It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 pm

This thread makes me feel a whole lot better about the plastic film that Ghost got the other day. He just grabbed it out of someone's recycling that was at the kerbside waiting to be picked up.

We're lucky that he doesn't go for things in the house, but on a walk he is hunting and scavenging the whole time. I often feel that he is trying to drag me in the ditch. He will suddenly want to climb a tree to get a bird (but he doesn't get very far, he needs to practise his tree-climbing skills!) or run across the road and pounce on a mouse. The bear scat he ate the other week was the worst; for days afterwards we had to remember where it was and start to pull him away well before we got near it. That bear must have eaten something very tasty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Decuervo
Puppy
Puppy
Decuervo

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 pm

So far this month;
Anushka has discovered the pecans littering our yard and decided that they're delicious and has made a few meals out of them. She caught and ate a lizard the other night. She's chewed up her crate insert. The kids plastic animal toys. A couple of socks. And maybre a shoe I haven't been able to find.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Decuervo wrote:
So far this month;
A The kids plastic animal toys. A couple of socks. And maybre a shoe I haven't been able to find.

Ugh, I know the feeling with the socks. We've had a few scares! Please be careful with the kids toys and the socks too. That can cause BIG problems if she actually swallows them and it causes a blockage.

Kody ate, not one, BUT TWO, of my husbands work socks when we first got him. He finally vomited them out, but we were about to rush him to the ER pale
Back to top Go down
Eurith
Puppy
Puppy
Eurith

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Two days ago I purchased a crate mat for Koda to cut the noise his claws make when he shuffles at night & such. Today I wake up to find the cover ripped off, orthopedic foam chewed w/ chunks missing, and a zipper missing-all of which I happily got to see later. That was $40 wasted. I figure next time I'll just hand him the two twenty's and call it a day lol.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Eurith wrote:
Two days ago I purchased a crate mat for Koda to cut the noise his claws make when he shuffles at night & such. Today I wake up to find the cover ripped off, orthopedic foam chewed w/ chunks missing, and a zipper missing-all of which I happily got to see later. That was $40 wasted. I figure next time I'll just hand him the two twenty's and call it a day lol.

In that case, I need to just hand over $120 to Willow! She is on her third bed. I keep buying them becuase she prefers a bed to the floor but something will crawl up her butt one day and she decides to eat it. I'm really hoping she grows out of that. This last one has lasted longer than the others, but it does have a missing corner.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Thank God Ghost doesn't go for bedding and whatnot. We've had several destroyed stuffed animals and we've had to take a few socks from her, but she's generally good about not eating stuff in the house (except puzzle pieces). The only real problem with inside is the cat food. We don't want the cats on the counters so we have them up on the dining room table (we almost never use it), but Ghost has figured out she can stand up and reach the cat bowls anywhere on the table. Crazy dog.

Outdoors she LOVES the acorns that fall in our yard, and she is obsessed with cigarette butts. Those, unfortunately, are all over the place around here. Use an ashtray, people... We've gotten really good with drop it though, so we haven't had too many issues.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Decuervo
Puppy
Puppy
Decuervo

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Decuervo wrote:
So far this month;
A The kids plastic animal toys. A couple of socks. And maybre a shoe I haven't been able to find.

Ugh, I know the feeling with the socks. We've had a few scares! Please be careful with the kids toys and the socks too. That can cause BIG problems if she actually swallows them and it causes a blockage.

Kody ate, not one, BUT TWO, of my husbands work socks when we first got him. He finally vomited them out, but we were about to rush him to the ER pale

Thankfully she doesn't ingest them. She just likes to chew and shred.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 pm

The living room rug!

Thank god we hate it.
But how to protect a new one?
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 Bodi_r10
Back to top Go down
The1930sRust
Puppy
Puppy
The1930sRust

Female Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 pm

"You don't know nuthin'". If you wanna talk about eating things, get a Beagle! Seriously, Violet loves to chew and eat stuff. I've found all kind of foreign matter in her poopies. Plastic. Paper towels. An eye from a stuffed animal. A kitten. Is there anything a Husky can't pass?
Back to top Go down
http://www.darklightimagery.net www.pbase.com/darklightimagery
The1930sRust
Puppy
Puppy
The1930sRust

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh, and pepper spray is a great deterrent to chewing... works on our rugs, and couch, and yard, and.....
Back to top Go down
The1930sRust
Puppy
Puppy
The1930sRust

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Violet LOVES pecans too!

Decuervo wrote:
So far this month;
Anushka has discovered the pecans littering our yard and decided that they're delicious and has made a few meals out of them. She caught and ate a lizard the other night. She's chewed up her crate insert. The kids plastic animal toys. A couple of socks. And maybre a shoe I haven't been able to find.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Neo looooves the couch cushion. The only reason why i havnt thrown it away is because i dont want him to chew anymore up. We just stuff it and fix it. I left for work the other day and he was mad at me. I told Brad he was going to chew the pillow because he was mad. Thisis what I look forward too when I make Neo mad.

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 Couch_12
Back to top Go down
Camber
Newborn
Newborn
Camber

Male Join date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 am

Does anyone else's dog try to open the refridgerator door? Camber does, she see's us open it and she tries to open it. She's also trying to open other doors. She'll stand on her hind legs and try to turn the knob with her mouth. I'm just waiting till she opens the refridgerator and finds herself a meal of leftovers or something, lol!

She ate part of my shoe yesterday and destroyed a pillow. I used to bring a snack or something into the living room with me while I watched tv, not anymore. She can take it from me before I can tell her know. These dogs are definately not for the impatient. Love my husky pup though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dels1
Gary29
Newborn
Newborn
Gary29

Male Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 am

Skye ate next doors fence on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 am

Well, I think Kody ate the head of a stuffed toy. I'm hoping that's not the case, but being that I can't find it anywhere...I'm thinking that's a yes. Just hope he tore it up and ate it that way and not whole Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 am

MelissaI wrote:
Well, I think Kody ate the head of a stuffed toy. I'm hoping that's not the case, but being that I can't find it anywhere...I'm thinking that's a yes. Just hope he tore it up and ate it that way and not whole Evil or Very Mad
Perhaps you need to watch Kody at all times when he has a stuff toy or anything else you don't want him eating. I would hate for him to eat something and then have a blockage that needed surgery to remove Sad

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

cmanding wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
Perhaps you need to watch Kody at all times when he has a stuff toy or anything else you don't want him eating. I would hate for him to eat something and then have a blockage that needed surgery to remove Sad

I'm with you on that! We gave him the stuffed toy locked in the TV room with hubby while Mya had the other toy in the living room with me. I told him to watch him carefully and within 3min that I went in there to check if he was actually watching him he had taken the head off! Apparently, I can't trust hubby watching him! All of these things happen because of him. So pist! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:23 am

And Ghost finally wore out her good this morning. Normally she starts howling to be let out of her crate around 0630, but this morning never made a peep. Instead, she decided to rip the stuffing out of her bed. What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 1625187496

She just went on a nice long walk with Aaron.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sasha & Bayleigh
Newborn
Newborn
Sasha & Bayleigh

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm pretty sure Sasha ate one of the ridges off a ball similar to the one on the right of this pic yesterday:
http://gormetdogtreats.com/popup.aspx?src=http://gdt.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Product/large/Super-Tough-Balls.png

The toy was always left with the dogs when they went to the boarding place. When they came out, the thing had a huge hole in it, and the vet said there wasn't really a lot of extra pieces around. I'm hoping she didn't swallow anything.
Back to top Go down
4BangenRange
Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 pm

The newspaper. Josie must have not liked yesterdays paper today. And she killed her Sock Monkey i bought her last month at Petsmart Sad. She hasnt done anything like this in a long while. But i think she got mad at me for not spending time with her like i have been the past week. Went in the garadge to work on the motorcycle and dirt bike today and came back in to find this....

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 387717_10150945071495301_844735300_21439759_1200738096_n

All that even after i took her on a nice run this morning. Maybe shes just saying she is ready to go on a further run now.
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

I went out to get the mail yesterday, came back to this. A charming combination of the stuffing from the pillow he shredded, some shoes, trash, and a few pieces of laundry he managed to pull from the hamper.
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 388381_10150351903695677_617255676_8520486_1779815918_n
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 386537_10150351916610677_617255676_8520563_2038416216_n
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 388204_10150351915895677_617255676_8520558_1961089235_n
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 pm

OMG! lol Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

affraid And this was just while you went to check the mail?!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 pm

OMG, it is amazing what they can get into in a short time period.
What a mess. affraid
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 pm

WOW!!Dante, missed his mom, i have been there!!!

Kevin, Sierra is a fan of the news paper as well, mostly the color ads scratch guess they taste better

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next