It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Aspen's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:51 pm

I love the picture of your pack together! It looks like they are getting along very well. I'm glad you took her in and she'll be a much happier girl moving forward. It will just take time for her to understand that you're not going to hit her. It sucks she had to go thru that experience but at least she is with you now.

Congrats on the new addition Smile.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Awww..poor little Aspen - but the good news is she's in a great home now! Smile She's going to be so happy and healthy!

Huskies learn fast - once she learns that you don't hit - she'll adjust. Frosti still "jumps" a little when I touch her if she doesn't expect not. I don't think they hit her, but it's getting better as each month goes by!

BTW - you have to update your "owned" by! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Awww poor girl Sad I have to hold Mya at the vet also and sometimes I ask them to muzzle her. Depending on her mood. If they're putting her up on the table then recently I've asked to have to her muzzled. The minute they're done doing "stuff" to her she's back to wagging her tail and giving kisses. She's so bipolar. LOL.

I'm sure it will take some time for her to realize that you won't hit her. That's so sad though Sad Makes me so mad too!!! I got into it REALLY BAD with hubby when we first got Mya. I don't remember what she did, but he smacked her (not really hard, but still). He had never had a dog and thought that by smacking her she would "know" not to do that. It was world war III that day. I don't think I've ever lost it on him that bad. Mya ran under the table to hide and then came and gave me 100 kisses. I think that's why she's the way that she is with him. She has her moments where she loves him and the others that she bares teeth at him. He knows way better now and would NEVER do that to her or Kody, but huskies are smart. She'll never forget that. Sad.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:01 pm

I think it was harder to see her shivering in fear while the vet tech held her than it was seeing her snap at her. It was pretty hard to watch and I feel so bad not being the one to hold her. I was just afraid I was gonna break what trust we have in the short week that she has been here. I realize now, it wouldn't have. The vet tech WAS really good with her and she wasn't afraid until she had to be "held" onto. It's not like she was holding her down or anything. She was basically hugging her to keep her head from turning and snapping so I know they couldn't have done it any better. Once she realized the exam was over and she was back by my side she was back to her old self, so atleast she isn't traumatized by it. In fact, it might have shown her that the vets office is not a bad place since they were so good with her. I'm hoping anyway!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-17184127
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm so pleased with how well she is fitting in. I am constantly seeing this trio form a triangle. Smile

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-19095004

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-18173040
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:22 pm

How sweet! I love you You're not going to be able to let Piper go, don't want to break the trifecta!

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
How sweet! I love you You're not going to be able to let Piper go, don't want to break the trifecta!

I know but there is no way my son or his girlfriend will let me keep her. They are in love with her! Atleast she is staying in the family and I will get to see her when I want. I pretty much told my son I get partial custody. I wil take her on the weekends so she can see her sisters. Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 pm

They're so adorable! And both transitions have gone so well for you! Smile How is Aspen doing with the kitties?
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:50 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
They're so adorable! And both transitions have gone so well for you! Smile How is Aspen doing with the kitties?

I owe the very knowledgable people on here for both of the transitions! I was armed with good advice so I didn't screw it up! LOL!

For the most part, Aspen ignores them. Which is great! I don 't want my older cat stressed out. But that was what was so attractive about her in the ad. I loved that she had a photo of her sleeping right next to a cat and then found out she was living with 6 of them. She has tried to play with them a couple of times but all I have to say is no and she completely backs off. Willow is the worst with the cats and ever since I brought Piper and Aspen into the picture, she leaves them alone now too. Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:48 pm

26nikita wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

I know but there is no way my son or his girlfriend will let me keep her. They are in love with her! Atleast she is staying in the family and I will get to see her when I want. I pretty much told my son I get partial custody. I wil take her on the weekends so she can see her sisters. Smile

That's definitely a must! They'll play even more since they don't see each other everyday! Very Happy I hope Piper doesn't miss them too much at first. How far are your son and his girlfriend moving? If not too far maybe he can try bringing her over everyday at first, then every 2 days, etc.

So glad Aspen is fitting in so well!!!! They all look so happy I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

I think they are moving to Bloomington but probably won't pass up a good pet friendly rental inbetween us. I am eventually moving to Bloomington as well but not before they do. We will definatly do all that we can to help her transition. I really don't think she will have any issues when they are home. Colton and Kierra take Piper with them whenever they can so she is used to doing things with them without Willow and Aspen. My only concern is when she will be in the house without them. I have printed some stuff on SA so they can practice some of the tips they provide to help her. It may still be a couple of more months anyway...we made a list of things Colton needs to buy before he moves.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm not used to a cuddler. I think I can get used to this...

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-19162811
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Willow and Aspen new favorite game is playing lots of tug of war and they both love to play fetch. I thought this might cause fights but they are playing very nicely together!

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-20102044
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Awww, so glad they're getting along!!! So cute!!

Oh, and wow Willow is TALL!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Oh, and wow Willow is TALL!

She has had a growth spurt recently! I want to take a pic of her and Aspen standing next to each other looking down on them. It's a big difference!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Aspen likes to read all about your huskies! This happens almost everytime I sit with the laptop.
Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-24212316
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

I had to claim my bed back since my son moved to 3rd shift at his job and can no longer take Piper at night. I had to take this pic cause it's just cute how they all go to their own bed everynight. They handpicked their beds. Willow, the biggest out of them all chose the smallest bed and Aspen, the smallest of them chose the biggest bed! Every night they go to the same bed. It's cute...

Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-27215704
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 pm

In this pic...Aspen couldn't stand that Willow wanted to lay next to me so she squeezed herself inbetween us. Then piper started whining cause she was left out!
Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 2012-02-27210341
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Awww they all love each other, so cute! I'm glad it all worked out for you guys!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:28 am

they're all so precious together! You can't split up the 3 Musketeers! Sad Aspen is gorgeous and Piper is getting so big!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Ah thats so cute! S&J go to the same beds at night to, that is if they are not on our bed!!!!

Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 pm

The girls are getting along so well!! That is awesome news!!! Love the trifecta photo Smile.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

OMG THIS IS ADORABLE!!!! I got Mya a new bed since she's actually been sleeping on the dog bed as of the past few months (instead of our bed or the couch) and she still goes back to the old flattened out one. Go figure. Kody is anti dog bed! His bed is our bed. Preferably right in between my hubby and I Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:40 pm

awww... they are so cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspen's Scrapbook   Aspen's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspen's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next