It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Los Angeles!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrw2121
Newborn
Newborn
Andrw2121

Male Join date : 2011-11-28

Greetings from Los Angeles!! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:50 am

Hi. Finally getting around to introducing myself (I've been reading this site for months, not sure how I would have survived raising a puppy husky without it!!). My name is Andrew and I am the proud parent of my first husky, Kodiak... he goes by Kodi though. Kodi is now 7 mths old and is the best thing that has happened to our family. I can't wait to share our adventures with everyone. And for those of you who have time to kill, I've posted a link to Kodi's latest photo album below.

https://plus.google.com/photos/111705100263564120466/albums/5693291955362854513

Thanks =)
Andrew, Mike, and Kodi

wave
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:53 am

Welcome !! I'm a fairly new member as well, and also from LA! Kodi is adorable! I love the pic of Kodi & the rose....sooo cute! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:57 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Andrw2121
Newborn
Newborn
Andrw2121

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:07 am

Thanks, haha we didn't actually take that pic so I can't steal the credit... My friend who had the litter posed the puppies for pics. The Christmas picture was also taken by her.

Where in LA? We should try and meet up and let our huskies wrestle and play. Any favorite spots you guys like or recommend? We live over near the Barrington dog park in west la, so we usually go there to let Kodi burn off some energy. There are usually a few other huskies when we go.

Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:33 am

I'm actually from Torrance which is close to LAX, but I'm always driving around your area because there's just more things to do haha. Definitely down to meetup for our huskies to play !! Luna doesn't have any husky friends Sad I usually take Luna to the El Segundo dog park, but when I get the chance to i LOVE taking her to Laurel Canyon dog park, it's HUGE!!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:06 am

Welcome! wave
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:57 am

Welcome!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Greetings from Los Angeles!! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Welcome, love your photo album glad to see someone else takes loads of pics lol, really cute pup!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:51 pm

wave Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:10 pm

wave Welcome!!! Kodi is gorgeous! I have a Kody too, but that's just his name. No abbreviations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:28 pm

welcome wave what part of LA? i just arrived in riverside about two weeks or so ago and have come to find their are tons of Huskies out here! I tell owners about this forum all the time. Its been a little crazy with moving and all but i would love to try and set up a meet somewhere around here. let me know if your interested or know of any meets our in the surrounding area. look forward to talking to you and all the other Southern Cali. owners
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:53 pm

cbhart wrote:
welcome wave what part of LA? i just arrived in riverside about two weeks or so ago and have come to find their are tons of Huskies out here! I tell owners about this forum all the time. Its been a little crazy with moving and all but i would love to try and set up a meet somewhere around here. let me know if your interested or know of any meets our in the surrounding area. look forward to talking to you and all the other Southern Cali. owners

I go to school in Fullerton, but from LA and would love to meet up with you as well!!!
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:01 am

g0tmus1c wrote:
I go to school in Fullerton, but from LA and would love to meet up with you as well!!!
YAY !!!!! how far is Fullerson from Riverside?? and what would be halfway? do you know any good dag parks
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:15 am

Fullerton from Riverside is about 40 mins on a good traffic day...but we could meet halfway which would be somewhere around Corona! I know a good dog park in Irvine called Central Bark Dog Park that's great but that may be a bit too far from where you are...not sure about any dog parks halfway but we can always experiment and see which ones are good!
Back to top Go down
Andrw2121
Newborn
Newborn
Andrw2121

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:24 am

g0tmus1c wrote:
I'm actually from Torrance which is close to LAX, but I'm always driving around your area because there's just more things to do haha. Definitely down to meetup for our huskies to play !! Luna doesn't have any husky friends Sad I usually take Luna to the El Segundo dog park, but when I get the chance to i LOVE taking her to Laurel Canyon dog park, it's HUGE!!

We love going to Laurel Canyon Dog park. I'll message you our info so we can try and plan a play date =)
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:30 am

Andrw2121 wrote:
g0tmus1c wrote:

We love going to Laurel Canyon Dog park. I'll message you our info so we can try and plan a play date =)

Yayy! how exciting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrw2121
Newborn
Newborn
Andrw2121

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:52 am

cbhart wrote:

West LA, over near where the 405 and the 10 meet. I'd love to try and get a group together!!! We've been to a few of the dog parks in the area... barrington, laurel canyon, santa monica, and they are all great. We almost always run into other husky owners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Los Angeles!!   Greetings from Los Angeles!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Los Angeles!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-