It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Family Member Finn!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WFre801
Newborn
Newborn
WFre801

New Family Member Finn! Empty
PostSubject: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Hello all!
My name is Wade and my girlfriend and I got a Siberian Husky as our first personal dog. I have had dogs in the past but Finn is the first one that we’ve had since day one on our own. Finn is 4 months old and is just a treat to have. She has a lot of training left to do but she is all that I could ask for. I look forward to interacting with all of you and can't wait to get involved with the community!

I do have a question for those of you who might have some knowledge. I was told from the people I got Finn from that she is a pure bred Siberian Husky but to me she still doesn't have that definitive "husky" look. Is anyone able to give any insight on whether she is mixed or not just by looking at pictures? Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Wade & Finn
New Family Member Finn! Finn10

Last edited by WFre801 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Welcome, I have a Finn to, we got him at 7 months, he was a hand full, getting better every day!
can you load more pics of her body, i think i see some spots.... she might be a piebald.

Newborn
Newborn
WFre801

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Here’s more photos of Finn!
New Family Member Finn! 6630a410
New Family Member Finn! 4df3e110
New Family Member Finn! 37dcc710
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm

thats a really unique coat for sure. other then the flop ear im not seeing anything that calls out other breed. those DNA test are kind of cool and not to much $$$ if you want answers.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 pm

What a beautiful puppy! The coat is so beautiful and so unique! Is her ear always flopped or is it because she is teething?
Back to top Go down
WFre801
Newborn
Newborn
WFre801

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 2:05 am

She is teething right now but it’s been flopped since she was a puppy! It did stand up for like a week or two but then flopped right back down!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am

Welcome to the forum. If she's mixed I would imagine it's a ways down the line. The coat is odd with it's longer patches and the tan behind the ears. A little boarder collie like but not enough so to say definitely a mix. Some pures are just unique. The wisdom panel DNA was pretty cheap, and you can get coupons for it to help out. You get results faster with it than with Embark. I've done both. I will say having the more extensive medical panel that comes with embark is nice when you have a dog that comes with an unknown parentage or background.

PostSubject: Re: New Family Member Finn!   New Family Member Finn! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Family Member Finn!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1