It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Accountability thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Avocado is really good in salads too. I have a ton of good recipes, I need to send them to you. I have a mountain of work to do this afternoon, but when I get a break later tonight I'll type some up. I've found that Hungry Girl recipes are great and very simple. A lot of her stuff uses processed foods though, and I've modified a few to use more natural stuff.

I think a blog is a great idea! One of these years I ought to start one, I just feel like I'd post like crazy for a couple weeks and then forget about it.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Accountability thread - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:08 pm

I use myfitnesspal.com also! Not because I need to loose weight, but I just like tracking what I eat and making sure that I don't go over board. Ladies, if you have it, send me a friend request and make your food diary public. It's also a great way to stay accountable since you know people can see if you're "behaving" or not Razz My username is fortunalis8. I haven't tracked in a few days, but I'm starting insanity tomorrow and following their nutrition guide so I need to totally be on top of my calories!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:35 pm

I haven't tracked in a few days either. LOL. I am starting fresh tomorrow, because I'm going to start using a trainer at the gym. Smile

My user name is stxtiffersz

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:45 pm

I've added you both. This makes me nervous because now you have access to my embarrassing numbers but this will make me even more accountable! I just found out they have it set up so you can blog on there as well so I will use it when I need to vent my frustrations.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 pm

26nikita wrote:
I've added you both. This makes me nervous because now you have access to my embarrassing numbers but this will make me even more accountable! I just found out they have it set up so you can blog on there as well so I will use it when I need to vent my frustrations.

Haha! No kidding, I can't fool myself now! LOL!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Got your friend requests! Very Happy You have to make your info public to friends though. I think that you have to go to Settings and to diary.

Edit: Actually, I can see your diary Mindy, but not Kristina or Tiffs.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm

I fixed mine!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Feel free to tell me when I need to adjust things. Like I said, healthy is new to me. Day one has produced a massive headache!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:25 pm

I added you Tiff and also you Mindy!

Should be able to see mine now...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:
I fixed mine!

Oh, there it is!

26nikita wrote:
Feel free to tell me when I need to adjust things. Like I said, healthy is new to me. Day one has produced a massive headache!
Don't worry. It gets easier. Trust me Smile

arooroomom wrote:

See your profile, but still no food diary Sad

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 pm

OK NOW hopefully. I got confused w/ profile and diary lol

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm

arooroomom wrote:

Accepted!

Boy there is going to be no choice but to stay on track now! LOL!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Now I see it Kristina!

And Mindy, yep, no choice. I will check up on you every once in a while Wink
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 pm

So I had my first full day of no processed foods and I forgot to grab my lunch for work. I had just got done preparing it not 10 minutes before I left. Accountability thread - Page 2 1625187496 I had to go to the grocery store over lunch and just grabbed a bunch of fruits/veggies. Despite this, the day went well. I didn't start feeling hungry until about 3pm so I was pretty happy that I wasn't starving all day. Since I stayed away from the processed/heavy carb stuff I barely broke 1000 calories. The only problem with that is, my fitness pal scolded me for too few calories. I'm not sure how bad that is since I got a bunch of fruits/veggie servings in AND I got 8 full glasses of water in already. Right now I am searching new recipes...
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Yay Mindy!

I stayed under my calories, and earned back 400 calories working out. I even was able to run today. It was only half a mile, but after at least 10 years of not being able to even run an 8th of a mile, I was pretty stoked!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 am

26nikita wrote:
Since I stayed away from the processed/heavy carb stuff I barely broke 1000 calories. The only problem with that is, my fitness pal scolded me for too few calories. I'm not sure how bad that is since I got a bunch of fruits/veggie servings in AND I got 8 full glasses of water in already.

The issue with staying under 1200 calories (after exercise is taken into account) is your body will go into 'starvation mode.' Sort of the same deal as an anorexic but obviously not as severe. The setback with this though is if you continuously are going under 1,200 calories, once you go back to a semi-normal caloric intake, you gain weight back very easily and all your hard work ends up for nothing. Last year I ate about 1500 calories a day, but I'd go to the gym every day for 2-3 hours and burn AT LEAST 900 calories so I ended up getting screwed once I went back to normal eating habits when my husband came home from training.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 am

Hmm...well I definately don't want that issue. So then I need to add something else in to my meals. I'm getting plenty of veggies/fruits and meat. I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough dairy as well. Should I throw in brown rice?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 am

I try not to worry too much about that, if I'm not hungry I'm not going to make myself eat to get to a certain calorie goal. But if I am hungry after dinner and it's not late I'll sometimes have a frozen banana covered in chocolate. They're natural and pretty calorie friendly at 120 calories. They're called Banana Babies.

I just looked over your diary and I would try to eat the higher fat and higher calorie meals towards the beginning of the day since your metabolism does slow over night.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks Kristina! I will work my meals out so the heavier stuff is early in the day.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Heather gave you a great bit of advice on the daily calorie intake. Not much more I can add about the 1200 min. intake, as that is the same thing I had to hammer into Beth's head back in January when we both decided to lose weight.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Heather gave you a great bit of advice on the daily calorie intake. Not much more I can add about the 1200 min. intake, as that is the same thing I had to hammer into Beth's head back in January when we both decided to lose weight.

It turns out I did reach 1200. I had selected the wrong eggs in my breakfast. Once I re entered that it was no longer scolding me for not enough calories. Smile I added a banana to todays breakfast to help boost todays counts.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:54 pm

A full banana or orange can add 100 calories! Any time I was falling under I just added in a banana, orange, or something of the sort to add an extra 100 or 200 calories. I just wanted to stress to reach 1200 even after workouts because it is really hard on you when you work so hard and then it all comes back- as even if you eat to maintain and not lose or gain, it still ends up coming back. Booking at least 20 hours at the gym a week and eating well and then gaining it back so easily was devastating!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Heather! wrote:
ooking at least 20 hours at the gym a week and eating well and then gaining it back so easily was devastating!

Yeah, I definatley do not want that to happen! I have done the yo yo thing for too long.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Mindy, are you tracking your cardio too? If you are, you gain calories Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Mindy, are you tracking your cardio too? If you are, you gain calories Smile

I'm not tracking the dog walks but when I add excersice I will start adding that in there as well.

I'm pretty happy with myself. I had to meet friends at TGIFriday's tonight and I got the Petite Sirloin with Veggies as my side. AND I only ate half of it! It was really good and now I have leftovers for lunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accountability thread   Accountability thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next