It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 am

Yep, Burgundy looks just like it. Not sure why the Dianthus in the back yard do so much better than the ones in the front. I will try to get a picture of my ugly duckling pine in the back yard sometime. It's nothing like the one in the front. I keep planning to cut it down but still haven't gotten around to it. I think if we had a grove of pines or a yard full of them I would be more inclined to shorten their skirts but mowing under one isn't so bad. Now my apple trees are going to get chopped this winter. They are too low. Dogs have been yanking the apples off the lower branches.

Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

Jenn it all looks great. Love the flowers. I might have to create a thread just so Amy Al and Jimmy can identify the plant for me!!! My beds need weeded something fierce though and mulched.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 pm

So spring might be here to stay for a little while so I thought I would get out and get some pictures of the changes made, then saw that I had some of my winter/fall plants still on my camera that I didn't get posted. There really is something in bloom or berry all the time here.

My snap dragons bloom through the fall around the same time my mums do. I have pink and yellow that come back every year.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12719521_10209696711442515_8721294468394881448_o

Black Knight butterfly bush. It got pretty leggy last year but it did bloom. Going to prune it back and see if it does better this year.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12967917_10209696711282511_7458131043557785490_o

Lime Light Hydrangea. I have two of them. They bloom in fall which is why my neighbor lady is so confused on what they are. She keeps thinking it's a strange snowball bush. It's not. I've told her this but she doesn't seem to believe me.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12971081_10209696711562518_3003997882259303940_o

Phase 3 of whatever bush this is. White flowers in spring, big thorns in summer, orange berries in fall.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 1933483_10209696711322512_1187203221594404352_o

Now to what is going on currently. The typical spring plants that I have always had. They are spreading and headed across in front of the box hedge though. Someday they will reach the purple salvia on the other side.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12967900_10209696711522517_421306560735120462_o

Wormwood. I picked this batch and another batch up last spring. This batch was protected enough that it stayed up almost all winter without issue. The other batch died down for the winter but is coming back up from the ground already. It is supposed to deter wasps.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12967475_10209696712082531_7596787638143030301_o

New peach tree I planted over the weekend. Has a funny bend from when it was once a Y topped tree but I think that will grow out with time. It is a Red Haven variety.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12963602_10209696712042530_7491008405266631097_n

Asparagus is growing amongst my daffodils. For the last two years I have been pulling up the frothy fronds that is the top of this stuff thinking it was a weed. Now that they are old enough to put up the vegetable portion more normally I see that I was wrong and they aren't a weed. No idea why asparagus were planted with the daffodils.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12968181_10209696712122532_8867450829190615563_o

New flowering almond to replace the one that died. I think I planted it too deep so I may dig it up and set it a little higher.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12670629_10209696712162533_3545860056784854840_n

Husband's silver maple he wanted.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12924607_10209696712242535_64779000422987221_n

Where once the yucca fiends stood. Now they have a new home where I will soon not have to mow around them.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12916369_10209696712882551_4797903564204157668_o

Their new home. We are building a back stop that will eventually sit between them and then I will be doing mulch or gravel that will go out from the backstop to reach them so we won't have to weed eat or mow up close to them.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 1933483_10209696713162558_5517229222432870927_o

Scarlet Doubletake quince (planted it yesterday)

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12963439_10209696713122557_7121056970302470841_n

I'm a little behind on my garden. Been building raised beds to expand the area that I had last year.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 12970918_10209696713042555_4912783074618318242_o

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Wow, Jenn...you've been busy! Butterfly bush reportedly can be pruned back hard every spring for better flowering. Don't know first hand, just what I've read (I have some on order coming in later this month.) Red Haven peaches, in my not so humble opinion, are the best ever. They are the variety I've purchased by the bushel every year for the past 5-6 years. Freeze great, great jam...juicy, flavorful...and chopped up, lightly sugared with heavy cream? Oh my, real old fashioned peach wonderful! I planted 2 last spring - they are still alive, thankfully.

Any chance the orange berried, thorny thing is a Pyracantha (Firethorn)?

Now, as for spring...we had 3-4 daffodils actually in bloom last week. The first opened Mar 30, the earliest ever. I didn't get to get a picture yet. The lilac last week was starting to fatten its buds but this is it today! THey are calling for 13° F tonight...

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 Img_0014

Your pics are much more appealing this morning lol!

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 pm

After googling Pyracantha that does look right. (yay!) The white flowers really give it away. Mine are growing in full sun and aren't climbing anything. They've been pruned into short trees basically. We had some really hot sun toward the end of last summer and they got to looking a little rough, but if they are shade lovers that could explain it.

I looked through about all the varieties of peaches our local plant shops carried and thought either the Red Haven or the Elberta peach trees would be best suited for the environment we had. Being on a hill we needed something that was cold tolerant and both those varieties seemed like they fit the bill better than some of the other varieties offered. If they can handle where you are then they should be in good shape for us.

My lilac is a few days from blooming, then it's going to be a major pruning. I did a light pruning last year and got some decent growth but the whole plant needs rejuvenated pretty bad. I am not scared to prune things (though the crape myrtles probably wish I was) but sometimes deciphering when on some of these plants throws me. I understand that lilacs and forsythias bloom on last years growth so I should prune after they bloom instead of my normal spring rampage with the loppers. lol.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:49 pm

TwisterII wrote:
I understand that lilacs and forsythias bloom on last years growth so I should prune after they bloom instead of my normal spring rampage with the loppers. lol.

That is correct...same with Rhododenron. Which is why my house is being swallowed by the rhodos on steroids lol! They bloom in early June, are ready to prune by late June. They start setting next years buds just about that time so if I prune even 2 weeks later, I'll lose the next years flowers. And June? That is pool opening, boat launching, planting tomatoes, peppers, corn, eggplant...weeding, weeding, weeding. And more weeding.

I've always like the look of Pyracantha. Don't know that it would survive well here, though.

The limelight hydrangea...that's been on my wish list. Does it really start out lime green or are the photos nisleading? I have a strawberries and cream I would love to pair with the limelight if it really has a period of green.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:54 pm

The Lime lights start out a few shades lighter green than the background on your pita pata. They are big green fluffs of flowers and then they turn bright white like my picture and eventually fade to an antique pink color before browning and drying up. As they go through the phases they begin to weep flowers and the limbs will hang down. I will try to get pictures of it in all stages this year. I have one that grows in full sun and one that grows in part shade. The one in partial shade is larger than the one in full sun but I chop at the one in full sun because the people before me planted it so that it blocked the light getting to the blueberries. Evil or Very Mad They have been very hardy. Don't seem to mind me forcing them to the size I want.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Jenn - if you want to move that hydrangea, you can hedge your bets. Hydranges root really easily (I pulled a plant in flower out of a roadside dump area, brought it home, cut it up into 18 cuttings, planted the original. All but 1 of the cuttings took. I heeled them in for the winter in my poolside bed under straw - checked last week and they are still looking good.

You could take a bunch of cuttings, trim the thing back hard to 2-3", dig it up and move it so it doesn't block your blueberries (blocking blueberries? That's a crime Razz )
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm

I love your phlox garden! and asparagus?! thats odd, will you move it to your veggie garden?
the Scarlet Doubletake quince is pretty!

Sierra ate my butterfly bush to the ground... lets see if it comes back. and my lilacs were buried under our storm the other week Sad lost some branches but looks like the buds may be ok.
Amy, that was us the other Wed with our blizzard.

Jenn the yard is looking good. wish i had room for trees.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Jenn, everything looks gorgeous, so rich in color, lots of work and dedication.....my favorite is still the little purple flowers near your front door, looks like a blanket, just love those flowers!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:28 pm

I have considered getting the pink version of the phox and starting them on the other side of the bed and letting them meet in the middle. They are such hardly little plants and love the sun. A little slow to grow though at first.

I will consider moving the hydrangea. It is 4 ft tall (the one pictured is pushing 6ft tall) so I'm a little iffy about doing a hard prune to very short. They have pretty hearty trunks on them more like a tree. Main trunk is probably 3 inches across.

I will probably leave the asparagus where it is. I've heard disturbing them is bad and once the daffodils are done for the season there is nothing else there. The fronds get tall and fluffy and add a little interest to the bed.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Your yard looks SO pretty Jenn! I LOVE the phlox!!!

Here, Pyrocantha do very well, many people used them at one time for hedges. But they can get something called fire blight or something like that, they just suddenly turn brown and die.

You'll have to take a pic of the silver maple when it has leaves, it sounds so pretty
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 am

Looked at maple yesterday and it is starting to leaf. Many of them already had leaves when we went to buy a tree but I figured getting one that was still half dormant might make planting less of a shock. It is getting little spikey tufts at the end of the limbs now so shouldn't be long before it looks more like a tree and less like a confused mass of twigs.

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Jenn, I love the phlox as well and those hydrangeas are beautiful! I wish I had the time/patience/space to have a nice garden and trees around the yard like that.

I'm actually about to post a few pictures of our weekend project in my garden thread.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:53 pm

Some things are starting to wake up. I've been running behind on other things. I got the guttering on the shed and hung the rain chain. Need to get a picture of it in the evening though when the sun is hitting the copper. So far no rain since I got it though to see how it works. Figures. Next step is to put a fresh coat of paint on the shed and get rid of the grey spots the old owners were too lazy to paint.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13087719_10209843376469049_4068066439697101429_n

My lazy dianthus. They never get very big. My others get huge. My peekaboo dianthus didn't grow this year. My guess is the hedges finally chocked it out.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13040914_10209843376629053_3530006031251349400_o

Daffodils are almost done, my new golden yucca is the first thing i've put in cauldron since we've been here. The peach is leafed and of course, the bane of my existence, onions sneaking up through the only part of my flowerbed I can't smother them out of, the middle of my mini rose.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13086635_10209843376549051_8805921569900295622_o

maple has leafed. Except for the top. I can only hope the top won't be like this forever.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13062538_10209843376669054_2998133970738696993_n

Do you have the thyme? I do and it's blooming.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13048108_10209843377109065_2977328212781789179_o

Looks and smells similar to basil, but blooms like red salvia. Still not sure about this one.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13041254_10209843377189067_2863110244934277254_o

My blooming blueberry. The other is already making berries. Should be getting fresh ones in a few weeks. My middle berry seems to have gone on vacation this year. Disappointing.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13010586_10209843377309070_5246920515531609732_n

A type of coral bells. They are actually going up this year. Haven't had much chance in the past since Kenzi would always run through the pot to race behind the stairs when doing zoomies. I have blocked her path behind the AC unit though and that means she can't get up the oomph to run them over anymore.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13015335_10209843377709080_3651843588014778897_n

Pink columbine is starting to bloom. Decent size this year. Last year this one didn't bloom thanks to keno after something trying to dig them out of the pot.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13041449_10209843377829083_5929291638189853728_o

Caramel? Coral bells. I think that's their variety. These too I don't think bloomed last year thanks to keno. He was a little rough on plants when we first got him and stunted a few his first year with us. He has since seen the error of his ways with the plants. Just need to do that with the poor yard now.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13086736_10209843377909085_2476694772116366097_o

About missed the blooming of the lilac. It's starting to finish in sections. Going to get the prune job of its life very soon. Poor thing needs rejuvenated in a big way.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13041449_10209843378029088_8860973210603782288_o

Layout of the new and improved garden. Was running short on the first set of fencing I bought so must get more. I haven't planted anything yet. It's where I am really running behind the most. Until I get more of the fencing I have to barricade the dogs out of it in case Keno gets the idea I built it for him to dig in.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13063312_10209843378549101_1436811572641971_o

Also testing my hand at straw bale gardening this year to go with all the others. I have some 40 tomato plants I started from seed on accident so I figure to do an experiment and see what works best for growing, pots, raised bed, or straw. If anyone knows some other way of growing tomatoes for me to test out I still have more plants I could put somewhere. Thinking about the upside down growing I've seen on tv.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13029438_10209843378589102_5770556625683274870_o

Red Columbine getting ready to bloom, and the infamous tree I will be removing soon. We have a spot picked out to replant it if it lives.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13048071_10209843378669104_9090373943493146619_o

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Wow, Jenn everything looks so well placed and full of life!! I especially like your raised growing bed, looks like a nice section to grow vegies. Hope this year gives you lots of plentiful food.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Everything looks so pretty Jenn! Love the rain chain! I gotta get me one, haha. The raised garden looks really good, I think I may work on mine this wknd, I need to plant my veggies. I expected the silver maple to be more...silvery! Still pretty though!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:20 pm

It will be more silvery as it gets older and the leaves get larger. They are named for the silvery undersides of their leaves. This will come through more as the season comes on and it ages and gains more leaves. It's still trying to spread its limbs from being bound up in shipping. The wind won't stop long enough here so far though for it or the peach tree to get comfortable.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Sounds really pretty Jenn, I love silvery foilaged plants, most everything I choose, I notice, has that grayish/silvery look to it.

I REALLY like your caramel coral bells, has such a cool autumn look to them.

Ok, I have experience with the upside down tomatoe plant thing...in fact I have another one that's been sitting in its original box in the garage for a few years now, lol. Mine just would not grow and I had gotten my father one as well, and although it did slightly better than mine (mine...turned brown within a week and never recovered) his didn't get any tomatoes. For some people they work though! So you can try but I'm not ever gonna use them again, LOLOL
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:47 pm

That's interesting about the tomatoes. I talked to my grandma and she tried it but the weight of the tomatoes eventually broke the stem of her plant. She has retried it but stuck to cherry tomatoes and has done decent. Not sure if better than in ground plants though. I was thinking about hitting the plants in the upside down growers with a lot of nitrogen early to hopefully beef up their stalks before they fruit. I wonder what happened with yours. Maybe underside of leaves got sun burnt?

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I think with mine, Jenn, it was the soil. Potted plants here dry out super fast. The soil I usually buy for pots is about mid-grade (as far as price) cuz my pots are generally quite big and the more expensive soils don't go very far as far as filling the pots. I've seen this soil turn to almost dust when it's not watered constantly, so I have started using some of the more top end soils. While I don't know what soil my father used, he did connect drip watering to his upside down tomato pot and his did grow, but not nearly like a tomato plant in the ground would have. I think he told me he had two tomatoes on it, that never got big, which sounds like any tomatoe plant I've had that has been in a pot, they grow...they get a tomato here and there, never very big and take forever to ripen. Full sun too! Then at the end of the season when I remove them from their pots, they have quite an extensive root system which tells me I really should have gotten better production from them. I really wish I could grow them in pots cuz it's much easier to protect them from pests and they can get full sun for longer amounts of time by being able to place them in those areas where I get sun all day long.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:51 am

Some other stuff is trying to get going now.

Spiderwort starting to pop.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13112758_10209996102527105_1228011882178674089_o

Some little annual I got that I can't remember the name of.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13221386_10209996102487104_7536014623981637246_o

Splatter Iris doing its thing.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13221429_10209996102447103_3927005558461995615_o

Burgundy Iris

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13161970_10209996103127120_9074000169692567592_o

Firethorn in their spring phases

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13217509_10209996103167121_632918476856014483_o

My Dahlias

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13102785_10209996103287124_180924121850701796_n

The little maple tree I dug up. Broke his main root when I dug him up so I put him in a pot to nurse a little. And then I always pick up a batch of Ageratum each year.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13217148_10209996103207122_2990324487669926538_o

Climatus in back yard.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13151691_10209996103727135_8308447156143414464_n

My black Iris finally decided to show up this year. Had feared they had all reverted to the splatter form.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13220597_10209996103767136_3096978659838138726_o

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13217597_10209996103847138_79327624988581131_o

Corner flowerbed. Need to clean it up some but it is filling in well.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13147370_10209996103927140_3627336340427120740_o

Blue Columbine

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13161783_10209996104407152_3586894112765734769_o

Something has gone terribly wrong with my Joseph's coat rose. Yes, it is a Joseph's coat. It has bloomed properly in the past with the orange and red and pink flowers simultaneously, but for some reason so far it is only throwing red. My mom fears it may have reverted back to its original color during the move and fight against powdery mildew. This is the best it has ever bloomed though.

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 13174113_10209996104447153_3801814590582444932_n

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:27 pm

If not an own root rose, you could be seeing the flowers from the root stock...I moved a golden showers several years ago and the remnants left being put up flowers very similar to what you have. Everything looks level, Jenn!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:49 pm

That rose has sprouted and put on more shoots than it has collectively in its whole life. Didn't think about them all just coming up from one color chunk. Wondering about trying to graft in from some other rose to reintroduce some color variation, or just try and seek out another Joseph's coat that hasn't been jostled around and abused as this one has. I was trying to find a white but that was when I thought this one was going to color out correctly.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Everything looks really really pretty, Jenn! The Black Iris is awesome!!! That spiderwort looks pretty! I just planted a few yellow dahlias in my front yard, the black leafed one is starting to sprout up again (thought the frost killed it) right inside that "river" I just put in, haha, I'm leaving it, it looks kinda cool. I took pics last week of everything since it's starting to fill in more, maybe I'll post them this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)   MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MO Jenn's Garden of sorts (spring stuff)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3