It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:43 am

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/23/20664879-kentucky-woman-67-believed-to-have-been-eaten-by-her-own-wolf-dogs?lite

Did anyone happen to read this article? The describe the dogs as "wolf dogs" but many of them look husky. Just a sad situation that she would keep so many....
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am

That's horrible ...
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

Oh wow. This is just tragic. Sad

I know there was a similar story several years ago with another woman who had several wolf-dogs / hybrids. I think in that story, the dogs killed the woman. :/

bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

Male Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 am

The dogs didn't kill the woman! Read the article!!!! The woman was reported to have said she wasn't feeling well (by her neighbors). They hadn't seen her in a week and was later found deceased. Some of her dogs were found dead, some in cages and others starving. It's MUCH more likely (given the details of the story) that she died and the dogs, starving, ended up consuming part of her to survive.... I'm not trying to sound callus or mean I just hate it when people just read the title or bits of facts and jump to conclusions based on that without actually being fully informed (not saying you did this it's just something I hate).
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

^ I was talking about a different story that happened in 2006 with the last bit of my comment.

I do read articles all the way through before I comment on anything. The article the topic was talking about was about a 67 year old women who probably died from natural causes and with that many dogs running around free, I'm sure they did get hungry and ate her body since they had no other means of food.

The previous instance from 2006 showed that the women died from multiple soft tissue wounds and that part of her had been eaten.

Make sure you are reading people's comments correctly before making judgements yourself. Smile

EDIT:

This is the other story I was talking about: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/westmoreland/womans-body-found-in-pen-of-9-hybrid-wolves-442468/

I didn't have time to find it since I was getting ready for work and just popped in and remembered the previous story.

ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:25 pm

^ wow, that's sad that the were looking for the pups to euthanize as well in that case.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:42 pm

This makes me mad. That lady had TWO previous offenses, yet was still allowed to have all those animals. If they said she could keep 25 dogs if she speuters them...did no one check on those animals?

It's too bad those animals had to eat her to survive, but I think this shows a big problem with animal abuse and loopholes in the system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow Ashleigh...I don't even know what to say about that article.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm

ohmygosh those poor puppies Sad i don't understand why animal control never follows up on people with past offenses...so upsetting to see things like that. hopefully those hybirds get in the hands of a rescue so they don't have to deal with the wolf hybrid label
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Is it bad I never feel that sorry for people in these stories? Kind of curious why neighbors did not call sooner about that many dogs on someones property.

Nicole - I think some look husky too. Wondering what they look like all cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:58 pm

bttlsgtmajor wrote:
The dogs didn't kill the woman! Read the article!!!!
I don't think anyone said the dogs killed the woman here...

Anyways, I just don't like how they are calling them "wolf-dogs". I just doubt they are that breed... And I agree, why was she allowed to keep them after so many violations of animal rights? Obviously they were still reproducing and were not fixed if they were very pregnant and lots of puppies were around.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 pm

She should have been put in jail long ago and never allowed to own a dog again. She was raided a few times in the past. Just terrible the condition she kept those poor dogs in.

KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 pm

I agree, I feel no sympathy for the people, only the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 pm

The kentucky group posted about this, someone also gave the link to her record as well. I just can't feel any sympathy for her, I'm glad those dogs no longer have to live in those conditions.
http://www.adoptahusky.com/cruelty/crueltytrial.htm

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:36 am

Was this a puppy mill situation, or hoarding? That record is astounding!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:56 am

Jen I think it was hoarding...since she kept the dogs and they kept breeding with each other. I feel bad only for the dogs in this situation, that woman should've never been allowed to keep dogs after her first incident. And I don't believe that this was a case of someone who just wanted to "save them all" she wasn't saving these dogs, they were suffering in her care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?   KY Woman Eaten by Dogs? Empty

Back to top Go down

KY Woman Eaten by Dogs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-