It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

Female Join date : 2011-08-06

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 am

I had a booze hound once he would bite beer cans to make them pour out!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:01 pm

oh i wish ours liked to swim.... what fun you guys had at the lake!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

We call Kody the alchi! lol! Dude is seriously obsessed!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:03 am

Ghost was 16 weeks old this past week, and has more than doubled her weight in the 6 weeks we've had her. It's truly amazing how fast they grow! We were both pretty swamped with work this week, so the camera didn't get pulled out much, but we had a play date today with a friend of mine who have a lab/pit mix. They were also dogsitting for another pit bull, and once Ghost got over her initial fear of the bigger dogs, they all had a great time playing.

In the yard with Ginger and Caesar:
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_2713

Ghost and Caesar:
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_2714

Playing inside:
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_2715
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am

Initial fear of bigger dogs? They don't look that much bigger lol.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 am

I know, right? They are actually about double her weight, but not much taller. She was terrified of them for about 15 minutes, and then decided that it would be ok to go play with them. She is huge though, 23 lbs at 16 weeks. I suspect she'll be on the larger side when she's fully grown.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 am

I'm a little concerned with my Stormy being 35 pounds at 16 weeks. I've only had girls before so I guess it is normal.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am

After seeing Ghost play with friends, does that make you want to get another one? Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 pm

26nikita wrote:
After seeing Ghost play with friends, does that make you want to get another one? Smile

YES!!! I totally want another Husky, I just don't know if I could convince the landlord to let me...

So, it's been a couple weeks since I posted pictures. Nothing like work getting in the way of life... Anyway, Ghost turned 19 weeks yesterday, has graduated from puppy school at our local Petsmart, and has had several play dates and another swimming session. Here are a few pics from graduation and puppy partying:

She did NOT want to wear the little cap:
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_9210

"Mom, this looks so lame!"
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_9211

"Is this good?"
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_9212

The class plus family members (both human and dog):
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Img_9213

Ghost and her new boyfriend Caesar showing some Florida pride. Lulu decided she wasn't going to wear her bandana...
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Dscn0513

We decided to have a pool party in the middle of Tropical Storm Lee. Ghost is a decent swimmer, but we decided to use the life vest after Caesar pushed her in and she kind of freaked out.
Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Dscn0514

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:10 pm

I LOVE that second picture!!!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 pm

O my goodness!! She is the cutest thing!! That grad hat is great! lol Very Happy Congrats for graduating Ghost!!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Thank you very much for the very kind words Meredith Smile! I am sorry to hear of the loss of your cat! Sad I still have problems coping with Daytona, but it's gotten a lot easier with Bella. I can actually talk about Daytona without tears coming to my eyes now.

Ghost is so terribly cute!!! Especially in her little graduation cap!!! Congratulations to her Smile!
She has a -very- pretty face. She's going to be a very beautiful adult!! Bella would love a husky playmate Razz Should come up north IMO Very Happy!

Lee's dropped about 5 or so inches of rain on us up here in eastern PA. Easton (where I live) is right on the Delaware River. I'm about 5 miles inland on higher ground so I don't have to worry about the flooding but downtown on one of the busier streets and the bridge that connects us to New Jersey always has a good chance of ending up under water. We get hit with all of the rain coming down from New York through the water gap which puts a lot of the buildings and roads right next to the river under water when the big Hurricanes/Tropical Storms hit and at the end of winter.

And for the pooping!!! It was like all of the dogs during the storm were like "WE GOTTA HOLD IT GUYS!!!". Bella literally held that poop for about 14 hours before she finally went. I felt so bad for her Sad. Luckily today though the rain has stopped and it seems to be just a little breezy and cloudy. We're supposed to get storms tonight though.

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

You are very welcome Ceara! I always figured it would be Gremlin that went first because of the heart thing, but it was his litter mate and it was rather unexpected. I had a dream about him last night Sad I had a LOT of life changes in a very short amount of time, Schrodinger (the cat) died, 2 days later I moved across the country, and in the middle of all that got engaged. Ghost came as a bit of a coping mechanism. I had been planning on getting a husky after I moved, it just happened a bit sooner than I had originally been planning.

Dude, I've been living in the south since late '05 and I want out so freakin bad. I miss the seasons. I went to college in Maryland and spent quite a bit of time up in Pennsylvania snowboarding and whatnot. I really like that area a lot, and would totally scam orders back up that way. I want to transition from being a pilot to a flight surgeon after this tour, and Bethesda is on my short list of schools. I don't particularly care for DC itself, but I really like some of the rural areas surrounding it, like up towards Frederick and the area between DC and Annapolis.

Glad you guys didn't have any flooding! Once the storm cleared early yesterday morning, it has been gorgeous here. The humidity is mostly gone and it's been almost chilly in the morning. Hopefully we won't get too much of a warm up before fall finally comes to the FL Panhandle.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, here is to the long and happy life of Gremlin! Very Happy

You should get out of the south Razz. I'm very impartial to hot, humid and icky weather. I won't leave the northeast but if I do it's out west to somewhere like Colorado or Montana where it's still cool and they still have seasons.

DC to me is just one mess of busy, busy streets and traffic. My father drives a truck so I always hear of the horror stories of DC traffic and hours of back up going through the capital but I have heard of the very nice rural areas. You should definitely get back up here!

Thanks! I'm glad we didn't either at least not yet Very Happy. We have 5 river and flood warnings right now with a special weather statement for my area. The weather statement is indicating severe thunderstorms with wind gusts up to 40 MPH X_X. Guess I probably won't go to my class tonight.

While we were getting the rain from Lee the weather was very cool. It's about 70 degrees now but it's humid I guess? It's pretty awkward out. But when it was raining it was like 50-60. Cool enough where I went out in one of my winter hoodies for the first time since early spring! I loved it!

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 pm

I used to go insane driving from Annapolis to my grandparents in Baltimore on Friday evenings. It's 23 miles from the Naval Academy to their driveway, and there were nights it took me 3 hours to get up there. I HATE traffic.

I'm just so glad that it's no longer 98 degrees with 80% humidity like it was up until last week. There were days where I was sick getting out of the plane because I was so dehydrated from sweating buckets in all that gear. Ultimately I want to live in Alaska, Montana, or Washington but for the time being I'm at the mercy of the Navy and stuck on "The Redneck Riviera" for another 3 years...

Hope the weather isn't too bad up there, and be on the lookout for spawned tornadoes. We had probably 20 tornado warnings here over the weekend, and there were some areas just west of Pensacola that got some nasty damage.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh no! Glad they didn't hit you guys!

It just started pouring -buckets- on us, literally. I thought it was hailing at first the rain drops were so big and hitting the windows -so- hard. I guess we'll see when the storms get here how bad it really will be Sad.

Three years is a long time to go through crazy heat and dehydration just for the Navy Sad! I understand conditioning and everything but sheesh! You have earned the respect of this northern girl! I could never do it.

I have the dreams of Alaska as well. But more realistic dreams are Colorado, Montana or staying in PA. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Awww Ghost is so sweet! My Faolan is big too, he was 18lbs at his last vet visit when he was 10 weeks old, and I am expecting he is going to be about Ghost's size when we take him in tomorrow for his last puppy shots.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Holy crap, Ghost was only 12 lbs at 10 weeks when we got her. She's decided to become picky and turn her nose up at Blue Wilderness, so I think she's lost a couple lbs. She's still hovering somewhere in the 30 range.

Faolan is beautiful, btw Smile

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Okay so he went in and got his last puppy shots today and he weighed 23.8lbs at 14 weeks and a few days so he will be a little bigger than Ghost at 16 weeks
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Niraya wrote:
But more realistic dreams are Colorado, Montana or staying in PA. Very Happy

Come to CO!!! i need another PA girl to talk to about all the food i miss from the east coast Smile
all my family is in PA and i keep hearing about all the flooding and road closures... i could not deal with that. i do miss the woods and ocean though...

Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm going to for sure work on it!!! Smile Might not be for a few years though! I've already got the boyfriend convinced to move there Smile just need to get other things in order!

And yeah..our flooding it atrocious right now. The downtown part of easton that is right on the river is under water and won't be back up until tomorrow night/saturday.

Philly is underwater too.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 pm

That sucks about the flooding. Hopefully you guys stay dry...

Jenn, I'm looking to go to med school after this tour, and UC Denver is on my very short list. We'll see how things work out in the next couple years.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:28 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
Jenn, I'm looking to go to med school after this tour, and UC Denver is on my very short list. We'll see how things work out in the next couple years.

UC is who did my wrist surgery and like 15 min from our house. hope it ends up being the top of the list Wink i don't see us going anywhere if i can help it!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 pm

If I lived in Denver I wouldn't move for the world. I'd say my top 3 at this point are University of Washington, Denver, and Oklahoma University. I keep OU up there because I have a lot of friends in the area, I own a house just north of campus (thank you crappy housing market I couldn't sell), and I storm chase when I can. I'd still rather live someplace cold and mountainous though Smile

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Niraya wrote:
I'm going to for sure work on it!!! Smile Might not be for a few years though! I've already got the boyfriend convinced to move there Smile just need to get other things in order!

I want to move to Colorado too, but convincing my fiance will be a problem as he loves warmth and wants to move even further south than we are now. I absolutely hate the summer heat we have. I was born in NY and even though I moved here to NC when I was 5 I think I was there long enough to learn to hate the heat lol. I think Montana would be too far north though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)   Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost and Shadow (Updated 15 May 2013)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next