It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Yay! Good job ladies!! So glad you both have healthy, handsome men now!

weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:56 pm

weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 67239_1638810738426_1481501051_1633335_6050737_n

A photo for reference!

And woo hoo Val! Maybe Dakota donated some to my Koda.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:57 pm

wow koda looks great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Thank you! Smile He was on a raw diet up until about 1 1/2 years old when I couldn't do it anymore due to not being able to buy bulk when we moved in an apartment.. tried kibble, 433943 million kinds of kibble, and could NOT figure out why he was getting so sick. I found Ziwipeak, which is dehydrated and is just meats with no carb source, and that worked wonders and he began packing on the lbs(I fed him what a 75lb dog should eat on it so he'd gain) along with a home made raw meal twice a week, but now I use the primal mixes or grinds 2-3x a week. We have a freezer at my mom's where we are at until summer, but we have too much food to fit bulk meat in Sad I can't wait until I move out again and can purchase a huge freezer so I can do prey again!
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm

i need to find a good place to buy bulk around here...grocery store meat is just wayyyy too expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 pm

On an old forum we had a link to a place where you could find local butchers that sold bulk for feeding, but I don't remember what it was Sad

Not sure if you have an asian market, but usually they sell meat cheaper.
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Milo weighed 38.5 lbs today before he lost his man hood and got micro chipped. He is around 5 months old
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh yeah, Sioux got 106 lbs on the vet's scale when he got his rabies shot. That's eight pounds less than April and still about 10 from what I want for him. Coco is next with her distemper shot and exam in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

Female Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:42 am

Jasper was 10 lbs at his 8 week vet appointment. He is 9 1/2 weeks old now.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:15 pm

Coco got 89.5 lbs on Friday at her checkup. Guess that's two pounds lower than what she was in April according to their records. She's one strong muscular doggy.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Makes for one intense alpha dog to handle though. I have only met one dog to ever make her submit, Bubba (when he scruffed her with his teeth and flung her over upside down). Otherwise this Malamute is one helluva project, very delicate and reactionary beyond normal levels. Only I am allowed to dig in her ears or pry at her back feet. Scary dog really, I don't get it. 90 pounds of business.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Well, suspicions confirmed....Mika is way overweight @ 75# today. Shocked
I knew she was up there, but wow! Dr. Lindsey wants her to lose at least 15#. So strict diet, no treats! Now to convince the neighbor lady, Sadie, that her NOT getting treats is a good thing! I put her back on the low-fat Eagle Pack 2 weeks ago. If she's not lost some within a few months, then he wants to put her on the Hill's R/D.
He said it could take up to 6 months to get her down. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Aww, poor Mika. It does take a while to get them to lose weight. When my boy had gained some extra weight in the summer of 2009 I switched him from Evo regular to Evo Reduced Fat kibble along with Innova Reduced Fat canned food. He got to eat the same amount as he always did (so he didn't feel starved) but he still lost the weight he needed to. Over the period of two months he lost about 3 lbs which was excellent. Now that the weather's cooling maybe you can get Mika out for some extra exercise as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:36 pm

That is the plan! I think 60# is still to big for her, but Doc thinks that's a good weight with her build. If we can lose the 15#, I think we'll be happy with that!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

Mya is up there too =( She was at 72lbs a few months ago and we switches her food as well and she's getting an additional walk a day. I haven't taken her to get weighed, but she does look a bit thinner to me. Plus a few people that hadn't seen her in a while and came over recently mentioned that she looked thinner as well. I've cut down on her treats as well...not totally out, but cut down Sad
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 pm

We went back to pet smart on sunday to weigh the pups. now we take them to the same store to do this but they moved the scale. both of them have lost weight.
in Aug when i started this thread
Sierra was at 59 and yesterday she weighted in at 54lbs
Jack was at 56 and is now 53lbs

does that sound right? could the scale be off either b4 or now?

yes sierra has been on a reduced cal food and getting less then a cup but is 4lbs a lot to lose in that time for a dog?

now Jack we have not changed anything about his food and he is down 3lbs?
something does not seem right about that.....

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 pm

August was a hot month and the dogs were probably getting less exercise because of the heat. You're now completely through fall and have had some good exercise in there. I'd say it's not impossible that the dogs lost that much weight. It only took Hailey 4ish months to lose 5lbs.

Then again, it's petsmart, so the scale could just be off too. I wouldn't worry about it Smile

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Like Tori, I wouldn't be too concerned. The scale could be off but who knows. My sibe lost 3 lbs in 2 months so for Sierra to lose 5 lbs since August sounds fine. Good job Sierra! Ours typically lose weight in the winter since they get out a lot more which is happening a lot lately. Once the cold sets in I generally have to increase their portions to account for the extra calories burned.

We use the Wii Fit Plus to weigh our dogs, it has a dog weighing section that tracks and records the dogs' weight which we take full advantage of. It basically calibrates itself between each weighing. It weighs the person first then it tells you to pick up the dog and stand on the scale holding the dog. It automatically subtracts the humans weight and gives you the difference which is the dogs weight. There have been a few instances that the weights came back a bit suspect. We just started over and after it recalibrated the weights came back correct. I just hate it when it tells me I lost weight and then I find out it was off and it turns out I didn't lose any weight at all...or worse, that I gained. silent

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 pm

I took Mya to get weighed a Petsmart today and she lost 4lbs. Woohoo! She was at 72lbs and now at 68lbs =)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Yay! Keep it up Smile

Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Mira was 41.8 Lbs 2 wks ago @ 6 Months old
icon Is a WHole 9 Lbs Today 8 Wks Old
I love you
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Koda wrote:
Yay! Keep it up Smile

Thanks!!!! I knew that she had lost some, but I didn't think that 4lbs! I'll be happy if she gets to 60lbs =0)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Congrats and keep up the good work. Our boy finally lost the last pound we've been working to get off, he's finally back down to his ideal weight of 55 lbs! So happy! Very Happy

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

embry's at 51.3lbs and has been for a few months Smile

weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 20f51lu
weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 39889_1373101499662_1595520224_31003327_8345185_n
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Congrats and keep up the good work. Our boy finally lost the last pound we've been working to get off, he's finally back down to his ideal weight of 55 lbs! So happy! Very Happy

Awesome! Congrats! How much was he weighing before?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   weigh - Weigh in... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next