands free walking belt??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Kyjen hands free walking belt?? Empty
PostSubject: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E7CSkD_K8I

Saw this video surfing around and I am intrigued.

To me, the belt looks a little...lacking. Not really sure what I am trying to say here, but it just looks like it is missing something. Has anyone heard anything about this belt??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
huskyowner7
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

Last edited by huskyowner7 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

That's what I thought as well. Very cheap and flimsy looking. Not sure I would trust it with two of my girls on it. Thanks for your input!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm

+1 for the Alpine Outfitters belt. It doesn't have any of the pockets or anything, but it's very strong and well made. Pippa nearly knocked me off my feet one time when she saw a deer before I did, but it held strong. It does loosen a little as we run, but it's super easy to tighten back up.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Yep, love my Alpine mushers belt and jogger leashes! I couldn't walk all 3 of mine if it wasn't for it! It's very sturdy. I too have had mine lunge because they saw a squirrel, dog, cat, etc and it held strong. I totally trust it!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 am

It seems a little lacking in strength as well. I use a SASS walking belt, very strongly made and connects in the center to a big locking carabiner. I walk all three of mine on it (102 pounds of dog) and it handles extremely well. It's even got the built-in shock absorbents. I like the Alpine walking belt as well, but I am not a fan of how the snaps are on the two sides as with 3 dogs it can be a bit uneven nor that they are rings that you have to snap the leash onto.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 am

ive had great experience using the Nordykn belt. it offers two rings either on the front or right/left sides depending on what works best for you. Ive got the one with two side rings which works well but if your only walking one dog on it i would suggest getting the one with front rings. i know they can customize the belts too depending on if you need a pocket or more rings ect.

http://www.nordkyn.com/
the one i have is the 2 inch wide belt skj2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyjen hands free walking belt??   Kyjen hands free walking belt?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kyjen hands free walking belt??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1