It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Aspen's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 pm

I love the pics! so cute!!! and you got such well behaved huskies! I imagine part of it is your own calm energy! Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
I love the pics! so cute!!! and you got such well behaved huskies! I imagine part of it is your own calm energy! Smile

I think you're right. I can't speak for Aspen because I haven't met her, but Willow and Piper are just the sweetest girls Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Awww they all love each other, so cute! I'm glad it all worked out for you guys!

Thank you! I am very pleased with how well they all get along!

shaina&indy wrote:
they're all so precious together! You can't split up the 3 Musketeers! Sad Aspen is gorgeous and Piper is getting so big!

Don't worry, there will be lots of playdates when Piper moves out with my son! Smile

jbealer wrote:
Ah thats so cute! S&J go to the same beds at night to, that is if they are not on our bed!!!!

I loved having them sleep on the bed but all three of them keeps me from a good night sleep so I had to make new rules for now. I was afraid it would take them a long time to switch to their beds but it took less than 5 minutes for them to understand that's where they were sleeping now.

Flhuskylover wrote:
The girls are getting along so well!! That is awesome news!!! Love the trifecta photo Smile.

Thank you!!

MelissaI wrote:
OMG THIS IS ADORABLE!!!! I got Mya a new bed since she's actually been sleeping on the dog bed as of the past few months (instead of our bed or the couch) and she still goes back to the old flattened out one. Go figure. Kody is anti dog bed! His bed is our bed. Preferably right in between my hubby and I Rolling Eyes

Dakota was funny about dog beds. The very first one I bought him, he peed on it the first night. Not becuase he wasn't housebroke or anything like that, I think he just didn't like it and that's how he told me! LOL! He started to enjoy them more when he got older but I'm sure it's because it felt better on his hips.

iceblulady wrote:
awww... they are so cute Smile

Thank you!!

blueeyedghost wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

I think you're right. I can't speak for Aspen because I haven't met her, but Willow and Piper are just the sweetest girls Smile

Aww, thanks ladies! Alot is from things I learned here. I have grown so much as a doggie parent since joining this site!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Oh Mindy, Congrats on your new addition!!! Man I need to get on here more. She is beautiful! I love that all three of them get along so well.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Thank you Dee! You have been a bit MIA lately. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes I have. My new year resolution to myself was to get away from the computer and get out more. I forgot how much fun there is to be had that doesn't include a child or dog Laughing However some things never change and dating is the same headache it was years ago. But, oh well...you only live once. One day I'll start a thread with all of the drama.....it is quite entertaining when it doesn't drive me crazy.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:41 pm

That's a good resolution and one I kinda have for myself as well. I've been allowing myself to do more withy my friends lately. Dating is not something I am ready for yet so kudos for you on that! You should totally start a thread. I'm pretty curious now! Smile
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Wow, I cannot believe HOW similar your dog Aspen looks like mine! They have such similar markings and tan spots. Also, your three look so adorable together!!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 am

NadirCs wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe HOW similar your dog Aspen looks like mine! They have such similar markings and tan spots. Also, your three look so adorable together!!!

I agree! Straight on...you can see a difference but at angles they are very similar!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm so missing my laptop! I have a bunch of great photos I want to share but can't figure out how with this kindle. Anyway, I wanted to give an update on Aspen. I'm so pleased with her progress. I really thought I was going to have a ton of work to do with her but she has proven me wrong. I feel so extremely lucky to have this girl in my life. I feel I have a piece of Dakota back, she reminds me so much of him. She is a total sweetheart and her and Willow are getting along famously! When Aspen isn't cuddling with me, she's cuddling with Willow. Photos to comein the future... She is very intune to my moods. If I'm frustrated about something, I will catch her watching me closely as if to see what I'm going to do. It's like she is analyzing me while the other two are in their own worlds. If you raise your voice around her she gets up and runs across the room to then turn and watch you to see what's going to happen next. I've had to learn to be calmer when Willow is beingbad... I say this because Willow is my trouble maker! Lol! Despite this, I do feel that Aspen trusts me! She doesn't cringe when my hands come yo fast towards her anymore. I've been working with this specifically. And when I do catch her analyzing my moods, I will kneel down and softly call her to me and she comes everytime! She has been wonderful on our walks. She greets strangers with friendlines. She has filled out some and her coat is softer and fuller. She's extremely well behaved. I never have to correct her. She takes treats so softly that a baby could give her treats! I just can't say enough wonderful things about her. She has me wrapped around her paw!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:24 pm

That's so awesome to hear Mindy!!! I'm sure Dakota worked some doggie magic up there to have her cross your path I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm just testing my iPhone pics
Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 3b3df9bc
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:36 am

I love this face!

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 E17fbb26
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:49 am

26nikita wrote:
I love this face!

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 E17fbb26

AWW!! I love you how could you not! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Just got back from the vets. The vet agreed the patch on her face looks like ZRD but he wanted to eliminate mange and somehting else, I don't remember what he called it. Anyway, he did a skin scrape and tested it right there and everything came back negative so he sent us home with some zince suppliments for a week. He said he isn't allowed to sell it, but wanted to give me some until I could buy some. Now I got to do some research on the best buy for zinc suppliments. The vet tech said it would probably be cheaper to just get regular zinc suppliments instead of pet grad suppliments. I'm gonna read up more and decide after. If I do regular zinc suppliments, I'm to give her 25 mg a day. She did awesome, by-the-way. I put her up on the table and just kept in her an hug and she was so calm and relaxed. Didn't protest at all when he was examining around her eye and even when he got the razor out and scraped near her eye. He was praising her when it was all done. She also won some fans when we were in the lobby paying for the bill. Smile I'm gonna email the lady that was fostering her and let her know becuase she homed all of her puppies so I want her to pass this information on to them since it's hereditary.

Waiting patiently at the vets
Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 09fa55be
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Be careful with the zinc supplements, its not one of those minerals where if a little is good a lot is great. To much can off set the balance of copper in the body among other problems.

http://www.allabouthuskies.com/health-zrd.html
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 pm

I found a chart on minimum and maximum amounts of to give dogs!

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659+1662&aid=718
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 pm

26nikita wrote:
I found a chart on minimum and maximum amounts of to give dogs!

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659+1662&aid=718

WOW! Learn something new everyday. I'm shocked by the zinc amount listed for dogs.

Dr Oz says, the recommended daily allowances for men and women are 11mg and 8mg respectively. (I thought it was 15-20)
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I wish I had taken more pics of aspen when I first got her cause I think she has filled out alot and her coat is so much healthier!

The day I got her...you can't see it but her tail was so pathetic!

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-02-11172038

Here she is today. I've had her 7 months now.

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 5B1048D5-13EC-4D86-B120-B080CA5D69B5-24203-0000149C78B86BD0_zps6044bf1e

Look how skinny her tail was...

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-02-11162058

Her tail now....

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 75843310
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 am

I love that goofy face of hers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

This girl loves her pillow.

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 6EBB68C8-9D72-4F29-AD00-CA851640AECD-9772-000002F12553B7A1

She didn't like that the cat took her spot on my lap. Smile

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 51BA2623-1258-4B9E-A8FB-12D6C5B588BE-9772-000002F11C6C181D
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 am

Today was the first family event I have hosted since getting Aspen so I wasn't sure how she would be. She still has a fearful side of her that I'm still working on. Anyway, Since we have several small children in the family and Not being sure how Aspen would feel with so many "strangers" in her house, I decided to keep the girls away in another room while everyone was here. Thankfully, everytime I checked in on them, they were relaxing in their crates. Then right before everyone left, my niece asked if I could bring the dogs out. Her son loves dogs! Willow was just too excited when I brought her out so I took her straight to the mud room and went to get Aspen. I'm so proud of her! This was the first time i have had her around a small child and a houseful of people and she was super good! She was so calm! She went right up to him, touched her nose to his and then just sat down. I couldn't have asked for better behavior from her. I just wish I can get Willow calmer around others. She loves people but spazzes out which means she misses out!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Today is the one year anniversary of Aspen joining the pack! This year flew by! Since I don't know her birthday, I'm making it today. She is 4 years old! I gotta think of something good to bring home for her to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspen's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3