It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I need help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

I need help! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Alright, I haven't posted for a while on here. The holidays were a little rough, I managed to chip that weight back off, and then the wedding hit. A weekend of pigging out with family followed by a full week of all you can eat and drink was not kind to me. I came back and was at something like 207 (I didn't record the weigh in immediately when we got home), so I got aggressively back on the Weight Watchers. I was able to work out for a while, but I'm finding myself having to throttle back on that again. My coach and I are working on bike workouts and other things that won't aggravate the ankle. I'm also making a huge push to get away from processed crap and meat that's loaded with hormones and antibiotics. I just don't need that shit in my body. Anyway, after about 6 weeks, my clothes are fitting way better, and some of them are even loose. I figured I should finally get off my butt and check in on this thread.

Today's weigh in: 198.6

That will drop off pretty big tomorrow or Wednesday too, I carried a little into the weekend.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

I need help! - Page 4 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Keep it up Meridith! im working on shedding the 8lbs this winter put on, i see hiking to be the solution to that issue....
hope you get that ankle working

Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

i'm not sure if anyone's ever mentioned this but have you considered doing yoga? i know with your ankle your very limited on the workouts you can do, but with every yoga move there is a low impact version where you are resting on your knee or your side instead of your ankle (these are the poses i'm more comfortable doing too). i'm 5'2" and currently weigh probably around 130-135 which is still on the higher end of my height's weight 'spectrum' but after getting a job at a hotel i gained like 20 lbs in the past year (we get 50% off the food in the hotel restaurant & local places bring us free pizza and food ALL the time for recommending their business) and just lost about 10 lbs doing yoga twice a weak for the past month. i'm incredibly lazy by the way so i have no motivation for hitting the gym for an hour or 2 lol but i do hot yoga (they increase the humidity of the room and the heat so it's nearly 100 degrees) but a lot of places offer regular yoga in a just a warmer room to relax your muscles and make it easier, it's hard at first and it really gets your heart racing but its really relaxing and you'll definitely feel it the next day.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Yoga is great but you gotta put the effort into making it worthwhile. I've let things slip over the past 2 months and need to get back at it. I remember when I first started yoga it was just like oh yeah an hour long stretch! Now it's like woah that was NICE.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 pm

My cycling coach is going to send me a yoga DVD that he thinks will help. They offer a yoga/pilates class here on base, but it's at a super inconvenient time so I generally can't go. I spend a lot of time in the pool too, which really helps.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah its great when you get started, its frustrating at first atleast it was for me when I couldn't balance or hold a pose long enough but you definitely get into the cycle of things after 2 or 3 classes. It's a bummer when the classes don't fit into your schedule, I went twice a week for a month but ive stopped going that much after I got the hang of things and I do it at home now 3 or 4 times a week and do the hot yoga class when i feel really stressed out, its $10 a class and it was getting in the way of my pedicure funds Wink
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 pm

i used to do yoga every sun at 9am then we moved and the only time they have is 7pm! no think you. i do miss it so much.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Just thought I'd check in and make a little update. 192.3 this morning, my flight suits are hanging and I need to replace 2 bras. I was wearing one the other day, and Aaron looked at me (mind you I was fully dressed) and said "is that bra too big for you?" I kissed him. I put on my size 12 jeans that are just taking up space, I got them buttoned (just barely), and had an epic muffin top. But, I used to not even be able to pull them up all the way.

sunny

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Fantastic Meredith!

You should be very proud of yourself! Keep it up and soon enough you'll be comfortably wearing those jeans!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:36 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
Just thought I'd check in and make a little update. 192.3 this morning, my flight suits are hanging and I need to replace 2 bras. I was wearing one the other day, and Aaron looked at me (mind you I was fully dressed) and said "is that bra too big for you?" I kissed him. I put on my size 12 jeans that are just taking up space, I got them buttoned (just barely), and had an epic muffin top. But, I used to not even be able to pull them up all the way.

sunny

YAY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

189.2 for the last 2 days, this is the first time in 2 years I've been under 190. I hit a little plateau there for a couple weeks and stayed right around 191, and finally busted through that this week. I'm doing some yoga and managed a short swim today. The foot was a little sore post swim, but not bad.

In other news, I was able to pull up AND close my size 12 jeans. They're absolutely spackeled to my ass, but in another 5 lbs they'll fit. Also, I tried on a skirt that my mom gave me for Christmas, that I LOVE. It didn't fit when I got it and I was really upset about it since there was no way to exchange it (LL Bean order, they wound up running out), and it totally fits now sunny

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Awesome Mer!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 am

That's awesome girl!!! Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:41 am

Keep it up! Good work. U will be rocking those jeans in no time

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 am

That's AWESOME, Mer!
Your 'spackled on' fitted jeans will loosen up in no time!!
Good work on sticking to it and breaking through that plateau!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 pm

One more little addition here, I passed my "tape measure" or body fat test for the Navy this morning sunny

I stress every 6 months about it, and actually did fail a couple of weeks ago. I hate the test, the way they do it is horribly innacurate, and I could go on for hours about it. So, I'm going to give myself a teensy little splurge tonight (ONLY tonight) and not feel bad about it.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 pm

bounce
jumping up and down for joy!
congratulations!!

Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Congrats! That's awesome! I wish I had the motivation to work out a few times a week like you do!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Ok this Topic might be a bit old but anyway Very Happy.
Meredith don´t hat eme now Very Happy but crappy genetics are mostly an excuse for not working as hard on your goal as you could have.
The key to success is a high protein and low carb diet. Don´t forget some good fats of course they are important. Sports is important too but you will only get good results with a prope rdiet.
A friend of mine is a personal trainer (in 2005 he was Mr. Universe, so he is reliable) he told me once, fat loss is made in the ktichen not in the gym.

The human body has a memory efect, so if you were in good shape once, it will be easier and quicker to gain tha tlevel again.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah, genetics are only a teeny tiny percentage of the whole thing. I can eat as well as I want, but at this point I can't regain the tone I used to have because I can't work out hardly at all right now. I was doing pretty well, but rebounded a couple of lbs after school got really intense this summer. Most nights I just don't have time to cook, but I at least try to keep stuff that's reasonably healthy in the house for Aaron to cook. My biggest killer honestly is the amount of beer I've been drinking while studying...

Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Yes alcohol is a huge problem when it comes to losing lbs because it has alot of calories.
Well if you don´t have the time for work outs right now, you gotta make the best out of the situation with healthy food etc.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm

It's not a time issue, I trashed my ankle and have all kinds of nerve and other damage. Trust me, I want to work out, I used to be super athletic, but right now I'm dealing with a lot of chronic pain that's made worse by pretty much anything. Standing for 4 hours during my organic chemistry lab is agonizing. I do yoga from time to time, and when I'm not having a bad day I'll hit the pool and knock out a couple thousand yards too.

Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Sorry didn´t now that.
Is there a chance that the pains are going to disappear one day?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm still trying to get referred to a neurologist, but the Navy medicine system is crap so it's taking a while. I get the sense that this is pretty permanent, and I've been told to expect a full ankle replacement in the next few years. I've already had it reconstructed 4 times Sad

Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I think it would be better to wait with sports until you know whats up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Diet, Exercise & Weight Loss-